Do you want to get married? If not, what is your ideal situation?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• I do want to, but I doubt it'll happen. How about you, RR?

• I wanna get married so I can have sex whenever I want. Plus putting finances together seems easier to have a family with. So getting married for sex and family. I know that I will get a lot of downvotes for that but that is the truth.

• you don't have to be married to have sex. The frequency of sex usually goes down once your married.

• My bf does not live with me or even in my town so I only get to do it like once a week.

• Marriage isn't my end game. In general, I don't think it's taken seriously anymore. Do you know how many times I've heard, "If it doesn't work out we can get divorced."? WHAAAT? It no longer means anything. I may get married one day, I don't know, but I'm surely not looking for it. My last relationship actually ended mostly because he wanted the title of husband, but I wouldn't jump in. I couldn't.

• I'm getting married in December. Not being married would be alright, but there are some good legal benefits in our situation.

• I don't really care either way. If it happens, it's probably so my boyfriend can be on my insurance lol. It would be okay if it happens, but I'm not pushing for it.

• I don't really care about marriage. If my boyfriend ever propose, I'd probably say yes but if he doesn't we'll just live our life together :) it's kind of like being married except it's not written on a paper. We're already living together and have a couple statue toward the law already

• I hope to get married one day. If not, I have back up plans (in no particular order):

1) Crazy lady with 5 dogs.
    2) Crazy lady who adopts a daughter and has 5 dogs
    3) Bachelorette pad
    4) If I have a SO who doesn't want to get married I'd be fine living with him and doing everything married people do.

• Strong everything.

• I don't see how 4 is possible without the piece of paper though

• I have friends whose parents aren't married, but they act like a married couple. They split their incomes for bills and what not.

• I do want to get married. I've never been one of those girls that had planned out in every detail by the time they turned 7, but I did always want to get married

• No.

and I'm married.

• Sigh. The sad plight of the beta orbiter.

• *blah* no worries.. I don't worry about it.
      Just because they're your parents doesn't mean you have to like/love them ;) besides; I was adopted.. ;) if you wanna get married, have fun first! :)

• Yes I hope to be married one day probably in my late early 20s

• I'm on the fence. I'm not religious but I like the idea of having a ring hahaha.
    I'll likely end up getting married because my long term boyfriend wants to, and if I do get married it'll be to him.

• Married. Would do it again. I'm not good on my own.

• Not really. I prefer the single life, less stress.

• No I don't.
    I never saw the appeal to marriage.

• I did...when i was 23yo and now...hahaha

• Hey, there was a question like an hour or two ago about Korea. Some guy is moving there.

• Ah ha! I will go and check it out because im a Pisces Im a very helpful person LOL thanks hehe

• It's not on my list of life goals or anything, I'll be okay if I never get married.
    BUT I do hope to find someone and spend our lives together, with or without being married.

Having said that, there is something about marriage that I find strangely sexy. We become each other's property. I take his name, I'm now his. I'm his wife, he's my husband. The ownership and all that is sexy, to me.
    So, I wouldn't say no to marriage if we loved each other, but I wouldn't be upset if he never asked either.

• I want a relationship where we're comfortable. We don't have to be living together but we can have a relationship. He can sleep over my place if he wants but I'm not moving into his place. I feel like in the end if he wants to break up and end things and I live with him that he'll just kick me out and that's it, that's pretty much why overall I wouldn't move in with him. I'm not against marriage but I'm not jumping into it either. If it gets to that point, it'll be a big step and I have to be 100% sure. I don't want to get married early on because I feel like in the end I'll regret it just like so many couples surrounding me. Its so complicated for since I honeslty don't believe in marriage to me there is no point. We can have a marriage like relationship and not be actually married. Hope that makes sense

• I do want to get married ^.^ my wedding day has been something I've fantasized about since I was little hehe it will be the most magical day of my life :3

• my ideal situation is to be married to the love of my life. to be complete honesty with each other.. travel have kids and enjoy life with my man! and have crazy sex all of our lives! build a legacy with each other and ignore the negativity society places on marriage!

What Guys Said 9

• I worry about money, but if I can be assured the woman would love me and my future kids forever, I would be very happy to be married. I'd feel like I was actually doing something with my life. No matter how many pretty pictures I paint/render, the thrill of a thumbs up on DeviantArt lasts only about five minutes. I want to make changes that will have a positive influence on the world capable of emanating throughout generations. And right now, I feel I'm falling very far short of that.

• No marriage. I want to meet the right person, lover and best friend, and live with her until we're as comfortable together as a pair of old shoes. I just don't want the ceremony and officiousness of marriage. I don't desire society's approval of my relationships.

• What about God's approval? You can always elope with her, you know. You don't need to make a spectacle of your wedding if you don't want one.

• What about the tooth fairy's approval? Religion and the God myth are half the reason I think marriage is such a joke.

• I've quit looking for girls who like me. I don't even want a girl anymore. I'm staying single for life. I feel happier not wanting a girl vs wanting but not being able to find one.

• Was married for 20 years. I can see myself getting married again. But I will definitely live together first for a while. but if your going to stay together you may as well get the tax benefits.

• frequency of sex goes down when married because other priorities take over work and kids for example.

• And that doesn't happen in other kinds of long term relationships?

• right. during the kid years there were times when we went as long as 2 months without sex. we were beat..

• I do want to get married.

• Yeah, I do. Only to the right person, of course.

I'm optimistic, if not a little pollyannic.

• I don't know if I ever want to get married but having a companion of some sort would be nice. Eh if it doesn't happen it wouldn't bother me all that much.

• Yes, I want to get married and looking for the love of my life! I'm family oriented person and secretly a hopeless romantic that wants a bunch of kids! :D

• The only reason why I date is marriage other wise known as courting which is what I do.