The #CharlieCharlieChallenge Is Breaking The Internet

The Internet's latest fad has arrived in the form of Mexican Demon summoning. Yes, you read that right. The #CharlieCharlieChallenge is being called a cross between "Bloody Mary" and Ouija and it involves summoning a Demon named Charlie.

To "summon" him you take a piece of paper and draw one horizontal line and one vertical line that meet in the middle. Then put "YES" on two opposing sides and a "NO" on the other two. Finally, place two pencils across the middle of the drawing so that one is balanced on top of the other and it can spin.

Finally, ask out loud, "Charlie, Charlie, are you there?" or "Charlie, Charlie, can we play?" and the top pencil will probably move at some point because of how it's placed. However, some players think it's a sign that "Charlie" is in the room and ready to play.

There are those urging others not to do it:

Those who refuse to do it:

Some made up their own version:

And of course those who want to try it for themselves:

What are your thoughts on this creepy challenge?

gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 49

• More proof, if any were needed, that the average person is a fucking moron.

• memeful.com/meme/R5KOgKw/Captain-Picard-Facepalm
    I just can't stand this bullshit

• Poor Charlie, weeks ago he was chilling wherever he is, now he's been called every 5 seconds... poor thing :(

Jokes aside, this is pure bullshit, of course the pencil is gonna move, the support is not enough to keep full balance, that's why it'll move one way. Just try this without the piece of paper and without saying anything about Charlie and you'll see how the pencil will move. I've been doing that since I was a kid in school -_-

• Look what world has come down to, poor kids believe anything that is put up on the Internet.

• I didn't know this was a thing. Maybe I'm not connected enough.

• you do know it is fake right?

• IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS THOUGH!

• What the hell kind of demon name is Charlie? And his one "power" is to slightly move a pencil? He's like the town fool of demons. He exists solely as a joke for other demons to laugh at... Also yeah if anyone else was ever bored growing up and would stack two pencils or pens in their desk during class they'd know that they tend to slide around.

I feel like this is a phenomenon for people that literally never did the most basic crap growing up and are only now discovering what pencils do decades after everyone else already knew...

• Who's Charlie?
    Does he own a chocolate factory

• This is stupid. I hate that the internet is used for shit like this.

• It doesn't even work.. I can't believe this shit blew up as much as it did..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey8CbG59sso

• Me. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, will I ever have a girlfriend?
    Pencils break, paper burns to ash and blows away in the wind...

• I can't believe that in our century people still believe in pencil signs.

• I've never believed those type of craps in my life.

• Wow... Charlie just told me I'm going to win the lottery and go to Disney World. I guess I can just relax now and wait for it to happen:)

• it is real and not. sometimes people do fake it by blowing the pencil but then again there are peoples houses that are actually haunted and the spirit does actually move the pencil. SO BE CAREFUL

• Not sure what is sadder. People doing shit like this. Or the fact I took any time out of my day to read this stupid shit. ghosts aren't real people.

• People, please dont fall for this. Its a stanic ritual. A population control experiment. They want to see how much of the population they can get to do what they want

• 1. I was hoping I would be able to summon charlie sheen.
    2. This game is a few years old so it's nothing new.
    3. Why is it a mexican demon. Because for some reason the Mexicans make everything seem spooky, watch. Hey play this charlie charlie game to see if you can summon a Nebraska demon. "Yawn." Hey play this charlie charlie game to see if you can summon a mexican demon. "Holy shit that sounds spooky!".
    4. And last of all, THIS GAME IS BULLSHIT!!! Even a slight breath can move the pencil becuase it's in an unnatural position.

• There is nothing creepy about this. One word: gravity.

• More from Guys
    29

What Girls Said 60

• I think everyone who calls foul on the challenge should do it themselves in there house in the dark with candle light. Better yet do it in a cemetery with flashlights.

• wait... who's Charlie anyways?

• When I saw the first video, I instantly knew this would be a new craze and within hours, there were more videos on my news feed!
    I think it's cool but it's a load of bull. It's just a change in the air or when the person talks, their breath slightly pushes it. It can be explained away quite easily.

• YOU'RE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH DEMONS?

http://i.imgur.com/6yc08ZC.gif?1

• I... I wouldn't fuck with that big momma either!

• I am more afraid of the lady in the meme coming out of a dark room in my house then some fake ass demon.

• The lady in that meme is badass, but she'll kick your ass if you disrespect. I love Monique! She's a great actress. @Noboddy

• OMG I'M DYING OVER HERE FROM LAUGHING! Oh these people are just to much. If demons are real what kind of demon would have such a silly lame name as charlie? XD Oh the stupidity of people is just to much my sides hurt from laughing so hard. *falls out of a chair from laughing*

• What... what is this? Are we freaking out about the fact that a pencil isn't balanced totally on another pencil so it moves slightly?

• I just think this is fake and all... I'm talking about the board game. Spirits are real but they can't kill actual people

• Who in their right mind wants to summon a demon?

• I just love how the stupidest and weirdest things are the ones that gain popularity these days. I have no idea wtf is wrong with the world... smh

• This game IS dangerous ! ! I know people that started to see ghosts and nightmares After "playing " this " Game" Other people DIED or COMMITTED SUICIDE because they started hearing children Laughing When No one was there , Seeing ghosts , Seeing nightmares, etc ! And other were taken to the madhouse !!

U might say this isn't true ! But what if its true? Would U really wanna go through That JUST FOR A STUPID AND DANGEROUS "GAME" ? NO U really dont ! People Tried it and they got physically harmed ! Dont Play with spirits, Its not Cool ! by the way I never believed those things Until People told me what happened to them because of that "game" ... Dont do it !!!

• No, it's not dangerous it's a mind trick game the person who wants to play the game is the one that blows on the edge of the pencil to get it to move, but you're too distracted to see them doing that.

• They are people that I met so we started talking about that game and they said that after playing this game they started seeing things and some people died !

I just hope that YOU ARE RIGHT! coz if people start dying from games... Thats gonna be bad...

• I hope Im wrong about this opinion!

• That's such a stupid game

• What kind of Mexican demon name is Charlie?

• As a ghost hunter native to Savannah GA, and as a proud Pagan, this is total BS. It's just a stupid kids game like "bloody mary", which you mentioned in your post. It's not anymore real than an Ouija or spirit board, which can be explained with this: www.rawstory.com/.../

Unless these crossed pencils are contained in such a manner that no air flow can reach them, and no naturally occurring ground vibrations can jostle them, it's impossible to rule out vibrations in the ground/table/counter top, or even your own nervous breaths making the pencils move.

If a pair of pencils could actually summon a demon, why would it emerge from a cross, which is believed to ward away such creatures? The lack of logic and common sense here is the real mystery worth investigating.

• I would love to genuinely hear about your first hand experience with the other side. Message me pls.

• As a ghost hunter, how do you know if something is evidence of the supernatural, when all evidence for the supernatural has alternate explanations?

• You don't, and that's part of the fun. When you can rule out all the scientific explanations, only then can you begin to speculate that it *might* be something paranormal. My position/job on the team is "EVP", and that has long been one of the most reliable methods of capturing ghost activity. Electromagnetic Voice Phenomenon is when a voice is captured on a recording that was not heard by anyone present at the time of the recording. But I've captured more than just voices. We have recordings of "something" playing with the straps on a flashlight as a direct response to us asking if anyone was present, and we have a playful ghost in one site that likes to whistle a tune to us, and the tune will change if you echo the first tune back to him/her. Of course, these are audio recordings, so they wouldn't serve as proof to anyone listening on the Internet.

• What happened to Ouija boards, joined hands, and candles? I smell bs

• How to do the #CharlieCharliechallenge :

1. Get two pencils and paper
    2. Get out your bible and start copying down the word.

#JesusLovesYou

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of... Smh.

• "NOT TODAY SATAN NOT TODAY"

• It's the person talking's breath that blows the pencil and moves it lol. Yet people refuse to believe in God.

• I don't believe in God, nor do I believe in this silly superstition.

• Lol it's just funny how naive some people are

• What does people taking breaths have to do with god?

• It's the breeze, lol.

• It's just dumb. It's not like it actually works.

• More from Girls
    40