Girls why is a wedding so important to you?

I want to know why girls see marriage and more importantly weddings as their days

Most Helpful Girl

• It's such a big commitment! Not so long ago in history, being a wife was all a woman could amount to be 95% of the time, so they wore the wife banner the best they could. Being a wife was (and still is) an honor, and becoming one is definitely something to celebrate. Obviously, women have moved up in the world, and can now become much more than just wives, but it's still just as exciting, and the tradition still remains.
    In the old days, it's about the bride because it's all she really had, it was like a man getting a big promotion at work. She was being promoted from mom's help to the mom that needs help in her own home. She would move into a new house (like a man moving into his new office), and would become the manager of her own home. Though the man's life did change a lot as well, the wife's life changed much more than his did. The changes go as far as our last names! The age that women used to marry was the age at which they were in their prime, and they got to show off that prime on their wedding day. They were the most beautiful they were going to be within their lives as women, they were at prime child-bearing age, and they would provide children for their husbands. All of these are something that we looked forward to as being wives, and our wedding day is something that we used to celebrate getting to be a wife.

Though times have DRASTICALLY changed, the tradition of the wedding day being the bride's day has stayed the same.

Sorry this may sound a little chauvinist, it's just that the idea of being a house wife is a romantic one for me. :p

What Girls Said 11

• well a wedding is not just my day…its the day where i get to celebrate the beginning of my long journey with my beautiful husband.

we start thinking of it from a very young age actually.disney may have played an enormous part in that:P we just want a day where we can feel like a princess. where my groom is my prince, and its just a day of celebrating love.

• Hmmm... I like the fantasy of it. Finding the right person, having it all fall into place, and being able to show him off and go MINEMINEMINE! =]

But the actual details are not important to me. I don't have a dream dress or wedding colors or a venue in mind lol. I just like the general idea of it.

• Getting married is like a rite of passage for women. It symbolizes giving your entire self to somebody else, and in history it really symbolizes the freedom of a woman to get away from her family and start a new life with someone. It's really a mushy, emotional thing. It's considered "the bride's day" because women are generally more sensitive than men and therefore more emotional about mushy things. That's just my take, at least.

• Good take on it

• It's just what I've gathered. I read an article once called "marriage isn't for you" and it was about how the guy didn't see the point in marriage and he asked his wife about it and even the little things about marriage meant the world to her.

• no idea. im fine with just going to city hall and saving the wedding money for our "honeymoon"
    he's the one that wants the wedding. EH

• It's not. I'd love to wear the dress and drink a lot of wine with the people I love, but beyond the party I really don't see any difference. If anything, I think marriage is like a contract that forces (or pressures) you to stay with someone whether or not you're happy

• Wedding create memorable fun times, not just with lovely and newly married husband/wife, but with the people around us, like family and friends. It creates a bond and people likes to see other couples happy with their new life, new start and new partner.

• 1. It is not.

2. I do not.

• It's not. I was forced to have my first wedding. If I ever get married again I'm flying to Hawaii and getting married on the beach. As alone as possible.

• To have a good memory.

• It's something a girl grows up dreaming about doing! It's very traditional and makes us feel special. And, in my case, I wouldn't be having sex out of wedlock. But that's my opinion. :)

• I actually don't want to get married.

What Guys Said 1

• Because the day you get married is supposed to be memorable.