The #CharlieCharlieChallenge Is Breaking The Internet

The Internet's latest fad has arrived in the form of Mexican Demon summoning. Yes, you read that right. The #CharlieCharlieChallenge is being called a cross between "Bloody Mary" and Ouija and it involves summoning a Demon named Charlie.

To "summon" him you take a piece of paper and draw one horizontal line and one vertical line that meet in the middle. Then put "YES" on two opposing sides and a "NO" on the other two. Finally, place two pencils across the middle of the drawing so that one is balanced on top of the other and it can spin.

Finally, ask out loud, "Charlie, Charlie, are you there?" or "Charlie, Charlie, can we play?" and the top pencil will probably move at some point because of how it's placed. However, some players think it's a sign that "Charlie" is in the room and ready to play.

There are those urging others not to do it:

Those who refuse to do it:

Some made up their own version:

And of course those who want to try it for themselves:

What are your thoughts on this creepy challenge?

gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 49

• Superstition combined with paranoia.
    Seriously, if you believe something is going to happen, you'll look for signs of it. You'll see that shadow at the corner of your vision, that guy stalking in the distance... because your mind create them.

Besides, if it was legit, how the hell would this charlie be abe to haunt that many people at the same time? And he should be pretty damn tired of it now.

• Totally agree.

• sure, there are things we haven't figured out... but why the hell would spinning two pens, and doing a simple chant summon a demon?
      If he's that easy to summon, he would've broken free long ago. And if the summon is meant to keep him out of the world, why the hell make it so simple? I don't believe it's real

• Idiot kids. Marxism rammed down their throats in schools has already rotted their brains. Now I have to put up with demonic possession? It's nearly impossible to reason with demons. I've done it. They twist everything in weighted words, so you need to write whole volumes of encyclopedias just to deconstruct them fully.

They spread their madness around the world before a lone sane man can even get out of his chair. My one coworker is just a foaming at the mouth shy of rabies now. And she's poisoned her boyfriend too. I finally had to pull a Matthew 10:14-15 on them just to get away.

And now, kids are inviting such things on themselves with stupid games? Is it taboo to play Monopoly or Clue now? This is whole culture is FUBAR.

• Me. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, will I ever have a girlfriend?
    Pencils break, paper burns to ash and blows away in the wind...

• y'all need Jesus.

• Demons are fallen angels tat were expelled out of Heaven. Their entire existence is spent trying to fool you and get you to obey them, and finally spend eternity in Hell with them.

Do not play these foolish games. Do not endanger your soul.

• There are no demons, there are no angels. Both are dreamed up by humans who need comfort in their life that there is 'something more' out there. I don't really care if you're a believer, but please...

• There are no demons? You have searched the galaxies, the universe, the plains and other worlds, and you have not found any demons?

Please do not try and come against me with your narrow- minded beliefs. I have rebuked demons and come against them. I have heard them talk through people. I have felt them... And seen them leave people.

Don't dare tell me you know for a fact they do not exist.

• I have a life.

• Not sure what is sadder. People doing shit like this. Or the fact I took any time out of my day to read this stupid shit. ghosts aren't real people.

• Poor Charlie, weeks ago he was chilling wherever he is, now he's been called every 5 seconds... poor thing :(

Jokes aside, this is pure bullshit, of course the pencil is gonna move, the support is not enough to keep full balance, that's why it'll move one way. Just try this without the piece of paper and without saying anything about Charlie and you'll see how the pencil will move. I've been doing that since I was a kid in school -_-

• More proof, if any were needed, that the average person is a fucking moron.

• 1. I was hoping I would be able to summon charlie sheen.
    2. This game is a few years old so it's nothing new.
    3. Why is it a mexican demon. Because for some reason the Mexicans make everything seem spooky, watch. Hey play this charlie charlie game to see if you can summon a Nebraska demon. "Yawn." Hey play this charlie charlie game to see if you can summon a mexican demon. "Holy shit that sounds spooky!".
    4. And last of all, THIS GAME IS BULLSHIT!!! Even a slight breath can move the pencil becuase it's in an unnatural position.

• What the hell kind of demon name is Charlie? And his one "power" is to slightly move a pencil? He's like the town fool of demons. He exists solely as a joke for other demons to laugh at... Also yeah if anyone else was ever bored growing up and would stack two pencils or pens in their desk during class they'd know that they tend to slide around.

I feel like this is a phenomenon for people that literally never did the most basic crap growing up and are only now discovering what pencils do decades after everyone else already knew...

• I can't believe how many of you believe in demons. This game is none sense and you idiots need some science in your heads.

• I believe in demons but u r right, it's all about physics and gravity

• @Omar5881 There are no Demons. Don't worry.

• Lol in my religion there's demons but we can't contact them or see them like they got there worlds for them selves we don't know much about them but I believe in it lol, but did u see the reaction of the people in the last video LMAO the knocked me of laughing

• memeful.com/meme/R5KOgKw/Captain-Picard-Facepalm
    I just can't stand this bullshit

• This is some satanic shit man, stupid children are doing this not knowing what they are really doing. Leave the spirits be, you never know what can come out of it... don't do this crap... all i have to say

• Oh please. This stuff is such garbage. demons don't exist. The scariest thing on this planet continues to be us humans.

• You don't know that though.

• @ShaeNielson You can not base the reality of anything simply by believing in it.

• No, but if it can't be disproven, then you can't tell me I can't believe in it. @Noboddy

• im surprised when i read the comments to see how many GaG'ers are afraid of demons. Lets get real guys... his name is Charlie... how bad can he be?

• I can't believe that in our century people still believe in pencil signs.

• I did this and a hell dragon with 6 heads wreck the house, I kicked his ass but I have to spend my whole week end cleaning the mess. Kids don't do it, I don't know what they eat but they make shit that weight a ton, have fun shoveling that.

• Wow... Charlie just told me I'm going to win the lottery and go to Disney World. I guess I can just relax now and wait for it to happen:)

• I will bring Charlie, put him in a box and make him work hard to run my generator, no fuel required, and ghosts can't die so, yeah a 100% free electricity.

• More from Guys
    29

What Girls Said 60

• YOU'RE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH DEMONS?

http://i.imgur.com/6yc08ZC.gif?1

• I... I wouldn't fuck with that big momma either!

• I am more afraid of the lady in the meme coming out of a dark room in my house then some fake ass demon.

• The lady in that meme is badass, but she'll kick your ass if you disrespect. I love Monique! She's a great actress. @Noboddy

• you might wanna stay away from the ouiji board or anything related to it... you gonna open up doors you can't close and thats a fact. i known people who i tried to get to not play with witchcraft and they opened up doors in their homes and had to go find an indian guy to cross the house with sage.

• I knew people on GaG were fucking retards, but not to such an extent.

The level of gullible is over 9000!

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../facepalm.jpg

• 6|2
  • I just can't believe people over the age of 12 do this shit, I also can't believe people warning others not to do it because it's dangerous. The only danger is if I see you and stab you in the eye with a pencil for being such a fucktard.

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of... Smh.

• Mexican demon? Being called charlie?

This is so stupid and fake.

If it were the least bit real, the name would be "carlos" not charlie. Mexicans don`t go by charlie even by nick names. And calling him out in english? With a written paper also in english?, so lame.

If it were in Spanish, then it could be at least 1% believable... but not like this... or pehaps the demon went to English schoool right. Pathetic.

• lmao you got that off a site but true. I think the game is fake, but you're still trying to call on demons which can attract demons anyway.

• Off what site? I haven't seen any sites... it`s common sense! These are "my" thoughts, mexicans do not go by charlie. It`s dumb.

• if its a mexican!! why do they call it Charlie Charlie, it should be Called Carlos Carlos!! hummm
    www.facebook.com/.../852179324858116

• How to do the #CharlieCharliechallenge :

1. Get two pencils and paper
    2. Get out your bible and start copying down the word.

#JesusLovesYou

• This game IS dangerous ! ! I know people that started to see ghosts and nightmares After "playing " this " Game" Other people DIED or COMMITTED SUICIDE because they started hearing children Laughing When No one was there , Seeing ghosts , Seeing nightmares, etc ! And other were taken to the madhouse !!

U might say this isn't true ! But what if its true? Would U really wanna go through That JUST FOR A STUPID AND DANGEROUS "GAME" ? NO U really dont ! People Tried it and they got physically harmed ! Dont Play with spirits, Its not Cool ! by the way I never believed those things Until People told me what happened to them because of that "game" ... Dont do it !!!

• No, it's not dangerous it's a mind trick game the person who wants to play the game is the one that blows on the edge of the pencil to get it to move, but you're too distracted to see them doing that.

• They are people that I met so we started talking about that game and they said that after playing this game they started seeing things and some people died !

I just hope that YOU ARE RIGHT! coz if people start dying from games... Thats gonna be bad...

• I hope Im wrong about this opinion!

• It's stupid, it's common sense if you balance a pencil atop of another any kind of breeze is going to make it spin

• Common sense? From what I read in the comments and people in social media, I'm starting to think it should be called "uncommon sense" cause it seems we're just a few that know that it's pure physics what's causing the pencil to move, not any demon or spectral thing.

• Well yeah I guess a lot of people these days have been unsuccessful at obtaining the common sense gene

• What... what is this? Are we freaking out about the fact that a pencil isn't balanced totally on another pencil so it moves slightly?

• Human stupidity truly knows no bounds.

• When I saw the first video, I instantly knew this would be a new craze and within hours, there were more videos on my news feed!
    I think it's cool but it's a load of bull. It's just a change in the air or when the person talks, their breath slightly pushes it. It can be explained away quite easily.

• Hmmm I wouldn't do it. I heard of it a little before reading this, but you explained it completely.

All in all, I think it's just a fad. And I won't try it.

Also, like everyone else said, demons are supposed to be evil. So, why would I alert my presence to something evil?

• Because demons don't exist. Just like ghosts have never been proven as real and psychics always get debunked. Hey I don't like it either, but out world simply isn't magical in that way.

• I don't think demons or ghosts or gods are real either.

• OMG I'M DYING OVER HERE FROM LAUGHING! Oh these people are just to much. If demons are real what kind of demon would have such a silly lame name as charlie? XD Oh the stupidity of people is just to much my sides hurt from laughing so hard. *falls out of a chair from laughing*

• I don't understand how society can be so stupid as to mess with something they don't have any knowledge of because I sincerely doubt any practitioner of witchcraft, Satanism, or anyone educated in the field of the paranormal would be dumb enough to temp something much more powerful than they could understand possible. I don't even leave the house without some witchcraft on me to banish negative energy away from me, let alone participate in something like this

• it's dangerous. you shouldn't be summoning demons for fun. What if it stays in your home after the challenge or if it hurts you?

• I agree with you, it seems fun but is it really innocent?

• You can put it like that, but I believe in the scientific evidence of which there is none.

• It's not dangerous because its not real... all you do is blow on the pencil when its balanced and it moves...

• I kind of want to try it to see if it's real but, I won't. I don't like doing paranormal activities but, I do enjoy watching them. This world finds crazy things to do everyday and it trends.

• Better to be safe then sorry

• Meh, a "better to be safe than sorry" attitude perpetuates a non-scientific belief towards these things. Believe of course what you will, but demons, angels, ghosts and other supernatural phenomena simply have never been proven to exist. Our world is boring like that.

• I just love how the stupidest and weirdest things are the ones that gain popularity these days. I have no idea wtf is wrong with the world... smh

• More from Girls
    40