Why do people complain about marriage?

A lot of people are desperate to find a spouse. They'd be happy to find anyone who's willing to commit to them. Yet there are people who have spouse and still complain?

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is a hard thing. But I don't complain about it, I love my husband and we have a great marriage! So what would there be to complain about? I mean sure we have our little fights and stuff, but every couple has that. I think the ones who complain about it aren't happy in their marriage, which seem to be everyone these days! People just get married to get married I feel, they don't take the time to get to know each other before they get married and once they do they find out later on that they really don't wanna be with that person.

What Girls Said 7

• I would assume it's because marriage requires a ridiculous amount of effort that most couples aren't willing to put in. Living under the same roof with somebody is bound to bring problems but couples nowadays are quick to jump to divorce.

• Just because you have someone willing to commit that doesn't make things easier. Marriage is the hardest thing I've ever done.

• What was the hardest part for you?

• Sacrificing my dreams for the greater good. Once you're married even though you have your own hobbies you are never an individual anymore and I miss that.

• Che yah so glad to be single right now

• People who are single trying to find a man /woman to get married. People who are married trying to get out of this situation. I am really confused. Probably, I will never understand till I get married.

• I already had a taste of marriage, I didn't like it. I'm enjoying the single life now so much freedom! 😄

• What didn't you like about it?

• Because I am stupid! Its one of my biggest regrets in life, getting married at a young age.

• Well I do my own stupid things I don't want to be do quick to judge. At least you got to have sex and I didn't :D.

• when two indivivduals live under the same roof, they are exposed to each other good and bad habits, and as days goes by, people tend to complain. and people grow apart too..
    maintaining a good marriage requires a lot of efforts from both parties..

• I don't know why but it can be just because when your dating if their any issues in the relationship it doesn't go away just because your now married if anything more get added on, becasue their bills to pay, your together all the time, plus if you want kids or have kids. Not to mention some people may marry or stay in a relationship when their not really happy just to afford to being alone but yet not really happy.

• It's hard. We don't so so well at the hard stuff, as a species. The worst part is that being "in love" temporarily fools you that it won't be hard. In love isn't love, it's like being high. Haha.

• What do you think is the hardest part in marriage?

• Compromise. Sacrifice. Letting to of fear of not getting what you want.

What Guys Said 6

• Becuase people are constantly looking for perfection and thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. They aren't willing to sort out arguements and work through problems, preferring to break up instead and that relationships dont require any work (the honeymoon period doesn't last). I think very few couples now days will stay together till old age.

• when you are married you realize how easy being single is and how much easier dating could have been. You realize how little going on a few dates means and how relaxed you could have been.

• Their idea of marriage contradict their life experience and now they complain the idea of marriage..

• people complain about everything, that's life, you can't expect them to be happy 24/7

• Everyone works within their own frame of reference.

• A lot of people expect the world nowadays. There never satisfied anymore. And divorce is so easy to get compared to the past. So its no wonder so many marriages fail. A lot of them have unrealistic standards of what there spouse is supposed to be I think.