How do you break up with your crazy boyfriend?

I have tried to break up with my boyfriend 4 times since last May. But he goes completely berserk. And scary. (the worst things he did is grab my arm really hard, or not let me leave like lock me in his car until I say I'll give him another chance. So he hasn't really hurt me seriously. But he just doesn't take no for an answer. Like he will try to climb in window at 3 a. M. At night to make me give him another chance. Or he will wait outside in the cold all night to make me feel bad. Because he knows I'm that type of person that will say yes after)We live close. And go to the same college. So I don't know what to do! I love him still. Because he's my first everything. But I know that in the long run he is bad for me. Because he always lies to me. Help!

Thank you for your insight! Edward3455! Told him all you've said before. Mainly If you love me then you would let me go, and you'll be happy if I'm happy. But he always says " I know you'll be happy in the long run with me and only me your just stress.
Also, he always me expensive gifts but I always try to make him return them.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Dam Mii-Mii! This guy really really really loves you! Since he lies to you, how can you trust him? How can you build a relationship with him? How can you not have that bad feeling that he's lying to you? In general, if you can't trust someone, most likely you won't hangout with that person much. You need to tell him that what we had was wonderful, and I will always love you. But I want to break up. I've given you many chances and you have hurt me badly. If you want me to be happy then you would let me go. For all the things that we have been through, just please let me go. There isn't a thing that you could change about yourself or say for us to remain as a couple. We can however remain as friends, not friends with benefits, but just someone to talk to you.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him that I have been happy with you and your not the only one that can make me happy. It's time for you to move on. You can't buy my love with expensive gifts. There are other women out there for you, I'm not the only one. I can't give you what you want from me. So just please move on, we can be just be friends with no benefits still or we can be neither. You choose!

What Girls Said 3

• Wow Mii-Mii. I work in law enforcement and hear about situations such as yours all the time. From my point of view, it seems like you have a completely unstable and dangerous boyfriend. I understand that you may still love him, but for your own safety and sanity it sounds like you need to finally let him go once and for all. If you keep going back to him time after time he will see how to manipulate you more and more. Just like when he locked you in his car; he LITERALLY took you as a hostage and got what he wanted out of you. You do know that was illegal? Situations like this sometimes (and more often that not) end up in severe abuse cases or incidents that resemble the movie "Fatal Attraction". Do yourself a favor and make your exit from the relationship as soon as possible! If it comes down to it, a protective order or a restraining order may be your best options. I know it sounds harsh, but for your own safety it may be what is necessary!

• If you really want to break up with this guy, and stop receiving his expensive gifts..The other question you asked. Then you need to sit him down with another person for protection and tell him. Get a restraining order if he touches you or climbs in your window. So what if he sits in the cold all night. Its a break up and he needs to learn that he can't have everything he wants if he uses force and stupidity. But, giving into him every time is not going to do anything but let him think by his actions, he can bully you. Call the police if he touches you again and tell your Parents. He sounds a little nuts. Keep the dog though..lol He is cute if that is him in the picture.

• Honey, sounds like you have a pyscho on your hands. You sound like, you are only staying with him because he scares you. Do you have any brothers or even your dad, or maybe just a guy friend who might talk to this guy? Just have them put a scare back into him-telling him to leave you alone. If that doesn't work, keep a journal or some kind of recording of the things he says or does to you and then go to the police and get some kind of restraining order against him. No matter what you choose to do, you need to something and fast, before this guy gets anymore physical with you. Good luck.