My family and most people I talk to are against me not wanting marriage and kids?

My family and most people I talk to are against me not wanting marriage and kids
I don't understand. I don't want to take care of kids for the rest of my life. Nor do I want to be with one guy for the rest of my life. That would be torture and I would feel trapped.
Whydo people think it's okay to tell someone they will change your mind? I never thought of weddings as a little kid

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Trust me you will change your mind when you get older. Every person I have known that never wanted kids starts to get an itch and FREAKS out when they hit 40 and never had one.
    AS for marriage I am more commitment phobic than any man I have met (signing a car loan requires a paper bag for the hyperventilating). But about 28 I realized I was ready to settle down. And almost did if the guy hadn't been a jerk.
    Lastly as for not wantiing to take care of someone for the rest of your life, who do you think will take care of you, visit you, make sure you are being properly cared for when you are too old to do it yourself?

• Not really

• Depends. I think you just wanna look for the bad in everything and prove you are "too cool" to live by standards of society. I am tired and really could care less about your future lonely life. But trust me you will remember this when you get older and realize I did know a thing or two.

• You know shit. You live in a fantasy land