Is a man allowed to cry on a womans shoulder?

A woman is allowed to cry on a mans shoulder - but does it go the other way around?

For most women?

I don't mean be a weak bitch who cries about insignificant things. But I mean is a man given support by his woman? Is the mans feelings acknowledged? Is he allowed to express his weakness?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course! Many women make the mistake of thinking that their guys aren't allowed to cry and that it shows weakness if they do, but that's not true. I think it takes a certain kind of strength for a man to cry in front of his S/O and to allow her to support him. We expect that our boyfriends or husbands will cry sometimes - at funerals, when our kids are born, if they're in a lot of pain - but it's okay if they need to let out their emotions more often than that. We don't mind lending them a shoulder to cry on once in a while because we love them and it's our job to take care of them like they take care of us. Crying doesn't necessarily mean a person is weak; it can show their strength, too.

What Girls Said 11

• There's nothing wrong with crying and seeking support from others, regardless of gender.

• of course its acceptable. he cried on me multiple times and left puddles on me. i dont make fun of him for it. but i would try to cheer him up and point out the mess he was making lol

• Yes, of course he is. There's nothing wrong with men crying and there's nothing wrong with his woman making sure he's okay and supporting him.

• Of course. If he's feeling so,, I always encourage him to come to me , however. I'll just hug him until it's better

• Yes :) we are all human and man have feelings too. I like supporting each other. I don't like man who acts tough but inside its not. Let it out instead of emotionally build up inside. It feels better after and I can lend him my shoulder :)

• Sure, why the hell not? Everyone can expect support from their loved ones.

• If it's someone I care about, I'd probably just hug him and comfort him until he stops crying and then try and talk about why he's upset.

• Yes, would be fine with it. That would mean you have a very trusting relationship. Not all of the time mind you!

• Uh YEAH :)

• Of course it's okay! My husband isn't a cry baby by any means but he has cried and I've always been there for it, I probably cried with him!

• I figure if a guy cries then he needs the release just like we do.

• you look like my Swedish friend, you both look very similar, your like the older version of her

• I hope thats a good thing! 😀

What Guys Said 3

• Yes and no. Some girls may think its cute, but it generally speaking isn't a good look. If you had a death in the family or something along those lines then it is understandable, otherwise if you are crying over something that isn't necessarily that big of a deal, it does not look great for you. Being a dominate and "manly' alpha male is what most women are attracted to, which you can learn how to become. You can learn a lot like I did from here: www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

• I'll cry on a shoulder if I want to. I AM THE GODDAMN KING!

• I cried in front of my ex and she never let it down and made fun of me, so i say fuck that shit, never cry in front on her

• Infront of any girls***