bf wants to get married next yr I'm not sure if I'm ready, or that he's the one.?

my bf of 7 years and two kids wants to get married next yr but I'm not sure if I'mready. or if he's the one I love him n all but I'm not sure.. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have two kidz do it unless he beats you

• no he has never hit me... he's actually really Good to me despite our little arguments he's does everything for us... (omg what is wrong with me?)

• Lol! 😅 for all uknow I could be a troll 😄

• Well, I've alwayzs been partial too pointed ears

What Guys Said 4

• You've been together for 7 years and have 2 children together and you're not sure if he's the right guy for you? Still? My dear if you don't know if he's the right guy by now then he isn't and that's sad because I'm sure you knew this 2 years into the relationship. You should definitely have a talk with him about the way you feel. There's no need to hide it any longer.

• we had a rough start in our relationship.. I love him I do.. I'm just afraid of making the wrong choice.. I want only one marriage in my lifetime

• Marry him and work through your insecurities if you say you love him and he doesn't abuse you. The truth is that your heading towards the age where you're no spring chicken my love.

• Ok how are you with some one for that long have kids with and are basically married but you have problems thinking he is not the right one. If you thought that keep your legs shut. I'm sorry but get a grip on your life and take some responsibility.

• Just like the other guy said if you already have kids why not?

• I don't know! Sometimes I feel like he's not the one I'm suppose to marry I don't want to make a mistake... 😓

• I think you are excited and nervous. If you take some time to calm down you'd realized that you have been with this man for 7 years and you have two kids. You seem to have been happy so far with very little problems from what you have us in the question. Besides Marriage isn't a big deal you will be still living with the same man just like you did all this time , its just that now you can call him your husband instead of boyfriend (isn't that cool!!!) and your relationship is now a written document.

Don't worry it will be the same as it was before he will love you like he did always. So don't worry.

• *what you have told us in the question
      *is now on a written document

What Girls Said 3

• How can you be together for 7 years, have 2 kids, yet when some trivial ceremony comes into play, you're having second thoughts?

I mean, really now. Seven years is a long time. I think you're placing too much merit into this thing called marriage and forgetting the fact that you've been in love with the same person for 7 FEKIN YEARS. What difference does a ring make?
    If you were to not get married, would you still stay with him another 7 years?

If so, then you're worrying over literally nothing. Stop putting marriage on a pedestal and thinking that it will somehow change your relationship. You are still the same people with the same feelings.

• 7 years is not that long actually when you compare it to marriage. Plus, a lot of things change in 7 years. Some couples are together for more then 7 years, get married and still divorce. And I mean A LOT of couples.

• But ultimately, it's not marriage itself that made the relationship fall apart, it's the people in it.

And how is being together for a long time any different from being together for a long time with some documents signed? Marriage doesn't determine the longevity of a relationship, the people involved do.

There are so many couples our there, who have been together for 20, 30, etc. years without getting married (my boyfriend's nan, to give a real life example).

It's all about how people work together.

• if you are questioning if you want to marry him then don't marry him. if you have to question that then you are not ready to marry him or he may not be the one you want to marry. you can only decide that nobody on here can. I would sit down some where outside the house and write a list of the things you like about him and things that you don't like about him. I would take a trip some where for one or two nights and think about what is in your best interest of the relationship for you and the kids. (no kids and not him on this trip). Talk to a friend who will listen sometimes when you hear your self talk out load that helps put the pieces together. Good luck

• "The one" doesn't exist. Sorry but he just doesn't. Some people are just worth settling down with. but that doesn't mean there is only one person forever. It would have been beautiful but that's just not how it works. If you're happy and willing to stay with him like you are now, marriage won't change much. Having kids with him was a much bigger deal and I guess it worked out fine. So the fact that when the word "marriage" comes up and you flip out, is just a natural instinct. A fear of committing and not being able to go back (you can go back though if you are really unhappy). But don't worry too much. You should know where you are standing with this guy as you already started a family with him.