A Woman and her "Intuition"

They say a woman knows things because of her "womans' intuition". If they do "know" things, why do they have such a hard time figuring guys out?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• its sorta like saying moms know everything...which my mom almost always knows everything and anything about me or things that go on in my home/family without anyone telling her. My friends are the same way with their moms too. Moms know when their baby is hungry or tired or has to poop etc, they just know everything about their kids. I think women have more ability to recognize emotions/facial gestures and just know when something is wrong or right because they're emotional people themselves, they like to put patterns together and make charts of everything to figure things out. Men on the other hand are less emotional and are good at hiding emotions, and are more straight forward and simple, like to get the job done easily and just get their point across. Women are more complex than that, and I even read an article once in the new york times, where studies show that women can multitask (not just doing things/actions, but thinking about other things like 4 at a time, what her kids are up to, what she's gonna cook for dinner tonight, what her boyfriend/husband is doing how is he, about her past and memories, what she desires in life, etc) multitasking, more than men, because they think, feel, and do at the same time using logic and heart...its wierd...as opposed to men who like to focus at one thing at a time and stay away from emotions, and just like to use their brain for everything. So may be this is all why women have that 'intuition' its the ability to form patterns, read gestures, be a genius in emotions, and just reveal that 'mom' inside of us...

What Girls Said 18

• Most of the time women will over look things that are red flag's, simply because they are hoping they are wrong... But in the end, they always wish they had listened to their gut, because the gut is always right...

• sometimes I have that butthen I'm always hoping to be wrong but it nevere works so I always end up getting hurt.

• I think men and women are parallel in intuition. Like all other human attributes except sexual function we have pretty much the same capacity or ways of compensating when w lack inherent capacity. . some understand it some don't some heed it some don't. but like other things presumption stereotype bias and preconceived notions color the cultural exception. what I find really interesting to is guys are getting p*ssed at the suggestion that women claim intuitive power based on genitalia. which I think is a healthy response because its all b.s./ BUT if you say men are more rational then women , guys pore in by the dozens to cite rediculous proofs and examples that are personal opinions to prove how men are indeed more rational than women.

See what bothers me is the lack of respect for proper argument. No true support for claims made. like most of the answers here. Its funny too, women managed to insult themselves while responding t a so called strong trait ' they have. These answers are insulting and obnoxious self refuting . sad.

Not to mention a definition of intuition would be useful because feelings and emotions get crossed over a lot in arguments. & here FEELING . INSTINCT. EMOTIN all seem to be used interchangeably but are different categorically.

• Guys are easy to figure out in my opinion, that's why they're so easy to play with. I don't mean just guys though, if you know how peoople work, it's really easy to figure out both genders.

• lol, good question. maybe women just pay more attention which in small doses lends the feeling of a gift but in excess is bewildering.

• Because sometimes us girls go about dissecting every single thing a guy says and does so we get lost, and lose sight of our common sense. Which is all that is required to figure men out.

• Because we like to feel in control. We can't just let things take their natural course, we feel the need to create the greatest most perfect relationship, and can't accept that not everyones worth that.

• :) mm Can I ask then why do you do it- if you recognize it is unecessary & you know it screws up your thinking why would you continue t do that ?

maybe guys purposefully act ambiguously- why would someone want to dissect 'nothing'

hint: no one does anything for no reason.

• because they want to believe that their guy isn't the bad guy or guilty as he is. so they keep trying or turn their cheek (if they suspect foul play). this is based on someone you usually know .. like they have certain characteristics or patterns.. it's not necessarily intuition when you first meet someone.. you'd have to be clairvoyant at that point.

• Some women make excuses for guys and go against their better judgment.

Some of us have never learned or been taught to listen to their intuition, or they just brush it off.

Some women are idealistic to a fault, and see what they want to see.

But even with intuition, sometimes we STILL can't figure out why you do certain things lol. Like intuition might let you know your man might be cheating, but it won't give you insight on his reasoning and why he does the things he does. We just speak different languages for the most part.

• It could be, but it most likely is not

• Is there another possibility that the guy could just be a cheat and just habitually cheat on all his girlfriends? Are you saying it's always the partner's fault?

• Two main reasons for cheating:

Something has driven him so badly to the point where though he wants to keep the relationship he also feels he can have another at the same time, one of my favorite songs... "sad..but true"

The sex is better

• because we're always second guessing ourselves because we want to believe the best of the guy

• because sometimes our intuition tells us what we don't want to hear so we ask people until they give us an answer we like

• Women don't listen to their gut instinct (intuition) because we're far more emotional than guys, so we tend to let emotions cloud judgment.

Example - when a relationship ends, girls act bewildered about it. There were red flags all along. Hell, you see red flags in situations girls here talk about all the time.

They don't pay attention to them because, a) media and things like women's magazines have perpetuated this myth that there's more reasons behind why a guy behaves like a douche, when in reality, he's a douche. But hey, the magazine must be right, so they put up with more of this behavior than they should.

b) they see the red flags but want things to work out and just deal because they think if they stick around, things will change. It's the emotional side kicking in. But emotions make everyone do stupid things, really.

So instead of listening to media/magazines/whoever and their misguided bs about how men really work, women should really listen to their gut instinct, aka intuition. Majority of the time, it's right.

• yes, sometimes we have a certain feeling about a situation or a person, but if it's bad then we may ignore it because we don't want things to end up that way - in the past, even if my intuition told me a guy was a player, I still tried to "see the best in him" and told myself oh, no, he really does like me...

honestly I think most women already know but we don't want to face the truth so we say that we "can't figure him out" make sense?

• Yes, we have an 'intuition' but we can't read minds you know.

• Exactly . like we could sense a guy is lying or worried or sad or mad but we don't now why how or what he THINKING. JUST THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG.

sorry. caps lock. - accident- deal ^^

• No guy is the same.

Same thing with women.

If you try to use one simple method on every girl it won't work every time unless your going after the same type of women.

if you master one man and then go to the next you still won't know sh*t about him. unless its sex...thaaaaats not as tricky.

• Because some guys are way too confusing. It might seem that teasing, flirting, slight touching, smiling, would be signs from a guy who likes a girl. I used to think so too, and fell for a guy who did this to me. But he does not see me anymore as a friend. Maybe I am just unlucky and always meeting the wrong kind of guys. But that being the case, I have decided that I won't draw conclusions unless he actually say that he likes me, because there is just no point trying to figuring him out and then getting it wrong.

• We do have intuition, but sometimes we don't want to believe what we know is true... Like if I really like you, I might subconsciously know you don't like me, but I don't want to believe it.

• I certainly feel like I have a degree of intuition about things - for example, if a guy likes me, I'll generally be able to tell even if I don't see much of him, and I'll stay far away from people I get bad vibes from. The problem is that I can't tell why things are happening, just that they are. A lot of women (and men, as evidenced from this site) will want to know exactly what the other person is thinking and what their intentions are, but you really can't judge that except by talking to the person and hoping they're honest with you.

• I agree. you can feel a lot of things but it doesn't come with instructions :)

• because we think guys over analyze everything and cover up just like we do but that's not true...some women haven't figured out guys won't change, are simple and to the point. Also I think women have a stronger intuition then men but refuse to listen to their instincts. I think we all know the truth when figuring someone out at some point but we refuse to accept it...and then we confuse ourselves even more. haha

What Guys Said 10

• "Woman's intuition" is BS.

Women in general just have better social skills, that's all.

• female intuition is bullsh!t.

it's an excuse that (some) women use to justify erratic, irrational, infantile behavior.

• personally I think that the two genders are so alike and when were with someone we see jsut how a like we are and if we don't like what we see we just throw crap on the other sex to make ourselves feel better because that the only way we can get a sense of individuality, its kinda lame I think

• because it's bullsh*t-they look at guys body parts just the same as men do. they endlessly fall for guys who will treat them like dirt and ignore the ones who would worship them.

• Women are very intuitive because it is driven by their emotions. Acting on emotions is trouble and girls know this, well most do anyways ;).

Some "trust their gut" and some just let it ride, it's a gamble for them. On one hand they think they should act on it so they don't come off as a push over. Yet they don't want to come off as a crazy girl, and go off of their gut with no real proof of what they think is true.

• Here's what happened in a recent study:

Male and female test subjects were given a written test that consisted of descriptions of people's behavior,followed by questions about the emotional mechanisms behind those behaviors. The results were tallyed up, and the men and women scored: the same!

The authors of the study had all thought that the women would do better because our society has this preconception that women are better at reading emotions. A female member of the scientific team then had an idea. So they brought in a new batch of test subjects, gave them the same test, but this time they added a little introduction at the top saying that this was a test of "emotional intuition." Something that women pride themselves on as being better at than men. This time the women took longer to answer the questions, spending more time thinking, and scored higher than the men. The scores were now what everyone had expected.

Then a male member of the team had an idea. Sure women pride themselves on being intuitive about emotions, but men are motivated by more concrete rewards. So they brought in a third group of subjects, the test had the same introduction as before, but now there was a second introduction. It said that if you do well at intuiting the emotions behind the questions, you could earn yourself $20. The results came in from the third batch and, the men and women again scored the same.

Final conclusion: men and women have equal facility for reading other people's emotions. Women will work harder at it and be more accurate when they have their reputation to sustain. Men will work harder and be more accurate when there's money to be made.

• Or because men are told they suck at it & its not manly. women are told they suck at everything else & its womanly . I agree with what you said except you have a far more positive impression than I lol

• Women are natural at picking up social cues. A person body language, vocal tonality and expression. They can see if its fake or not. They are hard wired for this and they cannot teach it. Women can speak to women with out uttering a word. Men can learn it, but it not natural like women. I don't think its perfect but it helps weed out the chumps.

So first impression is important and speaking about how cool you are is not important as how cool you act. So being confident / cool / unshakable for men is crucial.

• "women's intuition" is one of the biggest bull sh*t I have ever heard...

Did you know actually studies have proved men are actually better at catching a cheat than women...

However woman are better at hiding it though ie doesn't come home smelling of women's perfume..

However women are way wayy better at dealing with social situations than men i.e man mostly talk on a superficial level whereas women talk on a deeper level.

• Co-sign on this as a huge load-chicks are as superficial as men without a doubt.

• It's not that woman are wiser or know more, it is that they are more dishonest than men... which is why you will never know what they really want... until it's too late, and they have you by the balls financially, and there's no way out except to kill her.

• "Women's intuition" is pure presumption by a woman combined with the cultural belief that women are wiser than men.