Do you notice wedding rings on people? Do you care?

When you start talking to a stranger do you look at their ring finger before saying anything?

0|0
15|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really pay attention to that actually, but also I'm not going up to people to flirt with them or anything. Some people do not wear wedding bands, either because of their job or they don't want others to know they're married (red flag, but you wouldn't know it I guess. That's the point.)

I thought getting an engagement ring would keep all the guys at bay, but I still get some who flirt a bit. So I guess some guys don't pay attention either :)

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Nope, I don't notice, nor do I care.

1|1
    0|0
  • I look just because it's a free piece of info about someone that can help you decide how to interact with them. If i'm not interested in the guy, I'll feel more comfortable talking to him if he's got a wedding ring on because I'll know he doesn't want anything else from me than conversation. If he's not wearing a ring, I'll be more careful about inadvertently giving off flirty or interested vibes. If I KNOW that he's taken, I can just relax, because there's not potential sexual weirdness. This is true if i'm single or taken.

2|0
    0|0
    • What if he starts hitting on you?

• a married man or a single one? a married man: i'll disengage from the conversation and avoid him like the plague from then on. cheaters are the fucking worst. if he's single: 1) if i'm interested, flirt back 2) If i'm not, be friendly but firm about my lack of interest if he persists.

• If I'm interested I will definitely look at the ring finger. If there is a ring, I will still talk to him if approached but keep the conversation appropriate.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not really chances are i don't care

1|1
    0|0
  • Do you mean to flirt? Yea, I would look and see if they have one.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't notice at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I started to notice till I realized many married men didn't wear it. I have never thought it was necessary, but now i think it is essential. If you respect your wife, wear it ( except professional reasons)

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't notice unless he's attractive, then i look and if he has one then he's not attractive anymore lol

0|1
    0|0
  • If I find them attractive, I'll immediately look at their ring finger as to not get my hopes up like a dumbass if they're married.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the first things I notice on a man is his hands. So yes, I tend to notice if he has a ring or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since, I am single, I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Never pay attention unless its sum huge bling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if he's attractive. I would not be flirtatious with a married man.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Never but young gals look at wife's ring constantly - guess they are in the market & it's the buzz at that age

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do and I make sure that my wedding ring is always visible. It's also my protection when pretty girls walk by me. Whenever I feel like turning my head, I touch it and it reminds me of keeping my eyes straight - it works very well.

2|0
    0|0
  • I notice because I tend to watch peoples hands. Also I have an soft spot for shiny stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never notice jewelry and stuff like that.. Ha

1|0
    0|0