Why 90's music is better then today's

Ok so I love music today, buuut on the other hand I miss the 90s music that was popular in the early 00s so I'm giving you a throowback tuesdaayyyy!!!! Just cuz I want to :p And by the power invested in me, I shall start :)

1. There was no talking about getting hoes and bisshes(biotches) in rap songs, just catchy raps we could get fired up to or dance to, fun and spunky but realistic

For instance nowadays songs like Truffle Butter-By Nicki Minaj featuring Drake and little Wayne, is mostly about getting laid, amd displaying how fancy and rich they are(not trying to sound like a hat errr cuz I like this song but yeaa) buuut in a 90s rap it was about the harsh realities in life that got them where theynare today. Or justna rap song to rap to, get fired up, a motivational rap, and the artists did this without singing about getting hoes and making that dough, all in all it was something to just enjoy without cringing at dem cuss words xD.

2. Unlike today where rap and pop is the majority of songs and trumps out other genres like electric, 90s music was evened out country, grunge, and R&B were popular too!!

Bands like Nirvana(R.I.P kurt 😍😍😍😍😍😥😭😭😭😭) Nsync ,Radiohead,Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers,Blur, Everclear, Limpbizkit,Spice girls, Foo Fighters, Goo Goo Dolls along with a lot of awessome kick ass bands ruled the music world... And although I mostly listed rock, alternative, and grunge other genres dominated the Top 20 musics.

3. It didn't matter what gae you were, as long as your song was awesome, and the style in 90s music is wickkety wickety whack!!

Nowadays artists just copy or "re invent" already made styles. But in the 90s is where the trendsetters would make thier mark. Whether it was TLC' boyish but sexy appeal/crazy wigs and outfits, or M.C Hammer's pants we will never forget their out of this world style . Not too slutty but fun and a bit spontaneous.

As you can see these songs will forever be in our hearts as we dance and crunkmto the songs

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• I was about to write something about "oh, yet another ''this generation sucks' post", but since we're talking about the 90's I'm going to agree with the 90's being the best.

Because it's true.

• Yayy! I mean I am a millennium baby but I wil listen to anything thts good.. I miss the old shows like I love Lucy, Alfred Hitchcock, (black and white horror movies and shows r wayyyy better) Tom and Jerry.. good timez.. now crappy 1D and all tht fake stuff is on

• Good to see that there are teens your age with good taste :)

• For me, it goes like this:

1. 80s music (power ballads!!!)

2. 60s music (The Beatles)

3. 2000s music (Colbie Caillat forever!!!)

4. 90s music (mainly the early 90s, that had 80s influences)

5. 70s music (too eccentric)

6. 50s music (I respect it a lot more than I like it, it's just not my taste)

• You know what's funny? In 2020 we'll all be like "damn, music in 2005 was so much better than this crap."

• So true. xD

• That's not how it works. People who were born in a particular decade tend to think music from their childhood/growing up days is better regardless. Like, I was born in 81, I think 80s and 90s are better. I'll never think anything from the 2000s is better just like my mother still thinks music from the 60s and 70s is best.

The one change I see is so many young people who were born in the 90s, for example, who listen to just as much music from the 80s and 90s as they do crap from today, or even more so. I knew stuff from my mother's time, but I didn't just actively listen to that music. My 20-yr old niece knows and listens to most of the R&B and rap songs I grew up on (she doesn't like other types of music, for the most part) and has more of that on her iPhone than anything else. I even see the same thing with TV shows. Sure sign that stuff from the 2000s really does just SUCK.

• A part of tht is true but not all the times.. im from 00's but I love the Monkies, Sugar Ray, and modern music.. It just depends wht fancies that individual and their "taste " in music...

• Grunge and alternative rock were the only good genres in the 90's. Most of the metal sucked, and of course pop and everything else sucked too.

• 90's music is not inherently better. Stop comparing the best songs from the 90's with the worst songs of today. Anyone can spew nostalgia-biased rubbish.

• Have you even read mytake? Yes I did title it as why 90s misic is better then today's, but im not trying to poopoo the ideas of today's artists and their music, right after the title I say that I still like modern music, but 90's music is more diverse and has better qualities then some music of today...

• 90's music is not necessarily more diverse, it's just that today's pop music is less diverse than 90's pop music.

That's why music besides pop exists. We're having more variety than ever.

• Depends on what genre. Music now is great for me. EDM

• i think you will find my friend that our music from the 80's is the best.
    you can't beat a bite of cheese on toast.

• I love 90's music, but not these artists, I prefer electronic music. I also like 80's music.

• There are plenty of 90s music.. not just these and I like the whole 60 70 80 and 90 :) (cant distinguish the difference tho ) xD glad u liked this thom😊😊👍

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynW-O1Tpqe0
    na dude the 1890's is where its at.

• 2003,
    The end of everything good to be replaced by generic shit.

So true.

Bands like Nirvana (R. I. P kurt ) Nsync , Radiohead, Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, Everclear, Limpbizkit, Spice girls, Foo Fighters, Goo Goo Dolls along with a lot of awessome kick ass bands ruled the music world... And although I mostly listed rock, alternative, and grunge other genres dominated the Top 20 musics.

• Funny how they destroyed the music and turned everything in generic crap about bitches with horrible singers, horrible words, but is the only forced music who get every kind of propaganda and support, the other genre was completely boycotted even also being popular and better because had words, had real singers, had guitar, had drums, had soul and singers for years with several albums because they were real musicians, not generic shit.

I can't feel pleasure in listening to these songs because they are horrible, generic, horrible words, no soul, has no guitar, no drums, are crap.

It even discourages other singers and people who could turn singers when they intentionally forced only one genre of music with all kinds of support and propaganda to become popular while other genre was boycotted to be replaced for shit with less work, worse words, less instruments and worse generic singers because the musics are the same shit so don't matter the singer because seems to be the same shit.

• I think rap used to be way more about screwing women back in the 80's and 90's. N. W. A. comes to mind they're probably the most famous rap group I know of and they were explicit to say the least.

What Girls Said 7

• as a kid of the 90s i totally agree

• i agree i hate today's music i only listen to 90s 80s and early 2000s

• 1) Pretty sure Jay-Z came out in the 90s. He most definitely rapped about itches and hoes. In fact, I blame him and Eminem for just flatout ruining rap music. Rap was at its best in the 80s and the early 90s, was still hanging on with 2Pac and Biggie (who also rapped about itches and hoes) and then just... UGH when those two died.

2) You do know country, alternative, R&B and other genres still exist right? I think what you're doing is focusing on what was popular on the top 40 charts back in the 90s. There was more diversity on those charts back then, but the top 40 chart is also the POP chart. Back in the 90s, music from other genres was just crossing over to pop, that's all. You can still listen to other genres, but you're just not going to hear too many of those songs on the pop chart now except for Taylor Swift, some rap and some R&B (which you're also probably considering pop, i. e. Beyonce, Rihanna, Usher... pretty much any black artist).

I definitely think the 90s was better, but my reasons would be something like... the quality of songs was better, there was more actual instruments and composition to songs back then (especially slow songs) and songs didn't all basically sound alike the way they do now, a song with serious/deep lyrics by a serious artist could be just as popular as a song with stupid lyrics by a stupid artist, and it wasn't as much about a sexy image vs a good song.

• Hah yea I know what you are getting at, I was trying to make a point tht 90s music had more diversity instead of pop and rap, although most of the music I did put up is of tht genre I was making a point of how different the music changed, and yes there will Always be tht one person who sings about getting all da hoes and making money, the 90s wasn't based around tht like it is today._. There was slow songs, fast songs to groove and jive, and fun party songs... although you do make a valid point...

• I love 90 s old school r&b. It's real! It's fun and and upbeat. It's not just talking about naked women, drugs, and alcohol.

• I I don't know if u will like her but try listening Marian Hill she is pretty cool

• The music in the nineties had more meaning and soul in their lyrics.

This music of today doesn't hold much for me to listen to it again. It's not memorable. It tends to be about depression or heartbreak.

• Overall, my favorite music is from the past, with a large majority coming from the 90's. But a lot of my favorite artists got started in the 90's, and I like their music that also came from the 2000's.

• That is true, but I have to refute point 1. In the 90s, there were plenty of rappers talking about getting bitches or hoes, or women were talked about in a mysoginistic way. Even rappers who couldn't really rap, like Vanilla Ice or Milli Vanilli. Don't get me wrong, music from the 90s is one of my favorite genres, but I believe music had more variety that was easily accesible back then. Like, I don't know, Nas could be painting a gritty picture of how life in the city was, while on the other hand, Snoop Dog was talking about partying and weed. It just depended on who you listened to. Now, there is less variety mainstream, it's focused more towards the party scene, but good rap still exists through underground artists.

• Other than that I liked the take. :) :)

• Yea that was the point I was trying to make :) and im so glad you liked it very much 😊😊😊☺