What does it mean when a guy says you're his girl to people when your next to him?

I was standing next to him this girl all of a sudden asks if he is going out with this other girl. Suddenly he says no she's my girl when he is looking at me then smiles. I said yeah and smiled back.

So What does it mean when a guy calls you his girl?

Also I like him..
I'm not sure what to do, and any more suggestions would be really helpful.
What he does now,is not speaking,but flirting,and he stares at me until I leave or he has too .What should I do about that?
Well This week I saw him with other girls, People I had talked to about this say their only friends, and his sibling is their friends. I don't know what to do anymore or what to think about this.
I found out he is only friends with the other girls and to everyone he is not a player!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 68

What Guys Said 58

• You have so many of the same answers on here. All I can tell you is that you need to be up front with him about what it meant when he said to the other girl. That is the only way you're going to find out. If I type what I think then your answers will be like a broken record- same thing oer and over again. Just ask him.

• Ok, just because he flirts and stares at you and told someone else you were his girl dosen't mean that it is a "conformation" that he's labeling as HIS girl. Guys do this--FLIRT--...but they are flirting or trying to send indirect signals that they could be interested in you. I would be upfront with him and ask him "does he like you". Stop beating around the bush and find out what's up or you will never know...

• umm..well it sound like he likes you especially if he calld you his girl in front of a differnt girl and if he continues to flirt with you instead of ingorning you thinkn you might have made that out to be something it wasn't..i would just ride it out and down the raod I think he mite ask you out or if you really think he likes you and he's sending out some signs you could even ask him out

• he likes u. there's no doubt about it. and if you want to clear things out then talk to him about it. and if he doesn't answer you then just keep bugging him about it until he tells you the truth. but don't worry he likes you =)

• so he doent have a gf,he stares at you and says your his girl and he's not a player he's probably very intense about you you like him so I think you need to start the convo because he's maybe to nervous around you

• he LIKES u

• He obviously likes you. I'd just flirt and if you're already flirting, then make the flirting more obvious.

• If he stares at you flirtatiously stare back flirtatiously. If he smiles, smile back

If he holds ur hand, show you likes it by holding it back but don't over do it

• He means you are his, umm, that he wants you to be his girl. If you like him you could reciprocate and see if he moves forward

• im assuming he likes you, people don't just say that kinda crap for no reason lol

• He likes you

• This means he is establishing his territory. No guy will ever give you a title if they don't see any plans of being with you. He likes you if he was being serious and yall have been talking.

• so to me it sounds like he has a crush and he was trying to myabe send you a major signal. so maybe you should just talk to him about it. if its too awkward between you guys then maybe that's a sign it wouldn't work out. because nothing should be awkward between to people especially if they are gonna date. So just be up front and ask him if he has feelings for you and what he meant by that...hope that helps!

• i refuse to answer your question because you have a surplus amount of advice going for you. all I have to say is: he likes you definitely more then average, so stop moaning, and groaning, and being a p**** because he might have female friends, this happens, and stare back for gods sake! or whatever you want to do to let him know your into him.

yeah...good luck, I'm happy you know what you want.

happy?

• First of all you did not have to, second I am not complaining of this, third I am not the p**** I may have one but I'm not acting like one right now like you are, third if you read the info I am fine he has female friends everyone does, and I do stare back at him. Also you should not be mean to people it is rude.

• I say that it means that he is slightly trying to hint that he wants you to be with him, try a bit of flirting back and see what happens!

• it means tht he likes you or he thinks you 2 are going out

• well I would say that he really likes you. you should ask him to go out with you.

• i think it means that he is ready to be ur boyfriend I find that guys don't say girlfriend they just say girl so I think he wants to date you. or if he's a pig he means he wants to have sex with you

• I'm pretty sure he likes you and he could be just as nervous about you as you are about him. And calling you his girl could be his way of testing the water to see if you'd be cool with it.

• That's his way of claiming you. He's declaring in front of other people that you're the girl he likes, you're the girl he wants or however you wanna take it. He obviously likes you so you should flirt back with him and get his number and start hanging out with him.

• Show More
  • Selected as most helpful

That means he is into you. Calling you his girl in front of everybody kind of give out a sign for everybody around. Guys don't say to other girls that she is my girl especially in high school while knowing each other for 3 years and dating for a year. This is a whole beauty of H.S. and fresh guys who didn't get scrutinized from a fake guys system ( to F... as many girls as possible before college ). If you caught one and held to one for a long period of time in there, that means you will have a long relationship. Same concept applies to girls. Don't get greedy and stick to one man that you like. Guys are scared of girls until age of 19 MAX so if you think that he is ignoring you but at the same time holds our hand smiles TXT's you but doing it all silent and secretly that means he likes you a lot but don't have enough 00 to admit it. Give them a little push and you will get a reword that is beyond your imagination. Good Luck.

• I would say that this guy does like you, the fact that he denied going out with another girl very quickly and then looked at you saying you were his girl would suggest he very much cares what you think, also 'his girl' may mean that he has his eyes/focus on you.

I would also say look out for other signs, does he try to start conversations with you a lot, does he try to touch you on the hand, arm, shoulder, hair, etc. These would be quite clear signs that he does like you.

I think you should ask if he'd like to do something sometime, like go to the movies or even do homework together. I know it seems a strange asking to do homework together, but if he really likes you then he will be thrilled at the idea.

• it doesn't sound like he was saying it in a joking way, so he may be saying it to see your reaction. it seems you like the idea and so does he.

• If the two of you had been talking about becoming involved or it was inferred that you had some sort of attraction toward each other, it would be my guess that he was opening things up for you to make some sort of advance. Seeing him with other girls probably means that he likes attentio 9as most guys do)and making statements to you and admiring you with looks would definitely mean that there was something there for him but on the other side of the coin, if no commitment has been made then someone needs to get to the bottom of this. Hmmmmmm...

• it means the guy cares for you, wants to protect you and be with you

• Yeah he most likely is into you, there is a small likely hood that he is trying to get the other girl off of his back, but most likely 90% sure that he is telling you he likes you in a smooth and opportunistic way

• When he calls you his girl its just a way of saying he likes. You should be happy that he said that infront of another girl because it means he likes you more than that girl.

• well when I call a girl "my girl" I am interested to say the least. I want her and everybody to know she is mine. when I am flirting and she gets sad. I say you are my girl and I love you. when she is my girl. I want her to know it along with everybody. hope this helped.

• I was standing next to him. [you were next to him but not with him]

this girl all of a sudden asks if he is going out with this other girl. [ some girl you don't know noone knows approaches the guy next to you, and I assume he was with a different girl, and stranger girl is asking.]

Suddenly he says no she's my girl [rejects her offer as if it was to dance or go on a date]

when he is looking at me then smiles.[obvious]

I said yeah and smiled back.[agreed with him but don't have a clue what's going on]

it means either, he wasn't interested in her, she was ugly, he's gay, or just snobbish and laughing to you to think he's the cool crowd because some girl walked up to him and approached him. sounds like a tool to me

• maybe he was confused or said it without thinking

• I know he was not confused at all, and it looked like he was thinking when he said it.

• if so if he's laughing as he says it I have seen this and put his hand in front it is an indicator pyschologacally that he wants them to back off but he could be joking likely the first point its just basic animal instinct we are advanced we have still verbal slips of true emotion and truth it is also could be a kind of bragging he is doing that you are his girlfriend

• MY GIRL is a nice sign that he likes u,he feels or fantacises you as his Girlfriend.

if you fantacy him like him or have a crush wid him den start dating him,go watch movies enjoy urselves,if you start having sumthing more dan crush den take it to 2 d next level dear,or else just move on,give sum time to it dear.

and don't complicate it just be easy to yourself to find out what he meant.

Spend time with him,talk to him on d phone text him regularly,if he meant what he said

then he'll too care for u.

dont think too much on these things these get more and more complicated as you think.

just do what you feel,what ur heart says...

best of luck dear :)

• It all depends on the woman's value in relation to what the guy thinks of himself.

A simple answer is, he's showing off his value to other women and to her.

It would be the same as driving around in a sports car, rolling down your windows and blaring the music.

The only difference is that with a car, you don't have to worry about it getting mad at you.

If the woman is physically attractive and fun, then it means that the guy likes her and is actually attempting to flirt more with her than the other women in the interaction.

If the woman is not attractive and/or not fun, then it means that the guy is simply showing off his value to other women in order to attempt to get the other women to notice/ like him.

You don't have to be a player in order to react to a social situation correctly. Sometimes its just blind luck.

If he calls you his girl when you two are alone, then it simply means that he likes you because there is no one to show off to.

People treat others differently when there is an audience, what really matters is when you two are alone.

• hey it depends wether he is serious abt you ? but if you lyk him den you should talk 2 him abt this

• i would say that he likes you try and find a way to let him know that you like him.

• From I read, I think that he does like you, as other people have mentioned. When he says "you're his girl" to you in front of other people, he sounds like he is interested in you. Saying it like that, he wanted that girl to become aware that he liked you.

• he seems possessive of you like you're going out if he says you're his girl. he certainly likes you, especially if he's not seeing other girls. you really just need to talk to him about where he thinks you two stand. it doesn't have to be complicated, just clarify and get it out in the open.

• Hum so he's not a player, when you say my girl especially in front of other people you are usually trying to be cool, a player. But sometimes it means that he is really into you and really likes you. I would go with he really likes you show him that he is your man and see what happens. best of luck :)

• Good question. sadly that can be read in two ways.

1) He likes you but, you aren't dating currently.

2) He's just really good friends with you.

Communication it's a bitch, I know, it's sent countries to war, just from mis understanding.

If you wanna find out What he ment, ask him. There no harm in doing so. I'm sure he won't bite.

Good Communication is key in a relationship, nor matter what kind.

Hope this helps

-Deathecutioner

• Definitely likes you. I myself did this with a girl I liked to send the sign to her that I liked the idea that we were (or could be) something more than just a friend... and it all worked out. Hope this works out well for you :)

• As a lot of the girls and guys said on here it seems that he likes you and is using that opportunity to tell you. Also about the girl that asked in the first place can be interested in him but he might not be interested in her. So he could also have used the opportunity to get the girl to leave him alone if he doesn't like her but he can be a victim of his own success and cause the girl to like him more. Girls hate to not be able to catch a guy that she is interested in. So basically you could have been his defense against the other chica, girls do the same thing by bringing a guy friend with them and saying that they are going out. It's a play that works out really well to get ride of an unwanted girl or guy. I call it the Pawn defense. That is my answer for the direct question at hand.

As for the updates from what I see it looks like he is a good guy or seems to be. If you guys are flirting and all, and you like him he is obviously showing interest in return to you as well. I direct that advice to the 3month updates as for the newer more recent post, well he might not be a player but if this was 3 months ago you have let a long time go by has he asked you out or have you asked him out. If not and the interest is still there. Get it while the getting is good, hopefully he hasn't lost interest and everything is still good.

And lastly although he hangs with a lot of girls he might just like to be around a lot of chica's to put up that look like he is a play but if you say he isn't that's your own judgement of his character.

• Hmm...well there isn't much else to think about now. If everything is still good you dig each other just go for it ask him or if you don't like to try to indirectly suggest that your ready. Has he said anything about going out with you?

• The girl that asked him that question does not like him I know that, and he still acts the same way with me even though it was long ago..

• Show More