My guide on being absolutely fabulous

As some of you might know, I am a lady who is strong and have grit. I walk the talk and I have sass. Therefore, I will give you my guide on being absolutely fabulous and self confident. Now it took me years and many tears to get where I am. I thank my parents, friends and God for giving me confidence. I mean, I just became extremely confident 3 years ago! I am turning 27 soon! So guys and girls, you will get there. However, I would like to share with you some pointers on maybe cutting that time in half.

This take is for both guys and girls.

My guide on being absolutely fabulous.

1) Stick to your guns

Never EVER let anyone attack your style or your personality. I am not saying that you shouldn’t be open to legitimate suggestions if you know in your heart of hearts that you need to listen to that suggestion. Let me give you an example. My style of clothes is not for the “common people”.

That means I like to have fun when I dress and I LOVE IT when people admire the beauty that is me. For example, I had one guy said to me that he doesn’t like my profile picture. Therefore, it is there forever now J. See what I did there? Another example is a fellow colleague of mine told me that she hated my fire engine red trench coat. I wore that coat for 2 muthaf***ing weeks and I ensure that I wear it once a week! Just to spite the bitch.

Also, when it comes to certain issues, I like to stick to what I believe in and like to exercise my right to free speech and girls couldn’t handle what I have to say because they are piss weak.

2) Learn how to throw shade

I suggest you watch Rupauls Drag Race. No one is as shady and as sassy as drag queens. Girls, maybe try and hang out with guys. There is no one shadier than them. Guys unknowingly have the BEST insults. Even the shy, quiet ones.

If you can get your hands on a gay guy, NEVER LET HIM GO. Hang out with him until he gets a restraining order. When I was in Highschool, it was Wear Whatever You Want Day. I am quite busy so I was wearing a top that I tended to go low. I jiggle when I walk so a bunch of girls were trying to get me down by humiliating me by saying: BOOBIES! BOOBIES! BOOOOOOBIEEEEES! Really loud. I turned around and retoreded “At least I have some” with this face.

The whole school went so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

3) Never EVER let someone see you cry or get upset.

If you have to cry, go outside or do it when you go home. I understand that sometimes emotions well up but try with all your might to control it. When I need to cry, I normally think of happy thoughts in front of the person. Then I discreetly and swiftly make my way outside to have a tear or two. Then I make calm down and make up my face. You can grieve later. I find this reaction always works.

4) Beautiful clothes and makeup will help a little

I hate to be one of those bitches that tell you what you should and shouldn’t wear. But I believe that taking a little extra time to make yourself awesome looking helps. Personally, I always, ALWAYS incorporate a bit of bling to whatever I am wearing to zhuszh up my look. I always struts and hold my head up high as well. You will never see me looking like other people with their noses in their phones. You attitude will AUTOMATICALLY be about 80% more confident when you wear something cute.

5) Never be intimidated by anything

Now this takes a bit of practice. There will be many obstacles that life will throw at you that will make you want to pee your pants. Such as a job interview, asking that guy/girl out, getting an A on a really hard exam. Whatever it is, see it as a personal challenge and take that bull by the horns. If you fail, do better next time. If you pass, the pride you will have is more strong than any drug.

6) Wear your heart on your sleeve

And be strong. Never let any shut you up. You have your opinions, you stick to it and I always like to tell the truth. I cut to the chase because I find that it is my way of helping people. It might not be the best way but that is just me. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

7) Do the best in everything that you do. Never be half arsed.

I cannot stand half arsed people. I do everything with all my heart and soul because I want people to see that I am not only a pretty face. I work damn hard at my work place, in terms of keeping house and generally anything that I get my hands on. Being the girl that does everything shitty is the worst insult ever.

8) Accept rejection and find someone better

I see girls and guys crying in GAG and wondering why that person doesn’t like them. WHO THE HELL CARES!! I have had my fair share of rejections in which I have driven home completely deflated. Then I flipped my hair, became my fabulous self again and did this.

9) Update yourself

Update your look, get a new haircut, get a new lipstick, get a new outfit/suit, get a degree or certificate. Do something worthwhile that will earn you confidence and/or moolah!

10) Have a thick skin

You need to welcome constructive criticism with open arms and apply it to your life. Only if the criticism is legitimately constructive and not because some jealous person wants to live your life.

11) Have a bit of sass

Be sassy. Tell the truth and have fun with your life and have fun with your attitude. Learn new facial features that pisses off horrible people and make you feel awesome. I would again watch Rupauls drag race and real housewives to learn some sass.

12) Try to be different than others

I find everyone to be a huge bore and similar to everyone. Therefore, everywhere I go, and every day, I get people looking at me. I love the attention. Not going to lie. I dress different, I act different, I try to have different interests. It makes you have awesome conversations with people and they will think you are amazingly cool. Never EVER blend into the crowd. That is personal suicide.

So there you have it. Stay beautiful, stay sassy, stay fabulous and stay classy.

I hope you enjoyed my take.

If you didn’t...

Thank you for your time!!

2218
Starfishlover is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• Wonderful.

• having your heart on your sleeve requires a lot of courage. You can't expect everyone to just do that because they think it's a good idea.

Sure, it IS a good idea, but it takes time to build up the moxie to do that.

Most of the rest of what you recommend overlooks the time it takes to develop the CONFIDENCE to carry themselves with sass, to always give their best, and so forth.

• Now I can agree with most of your points made, except for 1 and 3.

1: You honestly sound like an ass here. Someone criticizes you and then you turn around and smack them in the face for it. That's not being strong, that's being allergic to criticism. It's the kind of 'eye-for-an-eye' reasoning that can backfire immensely. Wearing a coat more because someone disliked it may boost your ego, but that's the whole problem. You seem to have too much ego and too little self-reflection.

3: What's the problem with crying in front of others exactly? You're just hiding your real emotions to come off as a tough-ass-bitch, and I don't think there's a need for that at all. You probably build up a reputation and are afraid to lose it. Being a hard-ass isn't all it's cracked up to be once you realize this. Someone can be strong with a few cracks here and there. And oh boy, we all have cracks and I don't even mean the one below your back!

That's about it, really.

• Let me get something straight, here. I am extremely intelligent to know what is constructive criticism (which I take whole heartedly and learn from them and improve myself. Secondly, why should I leave something because someone hates it? You are wrong. This is extreme weakness and where I come from, it would make someone think that you are easy to manipulate.

With number 3, I didn't say there is anything wrong with crying in front of someone. I like being tough. I am not a bitch. I just like to save face in front of someone. People are cruel you know. They will relish in seeing you hurt. Why should you give them the pleasure?
      Thank you for your feedback though.

• You don't need to 'show them what you're made off' just because they dislike your coat. That's all I'm saying, really. And as I've said before, most of your other points are pretty excellent.

• Also, where are you from? Maybe the culture where you live is simply entirely different than where I live, and not acting tough can break you over there. Not here, at least.

• This was fookin' entertainin'!

• Just watch Absolutely Fabulous. It has Joana Lumley in it, and no one's more fabulous than her.
    images.amcnetworks.com/.../...how_thumb_04_web.jpg

• you are fabulous :)

• Like it generally, just one thing though:
    There's a difference between being your own confident person, and being an ass.

• Take a number

• I wouldn't be serving people who think I am an ass. My register would be CLOSED!!

• Didn't say you were an ass ;D
      Just said people should watch out for the line between fabulousness and assery hahaha

• Girls like assholes?

Girls are assholes!

• oh so men can't be fabulous? Darling you need to wake up and see that ken nowadays can be just as fabulous as you girls. alright? talk ya later sweethearts <<3

• Sounds like a guide to be an arrogant asshole.
    ...
    I love it.

• Awesome take :D

• I like your style! Very informational!

• whats that bs? a bunch of shallow insecure bimbo stuff... .

• You mad? Honey I think the only person that is insecure is you.

• well judging from the use of nicki minaj as inspiration and other emetic pictures like barbie dolls etc, its easy to tell how far you go intelligence and quality wise... .

• I am no fan of nicki minaj nor barbie. LOL I just used them to make my take pretty!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

• I stick to my guns while accepting criticism while wearing tight jeans and crying on the toilet.

• Wow I enjoyed reading that. Also you carry a lot of wisdom and should be proud of been different. I find your personalty very attractive even thou I Dont agree with everything that said but love your work and your unique style and beauty. From your Secret Admirer.

What Girls Said 21

• I love this.
    I feel like in today's society women (and men, too) are expected to hate themselves just a little bit. It's totally the norm for a girl to lack confidence and feel unsure about herself. It comes as a shock, or even arrogance when a girl really loves herself and is comfortable in her own skin.
    I fake it 'til I make it. I'm probably one of the most insecure people in the world, but I'll never let anyone know that. The way I walk, talk and dress, some will think I'm a self absorbed bitch haha but I don't call it that. I think that this Take is exactly how all of us women and men should be. We need to realize that jealousy only comes from people who want something that we have, and our flaws are what set us apart and make us fabulously unique.
    Fabulous myTake!

• I think we're similar in personality. I've become quite sassy over the past couple of years and being as you described honestly feels great. People mess with you less and you learn to realise what's actually important in life. Being that strong minded, no shit type of girl is what I like to be! It's also great in the dating game, guys tend to respect you more.
    Great take! :)

• I loved reading this, only thing I slightly disagree on is wearing your heart on your sleeve. Other than that, wicked advice 👍 #staysassy

• I love this take, but I already know how fabulous I am and if anyone disagrees with me, they could just fuck off

• I don't agree with not letting yourself get visibly upset or cry. It iperfectly normal to be upset and cry sometimes. We all get sad and nobody should be ashamed of that. It juost means you are a human. And person who shares more about her/his feelings is much more interesting to be around than a sass queen who just wants to be fabulous and say "fuck you" to everyone who even slightly disagrees.

Even though I like other parts of this take, since having confidence is great and being true to yourself is the best you can do.

• I was born fabulous 💁🏽

Doing it right, yes? Lol I love this take!

• Awesome take

• This Is Just whhat i needed, thank You ❤

• This is amazing! 👏👏✊👌😄
    Props to you girl!

• I love this. You ARE fabulous.
    This is so me. XD

• a girl after my own heart.. you sound like my long lost twin sister

• you are my new favorite person

• i love this take!!!

• I'm turning 27 pretty soon too and oh yeah you need how to walk on the runway.
    Thanks for sharing, always good improve.

I'm thrilled I'm turning 27, something is telling me that they are going to be great.

• I don't see anything wrong with crying in front of people sometimes. when you're hiding it all the time it's like habitually closing off people from the real you.

• But I want people to see me strong

• It doesn't make you less strong. Showing some vulnerability often draws people closer. Of course, I wouldn't do this at work, but it's okay to show it once in a while.

• Awesome take! For no.3, few of my best friends saw me cried lol we were in the middle of a talk and things got emotional and we weren't allowed to exit the room. Ended up many cried as well.

• Haha I loved this, thank you :) I'll be sure to remember your tips and hopefully become just as fabulous as you

by the way I have a job interview soon and am super nervous! Take the bull by the horn right?

• Take the bull by the horn. Normally in job intereviews, only 20% is what you say. But they need to see how confident you are. So you need to study, calm down, go there and act confident. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how it goes :) x

• "Normally in job intereviews, only 20% is what you say" This is a myth that is hard to eradicate. But I agree that you should appear confident and above all should know what you want and don't want. But, make sure that confidence doesn't turn into arrogance, because that's a major turn-off for pretty much anyone you interact with.

• @Remonster. Thank you. Yes, I am extremely hypervigilant in not crossing into the arrogance line.

• Love it :) :)

• More from Girls
    1