Is Islam oppresive to women? Curious to know how REAL Islam is? Watch this video :)

Hey everyone :) First of all I know u guys might say "Hell! This isn't a site for religions...Go post this somewhere else!" and that's why I want to tell you why I'm posting this...

I'm a 16 years old Muslim girl! I live in Spain at this moment and I have traveled a few places .. I've heard people talking about Islam... I've seen people staring at Muslim women wearing the hijab as if they were dirt! I started wondering, why? Why do Muslims have to get this look? Why do people think we are terrorists? Aren't we ALL human beings? Don't we all have rights? Why is it that people believe nearly EVERYTHING they see on media without trying to open their minds a bit and try to to see things in the REAL life...

When a group of Muslim terrorists kill people for no reason (which is FORBIDDEN in Islam) all people are just like "Hey look! We knew it! We knew Muslims are terrorists! I hope they all die ..." But when non-muslims terrorists kill not much breaking news comes out...This is a situation that I noticed a few months before.

As a Muslim I get hurt when I see that LOTS of people don't understand Islam as it is... I HATE it when media starts making up things and giving a really bad and TOTALLY DIFFERENT image of Islam, hijab, etc.

I'm not trying to disrespect ANY OTHER RELIGION because I respect ALL OF THEM... We all have our own beliefs...But I want to show you people what Islam is .. I want to show you that Muslims aren't all the same... I want to show you that if we go covered that doesn't mean we are less humans than you are...It's our choice and we want to be respected just like all of you...And most of all, I want to show you that Islam is a religion of PEACE, not MURDER...

Sorry for talking a lot! This video is for everyone that thinks that Islam is a religion of terrorism...Who thinks that Islam doesn't give women their rights... To people that just don't know what real Islam is... Thanks for reading. Please watch the video and PLEASE no harsh comments...Let us all respect each other...

P.S. I won't reply to disrespectful opinions. Oh and tell me what you think about this video and if your thoughts about Islam and Muslims changed? :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

• Certainly no more oppressive than the way they oppress women in western cultures.
    They oppress women in western cultures by telling them that they have to have a certain body figure and say which bodies are more beautiful than the other. I mean how is that not oppressing women? Because that's telling them that they are only valued for their bodies and not for their intellect or personality. Look at all these eating disorders that women have those all were developed from western cultures and those disorders are all psychological. So before anyone downvotes me why not confront me instead of just downvoting it because it hurts your ego or because its something that your government tells you?

• *not something your government tells you

• It says I can't message you lol

• I will message right now

• The video is way too long, care to point out the main points?

• White women are muslims cause it empowers them or some shit like that.

• Oh sorry asker!

• Its okay 😊

• Indeed there are many hasty generalisations about Muslims in the media and on the inteternet.

• Yeah unfortunately! 😔 but not every single thing is right about it !!!

• @oracle12c
      "any religion that can be disproved is false by definition and doesn't deserve more time or any more respect than other kinds of philosophical literature. "

I invite you to disprove Pastafarianism (aka The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster ) :)
      Good luck!

• I'm Muslim so I'm bias...

• Short and simple nice take BUT always there is those tards

• Overall; It's a great Take, even if we can't change people's stuck minds towards to Islam...
    Generally people tend to compare Islam with other religions; this is a sign of uncapability to learn and obstinate disrespectful minds unfortunately... I do believe if people respect to others how they are respected or at least try to respect; everything will be better and I am sure noone will have a problem to respect other and live with them peacefully... But unfortunately people have some solid opinions and they never wish to change or critisize their inner feelings by heart.
    Islam is a unique religion like others. All religions are the same for us; we never critisize or humuliate others, like every religion Islam has it's own rules and it's own ways. I am just sorry for the people who never respect Islam even hate it;moreover hate the Muslims... I am not sad they dont like Muslims;I am just sad they ruin humankind and making themselves miserable in front of God.

• But where is real islam?)

• I think I've seen the video? ( based on ur opinion) .. And good question... As u know lots of people are seeing Islam as the religion of terrorists.. As murderers.. As 'No rights for women' .. and blah blah blah.. But that's not how Islam is... That's not what Islam asks or want from us as human beings. ... Like this women said.. She thought before that women have no rights... That Muslims r terrorists and will kill her , for not being Muslim... But it wasn't like that... It was all the opposite... And that good opposite was the real Islam 😊

• You can't change their minds;they hate and humuliate, and nothing can change this :)

• A question have u ever went to Arabian country to see real Islam?

• To be honest this is very good take you made it very simple and clear, now i hope many people can understand, proud of you @DaniaMQ

• regardless of oppression

killing non believers (which muhammed did)
    Beating your wife (i believe 4:34)

Are too very important points a religion should not show or teach or promote

Also cmon man your 16 and have you even understood evolution?
    or how muhammed was a warlord , enslaver , murderer?
    Or how he had a little girl as a wife ( 9 years old) cmon man

Bruh real islam , is not goooooooooooooooooood

• R u serious? Who the hell told u those things? The prophet. NEVER killed anyone if it wasn't in a war and for ur information the prophet gave them choices between peace and war when his enemies have chosen the war... So our prophet. isn't. A murderer!!!

second of all Islam respects women a lot and it doesn't allow u to BEAT A WOMEN !!!

Young kids are known for their intelligence and are good at keeping information... His wives were old and the won't live for a long time so the way he could make people know about Islam is by telling and showing it to a young girl !! So he married. Aisha ( the girls name ) and like that after the prophet Muhammad died people went to ask Aisha about what the prophet used to do in a specific situation,... So that's the reason.. And of course it won't be good to u if that's how u view Islam !!

• R u serious? U have nothing to do with his username!! 😒 He can name himself as he wants !!

• perhaps address the question , if evolution does or does not conflict with Islam. Which it does. Instead of asking stupid questions like how many scientist agree with it ( almost all agree with it ) . It wouldn't be taught in schools if it was agreed by 1%

• Nice take, indeed Islam is flourishing and will flourished !

• 'When a group of Muslim terrorists kill people for no reason (which is FORBIDDEN in Islam)' Says who? You? There are problems already with what you said; a lot these so called 'terrorists' *sincerely* believe they are fighting for a 'just' and 'good' cause even if you disagree with it and it's ignorant if you choose to not acknowledge this and the second problem is that not all Muslims believe and practise their faith the same way. People need to really stop trying so hard to describe the political idea of Islam as a 'one size fits all'. This goes with any religion really but Islam is a hot topic right now.

• Says the quran

• Dude u can't even speak Arabic to decide

• @Omar5881 I am not deciding anything. Look, I am just saying that people interpret the Qur'an differently.

• It is very funny that you are sprouting this belief whilst living in "free" Europe.

Why not go live in Africa or the middle East and then decide?

Yes you can interpret the Islam in a peaceful way, but the most horrific opression and wars in this world are happening in the middle east and Africa because of Islamic fanatics.

• Yes I live in " free" Europe, so what? I lived and I was born in Jordan and I lived there for 7-8 years !!! And I still didn't even complete. 2 years in Spain !!! And yes ! There's lots of wars in the middle east and Africa but does that mean they r right? Those murders aren't doing as Islam is asking from them to do and that's why wars are there !!! Islam never ordered us to kill people, to not care about them, etc etc... They r just too cocky to do what Islam says and as in every religion they're some people that don't do as their religion asked them to do !!! So don't blame Islam for THAT !!

• So what? You seem to neglect clue how people (male and female) are being treated in countries where they are being opressed in the name of this religion.

According to them they ARE doing what the Koran says and have been fighting to the death for decades to prove it. But according to you they are not? Not going to quote the stuff that 'the prophet' did to clarify this point.

We all know the 'ISLAMIC state' has been named after islam, who have been commiting horrendous atrocities.

Face it Islam is open to interpretation and is therefore not solely a peacefull religion. That isn't to say I dislike what certain western countries have been doing to the world either!

Yes my opinion sounds bitter, well I am sick and tired of people praising (especially this) religion whilst all these murders have been taking place in the name of.

There by the way a lot of women/girls who have been in the news fighting this religion like Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Malala Yousafzai. See what they have to say.

• If u want to know the im , learn the islam dont see the muslim only

• Exactly. ... U have to study Islam to know it for real.. Coz not all Muslims do what they r supposed to do.. Just like any other person in any other religion.. Right?

• Well yeah, we want you to have rights, such as the right to not have to wear a hijab... you honestly enjoy wearing those all the time?
    And the media reports on non-Muslim terrorist acts A LOT, I don't know how you could think otherwise.

Really though, why still talk about this kind of thing? A religion with billions of people, being judged by about twice as many billions, is never going to receive the same opinion about anything, nor have the same opinion about anything.

• Well u might be shocked about the hijab thing.. But even if we don't enjoy wearing it we feel comfortable in it.. Much more comfortable in it... And THIS is OUR right.., our right is to WEAR it not to. GET IT OFF... We wanna wear it? Great.. Its our life and we can do it..

and yeah they report them but when it comes to Islam they try to do their best to show a false image of it..,

well u might be right but I told my reason of this video above.
      have a nice day! 😊

• @Candy12345 EXACTLY! 👍 Thanks for saying this 😊

• I don't know why you're still commenting on my thread...

• The real interesting question is:
    Is the REAL Islam true or false, if it just another false religion then who cares what the real Islam is, if not then it becomes interesting.

So can you prove Islam to be true and in accordance with the knowledge science know today?

• Hey! U r right ! Islam isn't a false religion.. First of all recently LOTS if people started to convert to Islam the last few years.. And if it was a false religion it wouldn't have THAT effect on people.. Ok, so the last prophet was called Mohammed~ peace be upon him~ and he came with the Qur'an, before him there were other prophets ( in total they r 25 ) like Jesus (With the Bible ), Moses ( with the Tawrah) , etc. Those holy book and others cane BEFORE Qur'an and they were words of God but they were changed by humans.. U'll say " oh really? So now u'll say Qur'an didn't change? " YES ! It didn't l, why? Coz like I said Qur'an was the last holy book that cane which contains literally ALL issues of life, it talks about what things to do and what not, marriage, divorcement (+ her right AFTER she gets divorced), both gender rights, children's rights, law and human rights, etc. If u don't know how to act in any situation, go to Qur'an.. (will be continued in the next comment )

• @oracel12c by the way I'm so sorry, Before I said that Qur'an was sent before 4000 years but I didn't notice the mistake .. I meant 1400 years ago ! Sorry !

• * @oracle12c

• Islam supports gender roles, which feminists hate. They have spent decades trying to convince people that gender roles are oppressive to women. It is this idea of women being victimized in past societies do to gender roles that is their greatest recruitment method. That is why people think Islam is oppressive to women. As such no feminist country will ever be able to tolerate a religion that supports gender roles.

When it comes to empowerment, freedoms or whatever we want to call it, we need to keep in mind it depends on what ways a person wants to be empowered. To one person the United States might be the most free country on the planet. To another person China might be the most free country on the planet. It depends on what rights and freedoms are important to that individual.

In the west our values typically are the complete opposite of Islam. So people see that as oppressive. Meanwhile Muslims in the United States might feel oppressed because their views are not embraced.

• Yeah, no. Muslims are still completely backwards in a lot of things, and some random YouTube video isn't going to wash away the sexism.

Why do Muslims always feel the need to be overly defensive, anyway? We don't care. Stop shoving this down our throats.

What Girls Said 5

• In ISIS territory, women aren't to be heard. They can't raise their voice and they can't go out anywhere without a male. They can't show their eyes otherwise they'll get lashed. They're treated like sub-humans/slaves and are used by men and are quickly and easily disposed of by their own family/men. Most of them have been raped numerous times because the men view them as possessions. Some of these rules apply outside of ISIS territory. I think it's very oppressive of women. I'm not sure if that's Islam or just the men manipulating it their own way. I don't know why any woman would want to become a Muslim.

• ISIS is not Islam because why would Isis bomb mosques with praying Muslims in it?

• @LightUp Cool descriptions!

• @hannah591 thanks haha but seriously why does he think Fast 7 would... oh wait...*gulp* is he a troll?

• It is when I went to Dubai, there were rarely women in the streets.

• Look, as in any religion on earth there are people that exaggerate so much... So Islam never told women to stay all day in their houses. .. Not at all... But in Dubai its really hot so maybe its coz of that too ! Lol 😃 but really Islam never told us to stay tied home ! 😊

• When I was in dubai I rarely found men -_-

• @Omar5881 😂
      @Hannah591 well yes I do coz I don't know every single thing as I'm only 16 but yes I know what I'm talking about !!! Why don't u do ur research's before saying wrong things about Islam !! -_-

• Honestly, don't let it get to you. People can think whatever they want about our religion. We know in our hearts that the Taliban, ISIS, and Al Qaeda are not Islam. The people that support it are not Islamic. These terrorist groups were actually funded by the U. S. Government. I don't care about what anyone says, 9/11 was an inside job.

All of humanity from the beginning of time to the end of time will learn the truth on the day of reckoning and in their graves. We will all be dealt with complete justice.

• U r right 😊 i just said that maybe i would at least try 😊 by the way i didn't know u r Muslim 😄 hello 😃

• by the way thanks for helping me with ur answers haha 😃 I'm getting bit tired from answering to every single opinion 😒😁

• it is without a doubt the USA Supports terrorism indirrectly and seeks to control the world..

• It would have been better if you could have summarized that 32 mins long video.

• Yeah sorry I know, but I didn't do it coz she talks about more than one thing.. And those things are misunderstood so I wanted people that see this video to see that its not as they think it is... Sorry if this makes no sense lol

• I see. I'm not sure if it's an admin or an editor who previewed your take to promote it and decided to change the title 'to get more views'. They do it sometimes... to get more clicks I suppose. I don't agree with it.

• Really? Wow... That's isn't good at all in my opinion... I want my title how I wanted it and now they changed to vet more views ! 😔

• Well... There are many interpretations of islam. Only because you like this interpretation it doesn't mean it's the right one.
    I think before posting random videos and trying to convince the world of your religion, you should at least try to do some reading. You are 16 and don't live in a muslim country. How much could you possibly know about this religion?

• Sorry , but I didn't come her to convince anyone... I came here coz as my job as a Muslim I think I should show people what Islam really is... I am 16 and I was born in a Muslim country and I lived there for 7-8 years and I know what my religion is about.. Of course not everything.. But I'm talking about the basic stuff here... Things that people misunderstood E. G. Muslims will kill u and use violence against u... I posted this just to make people see that this women saw the truth and its not like media shows it !!

• This doesn't change anything. As I told you before there are many interpretations of islam. Why do you think there is shia islam and sunni islam & even a branch called sufis. And those groups are also divided. Sunnis are divided into wahabis and salafists and etc? While the sunnis are the harshest forbidding any depicting of Muhammad, shias have made islam a bit more artsy with paintings, portraits & architecture. The sufis have music and dance interpretations of islam! There are many branches in between. These fundamental differences come from different interpretations of verses & hadiths. While you might not believe in killing "unbelievers" as a 16 year old girl, some muslim scholars who make a living off interpretations and have studied the subject far more than you have lived, believe it is mandatory. Fact is that the westernized muslims are not in majority and when the media does represent what those "bad" muslims believe, the westernized muslims such as yourself get offend.