Boyfriend Didn't Get Me Anything For My Birthday,Not Even A Card

I may sound selfish but I'm a little hurt that my boyfriend didn't get me something for my birthday.He remembered and said he was broke however even if he were to at least get a card I would be happy,but I got no card or present.Am I being selfish here?We have been going out for 7 months..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If he was entirely broke than he could at least fixed you up a nice dinner, and maybe a full body massage. Did he at least do that? If not, he sounds like a cheapskate. Money should never be that much an issue, but EFFORT is another thing altogether.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah...How old is this guy? I would be saying what a douche bag. On the other hand if he is kinda young it could be that he just didn't think of just making you something small or doing something like what the other girls here said. So I would talk to him first and go from there.

• He is 22

• Show Older
    • I agree

• Did you let him know how it hurt him not doing anything for you? What was his reaction if you did?

• I would be ticked to and I'm sure my girlfriend would pitch a fit if I did what he did. He could of got you something, or made you something. even if it looks like crap, its the effort that counts

• I don't think your being selfish at all there are plenty of things that guys can do weather it being he makes you a card even to use the excuse that its because he is broke is probally just becase he really didn't care and was busy doing somthing else and he is just making exuses so he don't feel bad about it

What Girls Said 5

• I don't blame you at all. I would be hurt too. It's the thought that counts wether it's a picnic in the country, camping, watching stars, going on a hike...I know what you mean. I would express your feelings to him and let him know that even the smallest thing means the world.

• I don't think you are being selfish, I would be feeling hurt as well. It's up to you if you decide to accept that he was broke and that he couldn't get you a present or a card. Maybe you should talk to him about it and tell him that you are hurt even a card would have done. He probably didn't mean to hurt you but he must have known that your birthday was coming up so he could have put a little money aside?

• I felt the same way when my boyfriend of then 4 months did that too.
    To this day I'm not sure why he didn't, but I've brought it up before and he said he felt like an idiot and stupid for not doing anything.
    Maybe he just didn't know what to do or get you.
    Maybe he thought you didn't really care or want anything.
    But I know if you've been dating for 7 months that he cares for you, and that's all that should matter.

• I would have been hurt. At least make a card and pick some flowers! It's the thought that counts!

• Let see his reaction when you say you're broken on his b-day! JK. Well, he might be the type who doesn't give presents or don't expect presents from others on b-days? I dunno, one of my friends was like that. That's what she told me. But this is boyfriend thou, he should have done something for you on your b-day. Tell him that a card should be fine too. There are lots of cards that only cost $1. My gosh how broke can he be? He doesn't even have $1 to spend on you? HOW SAD!