Would it be cruel not to invite my own parents but everyone else in my family to my wedding,?

I haven't seen them in two years. I don't care about them whatsoever. If I never see them again I am fine with that. They never beat me or hit me or did drugs and drank excessively. But they never viewed me as any thing more than a mental illness. That's all I was to them just a giant talking pill bottle it was always send him to this new therapist or let's put him on this new medication. I hated my own family and I still do. I am engaged and even though we haven't picked out the date. I am inviting everyone but them. My sister is going to tell them but I will make sure that they don't get in to the wedding. Should I invite them would it be cruel not to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Would seeing them ruin your wedding? In other words, would your mood turn negative if you come out and see them standing there with the crowd? If yes, maybe you shouldn't invite them. You don't want your biggest day or event to be ruined. Maybe it will make them think twice about the way they treated you when you were younger.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it would be cruel. You might be having problems with them. But don't forget they begetted you. You might think they hate you but they do love you, they fed you, clothed you, etc. They would wish what's best for you. Sometimes that can lead us to misinterpreting their actions. But at the end of the day you can find a set of everything in this world, even someone to call a brother or a sister. But you can never find a mother or father you can call your own. Not in today's world where everyone is concerned with their welfare only

• It's a tough one. I think you should invite them but keep them out of the wedding party. The relationship might be strained now but you never know what will happen in the decades to come.
    I know a man whose daughter did not invite him to her wedding and he is so torn up about it.
    Be the bigger person and invite them, so no matter what happens in the future you will have no regrets. If they don't come, they're idiots.

• Yes it would

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see why you should invite them, if you don't like them. It's ridiculous that you should associate with anyone you don't want to associate with.