Why don't some women want to work with their spouse in the same firm/department?

I mean if you love someone don't you want to be together with him/her as much as possible? If you don't then why are you even living together?

Is this how marriage work? The cement that keeps two people together is the time they don't spent together? If this is true, then it's kinda depressing if you ask me...
Also, is this really a healthy relationship if everything you can talk to your spouse is your work or the time you don't see each other? What about their hobbies? Each other's wit? Their thoughts? The memories you two spent time together? etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• People need their space, seriously. I could never work alongside my fiance, all day long, every day. It's not healthy for couples to be attached at the hip for 24 hours a day. I like to come home and hear about his day and tell him about mine. Work/school isn't all we talk about either so I don't know why you're saying couples can't talk about other things besides work.

My parents have been doctors at the same hospital for over 10 years, but they work in different departments. My dad is an ER doctor and surgeon, and my mom is in radiology. The only time they cross paths is if my dad has to send his patients for scans or X-rays. That works for them.

Offices are ripe breeding grounds for gossip. If you're already a couple at work, there is bound to be talk about your personal life. Or maybe that because you're married to the boss you got away with something. Things like that.

Loving somebody doesn't mean you want to be together all the time. That's called being clingy.

What Girls Said 6

• personally it's never a good idea because everyone else starts to no your personal information. also eventually small arguments could turn into bigger arguments because your around that person all the time. also its much more difficult for either one of you to get a job promotion if you are working together. absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Like sweatgirl said, it can cause more tension at work when the two of you fight because it doesn;t give you guys your own space to calm down or event think. Also, if you work at different places, it gives you guys the opportunity not only to miss each other, but gives you something else to talk about. You could talk about your day, what happened, what you ate, and just little things like that.

• Honestly I don't want to spend 24 hours a day with my SO. Yes I might love him very much, but if we are going to be together constantly we will eventually be tired of each other. I personally don't like to date anyone from work or my group in school. It just tends to get complicated and when I finish work or school some of the things can be brought up when I get home. I don't want that.

• Don't get me wrong I love my husband to death! But refuse to work at the same place as him, it's not because I don't wanna spend every second of the day together because I do but at the same time I need an escape! We fuss and fight just like any couple and when we do I don't wanna see him, so if we was into it and I had to see him at work it would effect how well I do my job. Not to mention you make friends with people at work and y'all vent to each other about whatever you don't want to put them in spot because most likely if you and your husband work together y'all will share the same group of friends.

• People need space. It's normal human behavior

• Work requires a different side of us than marriage. It's not always the side the helps love grow.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't ever want to work with your spouse. I don't care how much you love each other. You need SOME time apart. You won't even have anything to talk about, because you will already know everything that happened to the other one because you were there. Even talking to a girl that you need to communicate with to do your job, could land you in hot water. The drama from home follows you to work, and the drama from work follows you home.