Would you marry and stay with someone who doesn't work, and have 3 kids?

my coworker/friend recently separated from his wife and kids because she refused to work. they have three kids and a house to pay for. he can't keep working 2 jobs and doing the house work too. (she doesn't clean either) he told me if she makes a significant change, he'd get back with her. he's currently dating someone else

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I figure that my mom had me, then 8 years later had triplets and she has worked 60 hour weeks all through my childhood and my dad has worked 50 hour weeks all though my childhood and between the two of them, the house stayed clean, the animals stayed looked after, the kids stayed alive, and one or both of them made it to every one of all of our games/events even though none of us did the same thing.

Coming from that background...no, I don't blame him for leaving. If she's going to be a stay at home mom she could at least take care of the house. My mom was never a stay at home mom and she still managed to keep the house in working order. My mom would scoff at your friend's ex wife.

What Girls Said 7

• Well... it depends on the ages of the kids. If they're all young and she has to be with them all day, then it's not really her fault if the housework gets put off...Taking care of three little kids can't be easy.

• if he works two jobs then SOMEONE is taking care of the kids-in this case-she is. you say that like she just sits around all day. yeah, i would stay with her, or i'd stay at home with the kids, or get a nanny.

• or she could just get a job

• Yeah, but apparently it's only "normal" if she does it. That my friend is a double standard.

And she is jobless & living off of his money regardless of how you try to defend her. Admit it, I've won this debate.

• HOW did you win this? by proving men don't give a shit about their kids and have no idea what it takes to raise one let alone 3? how is a divorce a good choice for a family with 3 kids? but no, man think woman lazy, man want freedom, man leave woman with 3 fucking kids and divorce costs.

• Although I could easily afford that, I can't stand lazy people.

• The person would have to get a job.

• thats horrible. Those poor kids. :(

• What in the hell so you think lmao! Hell naw

• hey, some people might

• Yeah but couldn't be me...I read the question too fast too..but yeah a person who rich would...but then again what does that person have going for them? You know?

• No I wouldn't

• having 3 kids is not an issue, but not contributing in any form of household income/chore is..
      i wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't want to do anything positive for themselves and the family

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't even marry. Poof. Problem dissolves.

• No. She would have to get out and go to work the same as I do.