How come Russian men are so much tougher/manlier than guys from other countries?
99 percent of Russian men are so bad ass. they make American men look like little pussies. why is that? is it the way they were raised or what? how...
Most Helpful Girl
because russia is still a wild fairly uncivilized place where it's tough to live..you're very likely to get robbed/kicked at any intersection. You also learn about how "crap" life is early: here's an example of a playground : link
Here's another example of something you gotta know how to deal with link
What Girls Said 5
"little pussies" LOLLLLLLLLLLL
I trained them and I`m a good disciplinarian so that's why they are so tough.
i don't know whyy but its true they do look tougher one is I think because of ther accent and I think they were raised to be tough
What are you talking about?!? This question is a huge generalization.
You said ''they are more agressive...superior street fighters'', guess what, MANY men from my country (Brazil) are awesome fighters, and known all over the world, and I know MANY brazilians guys who are not manly at all...you can't judge people based on their nationality...
Oh, and by the way, the tough and manly men stereotype that I know is about german men, not russian men.
Once again, I don't agree with any stereotype, it exists for one reason, I know...but every individual is different.
99% LOOOOOOOOOOOL check your facts hun :). there's a variety of shapes and sizes whatever country you go to. Russia is a little old fashioned though, in reguards to gender roles so you're more likely to see more 'manly' men in Russia than in some other places purely and simply because of these traditional gender role. though in saying that, my family is from the Ukraine, which holds a lot of similarities to Russia, and my male family members born in Australia are still quite 'manly' or 'bad ass' both in physical appearance and character in spite of being born and raised with Australian values as opposed to Ukrainian
What Guys Said 10
In Soviet Russia, man hunt you.
Since I'm a Russian myself (boom, big suprise!):
Actually I don't see how we're more tough or badass than any other nation's men out there. Surely we have many differences in our mentality when you compare us to western nations, but not in being tough or something (majority of my American friends find us way more cold blooded and cool headed in extreme situations, hatred towards political correctness and less whining when it comes down to bad service, i.e. we won't sue McDonalds for coffee being too hot).
However, there are some things that may have affect on young guys:
* Army. Unlike in many countries, males in here are summoned to the army for 2 years, do they like it or not, usually at age of 18. Those who are summoned aren't getting paid or something, they are just being trained for "just in case". And don't expect any good attitude in there towards your person: you're on your own once you get in there.
* Europeans often consider methods of raising young boys brutal and ruthless.
* I known a few guys who had to start learning martial arts at very, very young age just to protect their mothers from alcoholic fathers.
* Poor and/or cold parts of Russia. Russia is nearly 2 times bigger than USA ( link ), so obviously it's impossible to make a good life for everyone. Survival is a problem in those areas and it has pretty strong influence over personality, especially when you're a child.
* Russia still didn't recovered completely from fall of USSR, thus life ain't that simple even in big cities. So when your parents at age of 7 explain to you that you can't rely on anyone in this world but yourself, it also has an effect on you.
Because they trained in the gulags
And this is why Ivan Drago from Rocky 4 is my inspiration, minus the 'roids.
It is a well known fact that living in a sh*thole makes people tougher. If that is something you want to be proud of, then go right ahead I won't steal your thunder.
Lots of Americans are pussies, I'll give you that.
Dude, I'm from Afghanistan. Do you think that Russian guys are much tougher than us. I agree with you that American guys are pussies.lol
Click "Show More" for your mentions