5 Reasons Why People Should Accept Gun Law Worldwide

There is a lot of discussion lately about gun-law being abolished. But why? Guns are not evil by default. There are just people who are gunphobics. And as another form of phobia,it will always be irrational.

1) “Guns Don’t Kill People, People Kill People”: Right. A gun by default will not kill you. Someone has to fire this gun. By the same logic, all food are evil. Since you can choke on your own food and die,should we ban all food? It’s irrational! All you need is to make proper use of this gun. False use of ANY object can kill you, wether it is a gun or a ball.

2) Protection: One day you might get attacked by a thug. This thug happens to be unarmed,but happens to be stronger and you happen to be unarmed as well. What will you do? Even if you cry “Please stop!”, he will beat you up and get away with your money. So if you had a gun you could pull out your gun and shoot his hand. You don’t have to kill him at all. Just injure him, and run away!

3) Survival: Well...sure chances for this to happen are minimum,but not zero. Anyway,one day you might end up in a forest all alone. Being unarmed will give you less chances to survive. Being armed though, might come in handy in this case. It will help you for hunting purposes and give yourself more chances to survive.

4) Shooting as a form of an entertainment: Sure this reason is less serious than those reasons above, but still why not? Personally I collect empty soda cans. Sometimes I build a can-tower with them but when I do I think...”Oh God if only had a gun to shoot this tower down! But shit gun-law is illegal here! Not funny!”

5) Make money from guns: Even if you don’t want a gun,guns being legal will come in handy in your case. You might have some guns in your home from some family members of yours. If guns are illegal were you live,you are not able to sell them easily! So again gun-law will come in handy even if you don’t want any guns personally!

Anyway, point is there is no need to be afraid of guns themselves. It’s irrational. :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• This is a two sided argument. I can see the pros and cons in owning them.
    The pros are you can instantly defend yourself against an attacker. But to every law there's a downside ,
    There would also be an increase rate of accidents occurring due to owning a gun.
    I can't tell you how many stories I have read of people cleaning their guns and it goes off.
    Or young children finding it and pulling the trigger without knowing it's loaded etc.

The first example you gave was not a very good comparison. Food and guns can't be compared.
    There is no relation what so ever.
    We need food for survival. It helps us live.

We do not need guns for survival. It only kills.

• "There would also be an increase rate of accidents occurring due to owning a gun.
      Or young children finding it and pulling the trigger without knowing it's loaded etc."

^that's y people some keep 'em somewhere in a drawer i believe... away from kids..
      as for cleanin yer gun and go off... thought it'd be rare to happen... o_O

"We do not need guns for survival. It only kills."

^primary reason's self defence in my opinion...

• @YourFutureEx Thought you were using metaphors for suicide. LMAO my bad.

• people cleaning their guns and it discharges? holy shit those are some dumb fucking people cleaning a loaded gun.

• 1. Guns make it much easier to kill someone than other weapons. A knife for example is a lot harder to kill someone with because you have to be within close proximity of them and use physical force. Pulling a trigger of a gun requires minimal effort and makes it a lot less personal, so is psychologically easier to kill someone with.

2. Give everyone guns because we all need to protect each other from the guns that everyone has!!! (sarcasm) you are much likelier to get killed if you yourself are carrying a weapon

3. see point 2

4. you can do that in a controlled environment. you don't need to make them legal to achieve this.

5. you can make money from many other things. get a job.

overall, i think they are weak arguments. but that is just my opinion. i think it is completely unnecessary to introduce gun laws in places that don't have them. however, i understand the complexity of banning guns in a country like USA where it is deeply ingrained in the culture and in the constitution

• #1. " The beauty of a firearm is a 98 lb woman can use one to stop a 250 lb rapist [literally] dead in his tracks."
      ^from a YT comment...

#2. u won't carry yer gun when u go for grocery shoppin of course... but when u go out in da night... :|

#5. nobody hates a little bit xtra u know... don't u think so?

"overall, i think they are weak arguments. but that is just my opinion. i think it is completely unnecessary to introduce gun laws in places that don't have them. however, i understand the complexity of banning guns in a country like USA where it is deeply ingrained in the culture and in the constitution"

^r not there any moments dat u really wish u had a gun? honestly...

• how would you know he's a rapist unless he's in close range? by your logic i should shoot a random guy who's not near me in case he rapes me?

• correct... u've got a point there...

• I agree with you whole heartedly.

• Nope, guns and food are not comparable. We need food, we don't need guns. It's different in other places that's why the law isn't worldwide.

• No gun pls

• y?

.

• i believe 99.5% among humans would make proper use...0.5% only would abuse 'em :)

• People used to butcher the hell out of each other long before there were guns.

• 1. The fact that you are comparing a gun to food is insane. People die, accidents happen. This is not a justification for letting anybody own a gun.

2. You use guns for protection? Bollocks. You have guns because you like guns. If you're a "sensible gun owner" like so many of you claim to be. You wouldn't leave your gun just lying around at home. So if somebody breaks into your house, what are you going to do? Tell them to wait while you get your gun out of your safe.

3. Is just so stupid I'm not going to justify it with a response.

4. If that's your form of entertainment then you need to find yourself a girl.

5. Brilliant. Let's sell our guns for a a bit of cash. The person who we have just sold it to might go and shoot a load of school children but who cares? As long I make I make a bit of money.

• Must... resist... need... to print this opinion!

• see? even GAG admins agree and they promoted my take :p :p :p

• The Sandy Hook guy was mentally ill to the point he should have been institutionalized. His idiot mom thought guns would be therapeutic.

The mental health services in the US are a disgrace. Back in the 50's and 60's the mental hospitals were closed as inhumane. Community-based services were supposed to take their place, but never did - that costs money. So now we have homeless all over, and things like Sandy Hook.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes finally a fellow gun lover that understands

• the main reason I own a gun is because if someone is going to rob the house, im sure as hell they're fucking packing heat, so I will too lol. and if they're not then the situation just turned in my favor LOL 😂

• I totally agree with you Klaatu51, weapons should be made available to those that want them, obviously only if you are mentally sound and obtain them legally. And honestly I am a bit surprised in a good way about your opinion on guns, it's a surprising olive branch.

• surprised y? it's pure logic i guess..

• I don't know it, it just surprised me for reason but yeah your right it is logical and common sense.

• I agree, guns should be available to all. But there should be strict guidelines as to how you obtain them.

• United Earth will one day ban all guns first from the general human population, then the police force, and then the military.

• Hate to break it to ya, but this world ain't fair, nor peaceful.
      It would have to take a near-genocide to create a "perfect" world.

• Yes. With global warming on the way, something of the sort may be around the corner.

• #1: While guns don't kill people, the sole purpose of a gun is to injure or kill. There is literally no other use, so this is a bad argument.

#2: Now the thug can easily get his hands on a gun too. Then what? Now this encounter becomes a lot more lethal.

#3: You don't need a gun in a lot of places in the world. In the Netherlands and the UK, I don't think anyone would need a gun to defend themselves.

#4: Then why not limit gun usage to shooting ranges?

#5: This is not a compelling argument in the slightest. This doesn't apply to just guns.

• #1 i'd say sole purpose's self-defence... :)
      #2 indeed... all u need's a good "strategy" here...
      #3 wot if someone's physically weak then?

• @take owner
      Tbh, it goes with natural selection theory.
      Only the strongest will survive. Goes without saying, including both mental and physical qualities.

• Fun fact: over the last 20 years in the U. S., between 500k and 700k crimes per year were committed by someone with a gun. Only in 10% of these cases was the gun actually used. However, in the same timeframe, legal gun owners stopped between 1.2 and 1.4 million crimes per year.

• You got words confused. "Gun law" means controlling who gets guns and how they get them and the type they get. You're talking about letting people have guns without laws restricting them.

Gun control and laws are important. Yet you seem to ignore that we have laws for other things that are dangerous especially some of the things you mentioned. We DO have laws against certain kinds of foods (trans fats, blow fish, foods with poisons) because people can't be trusted to be responsible with their food and get themselves killed. Just like people can't be trusted with having an assault rifle or a machine gun.

Most important thing you gun nuts need to understand is this "Gun Control" =/= "Gun Ban". We're not trying to ban all guns, we're just trying to control how people get them like everything else in the country.

• 1) I have never, NEVER heard of someone stuffing food into someone's mouth to make them choke. But I have heard of many, MANY

• "1) I have never, NEVER heard of someone stuffing food into someone's mouth to make them choke."

^actually "stuffin fetish" xists... and choke can occur often in such cases...

• Self defense is using necessary force to protect yourself. When you pull a gun and shoot an unarmed person, that is beyond necessary. If you pulled it and they still came at you even though you had shown thenm that you had a gun aimed at them, then you could get away with the shooting, but your first statement was to pull it and shoot him in the hand, whcih could miss and kill him without you giving hem a chance to see the gun and back off.

Most people who have had guns stolen had never had someone enter their house before. There is always a fifst time.

• "Self defense is using necessary force to protect yourself. When you pull a gun and shoot an unarmed person, that is beyond necessary. If you pulled it and they still came at you even though you had shown thenm that you had a gun aimed at them, then you could get away with the shooting, but your first statement was to pull it and shoot him in the hand, whcih could miss and kill him without you giving hem a chance to see the gun and back off."

^well... in such cases u might lose yer cool... and chances to miss r high..
      u r desperate to defend yerself so even if u don't want to kill this person... it COULD happen...

"Most people who have had guns stolen had never had someone enter their house before. There is always a fifst time."

^i always lock my door so... ;)

• It's just a matter of perception. I agree with the points you made. :)

"This is my rifle and this is my gun. This isn't for fighting, this is for fun!" ;)

• "ehm, no."
    Look, no country is like USA. And in norway you can get the guns you strictly need. That means bolt action or semi auto hunting rifles, shotguns, and competitive rifles. Handguns are a lot harder to get, simply because of their ease of concealment.
    We got 33 guns per 100 people in average, and usa got 88. Yet the chance of being shot is 1000-and-some times lower.

1. That's true, but accesibility leads to increased usage! So even if the guns don't kill, having a gun makes one more likely to shoot. Thus disarming saves lives.
    2. If everyone get a gun, the tug will just get a bigger gun. And the result is you will have situations similar to the old mafia war where they used THOMPSON GUNS! And remember that the thug got the black market; he will always have access to better guns than the common joe. Also, what's better? Being shot repeatedly, or beaten up?
    Getting a gun is just fucking stupid. It amplifies the damage without directly increasing your chance of survival (quite the countrary. now you got a 9mm in your chestcage instead of a punch to the gut)
    3. Who the fuck in their right minds wander into the wilds unprepared? That's a gold star darwin award right there. And if you need frigin defence, an ok hunting weapon will do. And that's legal in more or less every country ever.
    4. Join a fucking sports shooting organisation! Much better ranges than plinking soda cans, you actually learn how to shhoot PROPERLY, and generally it's just a much better idea. Also, competition rifles IS a thing!
    5. spend 5k on a gun, or 5k on ANYTHING ELSE THAT RETAINS ITS VALUE! Different shit, same outcome!

So overal you sound like a redneck.

People, did you know that FLAMETHROWERS are allowed for civilians in more or less all American states? nope, that's not bullshit.

Yeah, USA seems fucking ridicolous to anyone from Europe.

• You are right man, though, lots of people tend to misuse guns...

• While I agree that we should have the right to bear arms here and those who decide to do so are perfectly within those rights as are those who don't decide to do so, I don't agree that we can take what we have decided as a society in America and project the same values or the same decisions on others around the world as they are their own societies. If they decide not to then they have valid reasons not to, just as we have valid reasons to have our gun rights here. I don't think it's fair to say that everyone should accept gun law worldwide just as it's not fair for anyone to say we as Americans should get rid of ours. I do however believe we have to get smarter with ours in terms of better mental evaluations when selling weapons and ammo as well as if someone is found to be mentally unstable then the gun should be sold and the proceeds used to treat the person.

• 1 - Guns and food are not comparable. We NEED food to survive. Guns are made to kill people. Food isn't.

2 - No no no... There is so much chance of you just killing the person. His hand would be a moving target. Maybe shoot him in the leg? You could shoot a major vein/artery easily and again legs are moving targets. You'd be better off learning self defence.

3 - Just no. Why would you randomly wake up in a forest? With your own gun? Alone?

4 - This just promotes gun use, and that equals violence. I mean, there is kid's brithday parties held at shooting ranges. Is this good entertainment for children? Even if it's an adult. Just get a hobby that isn't about killing people.

5. Chances are, if someone could afford a gun then they wouldn't need to sell it. Plus, they'd be keeping it for their own personal safety. There is plenty of other things to sell besides guns.

It's perfectly rational to be afraid of guns. They are literally killing machines.

• 1) but food can kill u as well... that's y i brought it as an xample... but ok forget it...
      2) u gotta defend yerself somehow in this case anyway though...
      3) IF in case...
      4) of course u shouldn't do such a thing when kids around...
      5) it'd belong to some of his/her family members... he/she wouldn't want it personaly so...
      6) killing machine only for those who r mentally ill... ;)

• "Even if there is legal intentions there are other more logical tools to use"

^of course if there r legal intentions... when cops come into yer house and u won't open.. won't they use a gun to smash da lock?

• No, they use a battering ram to open the door and that's IF they are doing a raid. Think about it, if the police had a warrant to get into your house etc and they were anticipating a locked door, do you not think they would of prepared for that? "Oh, forget the boltcutters or battering ram, let's shoot the lock with bullets", that''s ridiculous. Only in the movies do they shoot locks open, because in the real world it's not logical to do that

• The problem is there are very many people for whom guns are unfamiliar and almost magical totems of death. Guns are no use to them because they would be unable to use one effectively. Guns are no use to them, so no one should have guns. It's a rational position given their irrational fear.

• im not American but i think you need to be trusted with a gun, but yeah they should be allowed if a lot of people dont have them and its not allowed to be given to people with any violent background or or a violent personality