Classical Music? Does it really help with Studying?

I'm making a station on Pandora that I can listen to while studying for a test.

Does Classical music really help with studying or is that just a myth?

Does anyone have any personal experience that classical music has helped them ?

If not, what music do you typically listen to while studying or doing homework for a college class?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 4

• I think it helps just case it calming

• For me personally, it's instrumental music in general, not just classical. I sometimes listen to instrumental post-rock (Explosions in the Sky is a popular example) when I'm studying or doing homework and I've found that it helps a lot, but it might just be me. Some people don't get the same effect out of it.

• For me, I love classical music. I love it, because it's my favorite genre of music, and I like to play it on the piano as well. The thing about classical music is the rhythm of the music with it's specific instruments, mostly the strings and the piano, with the combination of tempos, arpeggios, measures, and speed, is that it forms complex sounds that helps stimulate the brain as it listens to these different types of variations, thus helping to make you and the brain cooperate with the complexion of studying ;).

• Selected as most helpful

I prefer jazz, especially when I write, but classical works too.

I play a lot of Horace Silver, Stan Getz, Miles Davis.

• I listen to Ambient music while studying.

• I don't think so, a refreshing nights' sleep and lack of ANY tension seem to help way better than any sort of music.. classical music isn't magical - it's just.. old, so myths surround it

• I think in most cases it is vocal-less music which helps me. I listen to classical piano and jazz mostly