Everyone: Be proud of who YOU are in general

I'm so sick and tired of coming on GaG and seeing ridiculous stuff like, but not limited to: Big breasts in women, turn on or off; Women like men with beards; Should a girl shave down there, what if she doesn't?; Do you shave at all (men); Would you date a hairy woman?; And these dumb ass rate my body questions. So I'm gonna tell you something: Be proud of who you are, not what you should be according to societal standards.

For the women out there (and this includes my transsexual women too)

Be proud of everything you are. If you're hairy, you have hair. If you have a deep voice, then you have a deep voice. If you're tall or short, then you are! Stop trying your best, and probably hurting yourself, to conform to what's deemed normal. Don't look down on yourself if you're a bigger woman, be proud of that. Don't let anyone talk down to you because you don't fit in with what's apparently normal, don't give people the satisfaction of seeing you uncomfortable with yourself and trying to change so you look better in their eyes. If you're a tomboy, then go out and do what you do. If you're a girly girl, then shit stay cutesy. But do NOT change who you are for others. Go out, have fun, be yourself, cuss a little, drink a litte, smoke a little (if you into ANY of that in the first place), and live a lot.

Also, reading far too often that a girl is apparently still seen as a sex object in 20-fucking-15. If you with anyone who thinks of you as such, kindly escort their asses to craigslist and do not subject yourself to that level of objectification just for their satisfaction.

For the men (and all transsexual men out there)

Stop and just embrace who you are as well. Not every man we meet is going to have facial hair, be a bodybuilder, strong, confident, and tough. If you're a nice guy, stay nice! Someone wants to call you out for it? Well fuck them. That nice attitude is gonna get you farther in many situations than an asshole attitude. If you actually are shy, nothing wrong with that. I'd rather talk to a million shy guys than one over-confident douchebag who thinks he's the shit. You not strong? So the hell what! Not every guy is! This stupid thing called an "alpha male" is a made-up term by guys who are so cocky, they needed a term to truly embrace is and that is an alpha male. Just be a fucking guy, not a term used to describe dominance in wolf packs and lion prides.

If you're a guy that wants to do "girly" sports like gymnastics, volleyball, or swimming then fucking go out for those. Way safer alternative than trying to get killed and experiencing concussions daily with football, and still building muscle and staying in shape. You have many female friends and that's apparently gay? Well fact is a girl would love a straight guy friend she knows isn't trying to fuck her all day.

Why do I think this way?

I'm 18 years old and about to give you a damn story of my life. I was born a female, I was raised to be straight, date black men, and be a good little Christian girl. Well life had other ideas and I learned that it was better for me to be who I am then pretend to be something I'm not. I am not a female, I am not straight (at least as female), I prefer Hispanic and white women, and I am agnostic. I've lost family, so-called friends, and gained many enemies along the way. I've been hurt, made fun of, bullied, physically assualted, discriminated against, and downright targetted for nothing other than my gender identity, my skin color and my sexuality. But now, at 18, I am proud of who I am, embrace who I am, and give zero fucks about what other people think and I truly think everyone else should too.

You should never be what people say you should be because at the end of the day, who are they? At the end of the day, are they you? Do they see your face in the mirror, wash your body, take you to bed? NO! You do! You wear what you want to fucking wear because its not their body, but yours! They're not the ones who might be uncomfortable, but you will be! Don't do sports deemed appropriate for your gender, girl do football and guy go out for gymnastics for all I care, it's your life. These people trying to tell you what to do in terms of your life are literally nothing but assholes who feel they have it all figured out and think they MUST tell you! Do what you feel is right and be proud of who you are as a person.

Basically, that's all I have to say about this. Take what you want from it, but basically be proud of yourself and don't try fitting in just because it looks right. Enjoy the rest of your day anyone reading this.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• Nice take! :D

• lol funnily 'girly' sports; swimming gymnastics volleyball ALL started out as mens sports. i didn't even know these were considered 'girly' haye that term girly though i know you used quotes so i dont hold you responsible ;p

decent take:)

• This really touched me😢
    That's what I always say I am me in any situation👍👍👍 is individually may not be what everyone deems to be beautiful, because everyone has a preference and we all have our downfalls. I'm a little fucked up and damaged, closed off and guarded but life has taugh me to be this way. I just have to get over the fact that I have to love and embrace being and introvert. This is going to be tough as I am just learning this about myself.

• Great take! But we will always have people doubting themselves regardless xD it sucks.

What Guys Said 5

• well said... very touching. you sound a really nice person.
    nice take :-)

• Nice take. Very inspirational.

• ''Not every man we meet is going to have facial hair, be a bodybuilder, strong, confident, and tough''
    I like your take, But, I don't like the glorifying unnatractive-ness. Simple fact of the matter is, If you ain't ripped or skinny (95% of girls would rather ripped) You're fucked. There is no 2 ways about it.
    Looks are all what matters in this society unfortunately.

• That's a sad truth we have as humans nowadays. I hope we can one day stop being idiots and see a person for a person, not their physical part.

• Ok, I get the point. We don't need the approval from the others to be special person in our heart. Seem like other people don't care so much about ourselves so I think I am special and so lucky for being still living in this happy world.

• Its not the size of the gun that counts its how you use it

• I have no idea what the hell that means.

• Really cause so many people already think I'm male, I carry my ID whenever in public just for safety reasons when I gotta piss. I have a friend who's a transgender female and when we met in public an went out to eat, just to hang out, people were beyond convinced she was my girlfriend and I was her boyfriend, it was actually funny.

Some people you can tell, but others you just can't. The ones you can tell are transgender must be what everyone thinks transgender people look like. Sad that that is the accepted idea nowadays, fucking stupid.

• And again, you're cisgender, you will NEVER understand the transgender mind and what we do.

And AGAIN, I'm telling you every guy thinks differently. If you're convinced a gender determines what you think of, why is it that, since I'm still and always will be female according to you, I don't think like one?