So should I tell my boyfriend now or wait till holidays?

Imma keep this as short as possible since I don't usually ask qs like this... I have a boyfriend of almost 2 years but bout a month ago I started losing those feelings of love and sorta began to c him as a brother. Anyways I met this guy recently... Omg he's amazing:/ like he fits personalities with me so well and I like him ALOT. My boyfriend still feels I have feelings for him and he knows nothing bout this other guy. This other dude likes me btw. Before anyone judges me iv had no control over how iv felt and I do feel messed up yet I do feel that I should move on into a new relationship with this person. I would tell my 'bf' but wer halfway theu semester and I don't want him to get distracted if I break the news now, yet if I wait it out that's not good either:( all that I'm sure of is that I want to be done with it but I'm really afraid:( I hate hurting people but my heart is in another place now and I can't lead him on like this:/ I am 100% sure bout the new guy and that... Show More

Thank you everyone:) and why did they change my question lol
hey everyone, just thought id let you know that I broke it off last night and iv moved on... thank you for your advice=]

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not judging you. I understand. It doesn't sound like you cheated, yet, anyway, which is also good. Plus, you're right, you can't help how you feel. Emotions are not something you can control. Nobody can. We can only control what we do with them.

I don't think you have any choice in this matter, though. I think you need to tell your boyfriend now, and I think you need to break his heart. Holding out is not fair to either of you, and stringing him along is only going to make things worse for you, and god only knows what will happen in the meantime. Plus, it really doesn't matter when you tell him, he's going to be devastated, and there is no convenient time to break up with anybody. None. There's always something going on. Always a holiday, or a job or work, or something close by in the near future. Somethings always happening.

All in all, there is no good time to do this, and this is not a situation that will get better. So, unfortunately all you can do now is just treat this like ripping off a bandage. Do it quick and hard, so the pain isn't prolonged or dragged out. It will actually do him a kindness. Plus it would be better for you.

So just tell him now. It's better for all of you.

• Thanks so much you made me feel less hatred towards myself.. I hate breaking up tho iv never done it before:(

It is unfair and id rather do it sooner than later. I haven't gone official with the other guy, hell no but I know I love him:/

Guess I should face the inevitable.. It sucks. Thanks man for not judging me as well

• Show Older
    • The opposite. I give answers anonymously, and go public later.

• Gahhh I swear that's what I meant then I came out retarded in writing haha, my bad:/