Me and my bf have been going out for 2 and a half years this May and he told his friend that he is going to propose soon. What does that mean?

I am 50 and he is 54. I live in my own house that is falling apart and he lives in a one bedroom apartment. Everything in our relationship is great but it has been 2 and a half years and he told his friend that he plans to propose soon because I heard him on the phone. He brings up marriage like every week and I respond by saying OK and and agree with some things. He asked me to move in with him but I told him that I will not move in without a ring. If he does not propose by the end of the summer I;m walking. My question is how do I leave the relationship without making him marry me and them him regretting it later and throw that in my face?

The issue is he has not bought the ring and wanting me to move in together at 2 and a half years? That should have been brought up one in a half years, not waiting for 2/5 years and then ask me. He probably knows that time is running out.

What Guys Said 1

• You can't make him marry you. And if you have both talked about getting married then whats the issue? If he is going to propose then he is going to propose. If not, then you ought to find out. If you want out, then leave, tell him that if he isn't going to marry you then you can't stay. Its pretty simple. But again you can't make him marry you. As for regrets? You have to do what you think is best for you. End of story

What Girls Said 0