Do you Believe in the Supernatural? Here's what I Believe.

I just saw on here yesterday, that there is a new supernatural craze sweeping the internet called "Charlie Charlie". Seeing that, inspired me to write what I believe in when it comes to the supernatural world and where I draw the line in believing. So, let's get started.

What I Believe: I believe in many supernatural occurrences and phenomenons. I believe in ghosts and people who see spirits and can talk to them (like psychics and mediums and stuff). I believe in reincarnation and the after life and that heaven is a real place and that are loved ones who passed on are always watching over us. I believe in psychic connections and some people being able to predict things before they happen. I even believe there's people out there that may practice wicca, not like what you see on T.V. or anything but just a person who practices magic. Like I said, I believe in many supernatural things. I'm a very open minded person and willing to consider the possibilty of many things that seem impossible and totally out there.

What I Don't Believe in: I don't believe in aliens. I mean, I love the stars, the moon and seeing pictures of the aurora borealis. I've even got glow in the dark stars and plants on my ceiling, that I totally love and find awesome. So, I'm not against the space thing, just the alien thing. I don't believe in Bloody Mary, me and friends tried doing that at a sleep over and nothing happened. I don't believe in the Candy Man or Slender Man or the new demonic spirit Charlie. That is where I draw the line in believing in the supernatural.

Do I believe there are people who believe in aliens? Yes.

Do I believe in them? No

Do I believe there's people who actually believe they are a vampire? Yes

Do I believe in vampires or that those people are vampires? No

Do I believe there's people who believe the myth of Bloody Mary and all the rest and that they are true? Yes

Do I believe that Bloody Mary and all the rest are true? No.

Now, My Final Thoughts and Advice: I don't know much about this Charlie Charlie craze, but I do know the last thing that sweept the internet was Slender Man and a poor innocent girl got stab by her so called "friends". That poor little girl almost died, because her friends were stupid enough to believe Slender Man was real and telling them to stab her, so they could see his castle (or something like that). So, though I don't believe there's a demonic spirit named Charlie who you can ask questions to (which in it's self sounds dumb, how many evil spirits do you know that will answer your questions about whether bobby will ask you to the prom or not?). Anyway, for arguments sake let's say he is real and will answer your questions. I would advise people not to mess with demonic forces, because that's like picking up a guy on the side of the road wearing a ski mask and holding a chain saw, you're just asking for trouble. Don't mess with things you don't understand, things that (if real) could be dangerous to you and or the ones you care about. So, keep away from this craze. The last one (as I said), got a little girl stabbed and no one wants that again. That's just my opinion though.

Riddle me This: You know what I find ironic? How is that everybody who meets someone online assumes they're a scammer. Even if they've talked to them, people are like "he/she probably isn't even real". However, people will go online and see that there's a new game about a demonic spirit named Charlie and everyone believes it's true.

So, people won't believe a person online is who they say they are, because they met them online. Yet, they'll believe in a demonic spirit named Charlie who you can ask questions to, that they heard about online? Dude, how does that even make sense? Just something for everyone to ponder.

So, this is what I believe and don't believe. What do you believe?

loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• I believe in the supernatural, and I believe in aliens.

It is way way WAY too arrogant, to think that us humans can comprehend EVERYTHING in the universe.

• I don't believe in anything supernatural.

• I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness Monster, Ogo Pogo, psychics, witches, chupacabres, vampires, I believe in many supernatural occurrences and phenomenons. werewolves, leprechauns, baron samedi, god, satan, angels etc either.

Why not?
    The same reason you don't believe in the Easter Bunny.

• It's physically impossible for ghosts to exist, so no, I don't believe in supernatural stuff. And like Abzence said, how can people believe in supernatural stuff and not believe in aliens when there're millions and millions of planets out there?

• Well considering it's a ghost, it's not physical anything

• The soul doesn't "feed off" the body at all. it simply dwells within it.

• @Skadouchebag yeah, I didn't know how to say it, but without body, there's no soul.

• I don't believe in anything supernatural. Period.

Extra-terrestrial beings obviously aren't supernatural. So yes, it's possible they exist. I doubt that they're related to the supposed "ufo-sightings" over the years, though.

• The reason I don't buy the Charlie, Charlie thing is because it's so popular now. Think about it; How many people worldwide do you think are trying to summon him at a given moment? I doubt a finite spirit can be in two places at once.

Also any astronomer will tell you that it is almost CERTAIN that aliens exist (assuming life on Earth came into being in a way that could reasonably reoccur-able way); they just don't believe in the implausibly human-like aliens reported in abductions. I personally believe that these aliens are actually humans from the future, or rather, what humans will evolve into.

I do believe in the supernatural, being a born-again Christian.

• Do I believe in aliens? No
    But I do believe in the existence of life other than earth.
    Just because we dont know anything for sure does not mean that there is no possibility of E. T.
    I belivev in ghost but not all those ghost stores we hear everyday. And I dont believe in Hell, Heaven, After-life. etc

• I believe there's a lot more out there than we know, and that anybody who think we have it all figured out or even a large part of it figured out is an idiot. I also think it's crazy to believe that we must be the only planet with life in the entire universe, or that we're definitely the. most advanced, intelligent, longest existing etc. We don't know. Did you know that we can only sense 0.05 of what is actually there? For example visible light only exists in a certain frequency of waves, but then you have infrared and ultraviolet that we know exists but can't be seen with the naked eye - visible light is 0.05% of the entire spectrum - so we're practically blind.

• I think their are Aliens. Neither science nor religion said "There are no aliens. You guys are the only one here. Enjoy."

• Neither science nor religion say that we are alone, and both have good reason to believe the opposite. And the reasons are surprisingly similar, too. Science says that if whatever way life developed on Earth could happen once in this absurdly enormous universe, then it could probably happen again. Religion says that a being like God that A) is infinitely wise, and B) loves beauty, would not create this absurdly enormous universe, and then only put life on a single speck within it.

• There are higher chances of aliens existing than of anything remotely supernatural existing.

• I believe that there is more to this world than we will ever understand. I believe that we create reality in a very real and tangible way, it's our collective thoughts that form what we know as reality. That their are also intelligence we have yet to discover in the animal kingdom, the spiritual realm, and yes the stars. It's pure hubris to think that we are alone in the universe, there are billions of billions of stars out there science has now proven that many of them have planets, and of those planets that some could support life as we understand it.

• In fact, a star with no planets seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

• I think it's interesting that someone can believe in spirits and ghosts and at the same time not believe on aliens.

Based on what we today know about the universe it's like a billion times more likely that aliens exists than ghosts exist.

Needless to say that I believe that life exist outside this little planet we call earth.

What Girls Said 8

• how can you believe in ghosts over aliens? aliens make more sense logically because out of the countless billions of planets in space its highly unlikely that ours is the only one to contain life. even mars was found to contain single celled organisms which are technically alien, i dont believe in the stereotypical aliens that live on our door step but i believe its possible for other life forms to inhabit a planet out there somewhere.

• im not religious and i didn't believe in ghosts. then one night i actually SAW one and ever since that day i do believe in ghosts.

• You do not believe in aliens but you do believe in witches? WHAT? You believe that Humans ON THE FUCKING TINY ASS EARTH are the ONLY intelligent form of life in the entire universe? How incredibly egocentric... Witches (something absurd and illogical and sientificaly proven that it does not exist) are completly fine, but not other intelligent life forms... OH MY GOD! People like this make me angry

• Why are you yelling at me? This take wasn't even about aliens, I just stated what I believed and what I don't necessarily believe in. Why is everybody getting mad at me for that?

• Nope, I don't believe in anything supernatural. Faith in the supernatural is illogical, so I don't really have a reason that would push me to believe in it. No gods, no ghosts, no spirits, zilch. real vampires don't exist, but there are people who call themselves vampires and drink blood, I believe. Something crazy like that. I think one of them was on Oprah once or some shit. Will they be coming back from the dead and fighting hot blonde vampire slayers? No, I'm afraid not, kids, I'm afraid not.

I'm not in the "aliens are real and they walk among us!" Rosewell camp or anything like that. However, aliens are not spirits or supernatural. Supernatural is an indication of existing beyond the physical realm. Aliens are lifeforms from other planets, possibly in other galaxies, but not an entirely different spiritual realm. Well, the media portrayals of crazy space monkeys are highly unlikely, however alien life can be very basic lifeforms on other planets, and it isn't difficult to see how they would exist. You just need the conditions for life, the same way the planet earth was once uninhabitable but evolved to a point conducive to our life forms.

But thats my opinion.

• You know what I find illogical? People like you who accuse the supernatural of being illogical. Why are you people so closed-minded? The biggest problem with people like you is that your scorn and skepticism leaves no room for anything outside your specific worldview. How do you not see the cosmic-level hubris of that? Besides, I personally find the claims of quantum physics to be MUCH more improbable (such as that a particle can be in two places at once) , and yet I still believe in it.

• Now, if there's no sound logic behind something, and no objectively observable evidence to support an assertion of a huge reality like gods (again, that is evidence that is beyond subjective opinion - regardless of my opinion - water is there and everyone can experience it), then how can we actually deny that belief in such a thing is illogical?

You don't have to be an atheist, but any intelligent person with decent understanding of logic will ultimately have to assume that its not logical. Maybe you don't think sound logic or evidence is necessary to believe in something like god, which is a claimed natural reality, opposed to a subjective experience. Then thats your own prerogative, as I think I said before. Now, if you concede that there's no evidence for god in the natural world, and that god is a subjective reality within your own mind (as one of my friends does) then thats another story. Problem comes when you try to argue god as an objective reality, which is yet to be proven

• *accept that it's not logical

• My mom has always told me "there is more to this world then meets the eye" she always to me that when I was trying to put logic to some of the stuff she would tell me, I try not to think about the things that have happened to me personally since I'm skeptical of everything and anything supernatural, but some really weird things started happening to me in my late teens and even though it doesn't happen anymore it still leaves me a little spooked. I wasn't the only one to witness some of the stuff too. A friend of mine went to the same schools as me and we often had the same classes since 4th grade we weren't very close though because around 6th grade he started hanging out with more popular people and since I was kinda loser.. Well those friends of his got him into trouble and he died before our last year in high school about a year after he had died I thought I saw him on the streets but then I remembered he was dead, sometime after that I started to get weird chest pains I went to the doctors but they didn't really know what it was and assumed it was allergies, then I had a odd dream were he told me he was scared to move on, he even got violent with me when I tried to force him to, but he looked really scared too and started crying so I said he could stay with me till he then, the reason this dream freaked me out was because when I woke up my nose was bleeding I wasn't sick, then or now, but the worse one was when I was on the phone and suddenly a dish feel out of the cabinet it wasn't close to the edge either so I was really scared and was calling for someone in the house to come in there with me when my friend on the other line started screaming too because she said she heard someone whispering. I don't like telling people this story in real life because they would probably think I was either mental or just plain ole' lying, but this is the internet so I don't really care I just wanted to put it out there.

• "Aliens" aren't supernatural. It's foolish to believe that there aren't life on other planets. Do you even know how enormous the universe is? Anyone who believes our planet was the only one, where life was able to evolve, is not in their right mind.

I will not dismiss anything until it have been disproven.

• I believe that there is more than we will ever know..

• You believe in ghosts and psychics and heaven and all that shit but not the possibility of other life form in the gigantic and expansive universe? Really?