Black women need to be seen as beautiful by society/whatever else

"But she's too masculine looking"

"I bet her attitude is horrible"

"She looks okay now, but in 20 years, she will be overweight"

"She is definitely going to have daddy issues"

Women of all colours are beautiful. And I'm going to put it that simply. As black women we need to be percieved as beautiful, and not let society bring us down.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 21

• Emmm no. I'm not gonna say someone's beautiful if I don't think they are. If you're beautiful to me, I'm gonna say it, no matter what race you are. But if you're ugly, I'm gonna say it too, no matter what race you are.
    Just because you're black, I'm not gonna automatically think you're beautiful, and this applies to all races out there.

• ''Need to be'' perceived? I'm sorry but it's nobody's duty to perceive some one in a particular way.

• You must mean by other races. All of this desperate begging to be accepted by everyone is a shame.

• Why does anyone of any race NEED to be seen as beautiful? This sounds very entitled to me.

• Oh for fuck's sake.

• I agree. Everyone needs to find me attractive, as well.

Then everyone will be average looking in their inordinate beauty.

Everyone has preferences. If the general preference doesn't swing your way, that's not an excuse to throw a pity party and start saying people should find you or a certain group attractive.

It's sorta like fat people. Always going on about 'fat acceptance'. What they really mean is, "You should want to fuck me, because I'm special." It's the same concept.

At the end of the day, find someone who finds you attractive. Don't try to *make* everyone say that everyone is attractive. No one should go hungry, but at the end of the day, a billion people are starving.

Or are you saying that black women should be viewed as more attractive than other groups of women? Everyone will be viewed as attractive by someone. It's some kind of convoluted

by the way, 3 of the 4 quotes you made in response to your idea of what others think of black women could be--and often are--applied to any color of woman.

If you're talking about the U. S., then keep in mind that 80% of the country is white. Usually, people stick with their own. I'm not talking about racism, just simple comfort levels. And, even still, many of the guys I know are into black girls. And, there's still quite a lot of interracial dating.

And, have you never heard of Rhianna or Beyonce or any of the many, many, many black models? You make it sound as if everyone is trying to paint black women as unattractive, but within the modern, Western standard of beauty, black women hold a solid place there.

Isn't it just that someone you like doesn't find black women attractive? I think it's a masterful act of self-delusion and tantrum how you extended that to the entire country or world.

• If society is bringing black women down, then it's the job of black people to switch that around.

• Read a history book.

• And let me tell you something, I'm blacker than the ace of spades and know more about black history than anyone else.
      While you're on GoG, complaining about your lot in life, I'm taking charge and making a chance for our whole race.
      So, I'll tell you something, when you want to make that change as well, you call me and I'll be right there front and center showing you how it's done.
      Until then, YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP WHEN GROWN FOLKS ARE TYPING!!

lol.

• she is beautiful

• If everyone is beautiful, then the word has no meaning any more. And if someone forces you to say this or that is beautiful, even though you don't really mean it, that should scare you.

• In Amellica, nvr expect these racist bast to portray any other races besides their own as beauty. 👌🏼

• she is pretty, but she is above average. Just like any other race, you have the good looking and the not. You know American media is basically just there to promote white male dominance on the world. For example, look carefully at basically every tv show you have ever watched that was produced in America. Every time its the white guy dating some other race and there is a huge story line formed around it. When the black man dates another race, they show one scene and their relationship is over.

• the USA is a white country and a racist country. no other reason.

• It is not just black women, all non-white women need to be better represented as beautiful in the media. White women are the ideal beauty because it is white countries that started and have advanced marketing and advertising.

I will say I like feminine looking women though... I dress and look like a man, I want to have a girl who looks feminine. I know people and many women don' like this notion, but you are free to do what you want, i support it! Just don't expect me to pursue you romantically... straight women wouldn't want me if I wore make up and dresses...

• Sounds like black women think they are entitled to be precived as attractive. No one deserves entitlement.

• I am not obligated to find someone attractive. Piss off.

• White or black. She is bald , she is out !

• Someone else "needs" (translate as "wants") something, so someone else is obligated to respond? That sounds like entitlement mentality.

• No, we don't have to see anything as beautiful

• You are the smallest ostensible black knight!

• @not_helping

• *responses

• This is bullshit. Basically you're saying everyone MUST say black girls are beautiful. Everyone has their own preference. They're either ugly to you or beautiful. To me this girl is fucking ugly, that doesn't make me a racist or I'm implying that all black girls are like here. That's like saying I think Jennifer Lawrence is so fucking ugly, and that makes me racist against white people. Everyone has their own preference, just try not to hurt other people's feelings with it.

• Jennifer Lawerence. Mmmmmm. Id carve her out like a canoe@!

• Lol who wouldn't bro :P I just wish her bust was a bit bigger ;)

• Yes! Diversity!

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 12

• Black women are beautiful. (:
    Not everyone will see, but every race is beautiful despite individuals perceiving otherwise.
    I accept that not everyone will find me beautiful, but others will also experience the same.

• this girl is really pretty and has nice facial features!! (*_*)! great take

• I think she's pretty, but not everyone is going to think the same way as I do.
    The only country that has issues with these types of black woman stereotypes is America.
    I've never heard those stereotypes be mentioned anywhere else...

• The black Africans from Africa are pure beautiful than the rest

• Well i. Think she is beautiful... i understand what u mean but some people may not agree with u...

• Every race should feel beautiful and be seen beautiful.

• I personally find black woman really gorgeous compared to a lot races. There was this one time when I wanted to become a black woman. I still kind of do.

• I agree, black women do need to be represented as an image of beauty in the media more often, however you can't actively force people to find someone attractive when they don't.

• She is beautiful. But I guess many people have their own preferences disagree. I just want to say, she is one of the few women I have seen that can pull off theextremely short hair look, good for her! 😃

• like someone already said you can't force people to find each other attractive. im not racist. i treat everyone the same. im just not attracted to some races. for example: i love white blond guys. if i really like that then i can't be attracted to a black or Asian man. you dont need to be attracted to every race. just have some self confidence. i personally have never seen the media say that black women aren't attractive.

• Agreed. Women of color are beautiful

• Who says black women look masculine, their faces tend to have soft features.