Glasses problems

I myself have been wearing glasses for about 9 years. This is my take on the problems that arise when faced with having to watch the world through a lens. So, without further ado, let's get cracking!

1. Four eyes

Glasses problems

Oh, the struggle is real. The second you begin wearing glasses, is the second your name instantly changes to 'Four eyes'. Try playing a soccer match with some kids you don't know, your team will ONLY refer to you with that name. After all, it's all over your face, right?

2. Rain

Aren't these things supposed to, you know, actually HELP me see?

3. No proportion

If you're long-sighted, your eyes will look like those that cartoon Barbies have. Now, if you're short-sighted like me, people will begin to wonder if you've any eyes at all (but that's okay, you got your extra pair).

4. Sweat

Whether you're out in the heat or working out, sweat is your enemy. Seriously glasses, my cheeks can see alright, it's my eyes that need assistance!

5. Fogging up

Entered a warm room? This will make you more blind than the blindness you started off with. Oh, it was raining outside also? All the damn worse.

6. Losing your glasses

You panic. You vigorously check every corner, every inch of the sofa, looking for your glasses. When suddenly you realise..... They've been sitting on your nose the entire time.

7. Actually losing your glasses

And not finding them because you're blind as f*ck. Ironic much?

8. Lying down

Nice try. Don't do that. They'll break. They're expensive.

9. Nerd

I can't see for sh*t, I must be a nerd.

10. Smudged

That one tiny black dot at the corner that you just can't get rid of. And the dust. And a random fingerprint.

11. Constantly sliding them up

Your glasses stay in place but you'll still slide those babies up your nose. Over the years, it becomes a habit.

12. People constantly trying on your glasses

...and then saying 'wow! You really can't see!'. It's not like I'd sit in somebody's wheelchair and say 'wow! You really can't walk!'

13. Cinema

Congratulations. You are now a Six Eyes!

And just when you attempt to get rid of the frames...

...you end up playing a looong game of hide-and-seek.

Then once you DO find that one contact (or replace it with a new one because the other sucker's gone, Forever), and once you DO get it in...You'll continue sliding your finger up your nose every 5 seconds. :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• The struggle is so real, i've had glasses for 20 years

• This is all so true!!

Wearing glasses in a way to crowded place is terrible!! My glasses has been broken like that.

• You that's true , eyesight is a precious gift of nature. :/

• Why kind of fool wear contacts? Did you know that people are paying 250+ per pair of glasses to look fashionable when they don't even need them? It's a multimillion business selling those non prescription or whatever people call them glasses.

• That is true indeed. But for those who actually do need glasses, a good pair of frames is a good investment since they'll last a little longer.

• Haha! Everything you mentioned is so true. And there is one more thing: when his/her sight has been good enough to get rid of glasses, it feels a little bit weird on the triangle area around his/her nose. My sight is very clear now, but I am still not prepared to get rid of it.

• Lucky you!! I can't wait to get the laser surgery done, I won't mind the weirdness of that triangle area, at least I'll be able to see properly :D

• I hate that my eye lashes touch the lens and makes it dirty. It's annoying lol

• Lol the breaking the glasses and losing the glasses are my biggest problems. Been rocking glasses for like 16 years now though I think, I always choose a malleable, durable frame. As far as losing them, I don't know how to solve that one. I always manage to, whether I put them only in one spot or put them wherever they manage to vanish.

• SO TRUE! I FEEEL ALL THESE THINGS! THANK YOU!

• lol this is so random

What Girls Said 12

• Lol I love this. I've been wearing glasses since I was 5. I've experienced all of what you listed. Contacts are a no go for me because I have an astigmatism in my left eye. I actually like wearing glasses tho. I guess because I've had them forever.

• So true. I've been wearing glasses for 15 years 😔

• I have no problem with contact lenses, they are just TO MUCH WORK haha. I prefer my face without glasses and I rather just get laser eye surgery and wear glasses for fashion but people can get blind from that. Its like no win win situation for glasses wearers. Have you thought of surgery?

• So true.. I hated glasses. I paid for the best lenses possible, but they were still thick on the sides and made my eyes, which are one of my best features, dissapear. And my glasses were too heavy, I needed some time to adjust every time I wore them and prople mocked me about them. The worse was going to the beach with glasses!! I have high short sightedness,11-12 degrees, and I ve been wearing glasses from 5 to 14 years old. Since then I wear clear contact lenses, the monthly ones. For me, cleaning them and putting them on is easy, but my eyes are more sensitive when I wear them. It's easy to get dust, hairs, sand or makeup on them, they get irritated and dry from harsh wind, airconditioning and cigarette smoke, so then i see everything dull and i look like im sleepy. But soon I ll fix them with laser. Sorry for the long rant

• I think I have been wearing them since 3-4. I actually almost went blind in one eye. All of this is so true, but we have more character too :D

• Great take!! :)

• I totally understand. Especially fogg, rain and sweaty part.
    Glasses are not so practical but I still prefer to use them insteaf lenses.

• Glasses are boring. I wore soft contacts for a long time since then, I'm still on the same power. My eye sight was nt that bad but it was the daily wearing glasses that caused it to increase its power to left eye being -8.25 and right eye to - 7.00.

• Haha :D
    Nice take.

• This is why I wear contacts :P

• I prefer contacts because I hate being able to see above/below/to the side of my glasses & it being blurry. Contacts solve that problem. & defintely the laying down one, such a pain!

• I feel ya :') But my eyea just happen to be oval so putting the contacts in is just a huge pain in the ass lol

• My bad, I meant the actual eyeball. It's not completely round so the contacts don't stick to my eyes as easily as they have to adapt to my shape

• Ohhh. Well that sucks

• This is so true. That's why I hate wearing glasses!
    I'm thinking about starting using contact lenses.