The Benefits of Traveling ✈

The Benefits of Traveling ✈

Let's all admit it, I'm pretty sure we all love to travel right? Be it only a short vacation in the country or a long one overseas, it's always best when we could take our mind off something and relax ourselves.

I, for one, loves to travel all the time! 💙 Something about traveling - exploring new cultures, their local food and stuffs like that makes me curious and interested in knowing and learning about them. I personally believe that it's important to see the world and the various cultures around the world, it lets us open our minds to new things and we get to experience life in many different ways.

So here's a few reasons as to why I said traveling is beneficial to all of us.

1. It gives us the opportunity to disconnect from our regular life

We all have our own crazy schedules, work, studies and for some, a family to take care of. Going for a holiday alone or maybe with some friends can give you a distance you get to forget your problems or issues for some time.

2. It increases our knowledge and widens our perspective

When I travel to a country, I'd make it a point to try their local food instead of the ones that I could find back in my own country. Some cultures use spices and herbs to give taste and not fats or oils. Some cultures don't eat spicy food whereas some does. It varies, and it's amazing to explore different cultures.

3. It enables us to make new friends from around the world

Perhaps its because I'm more talkative, but one thing that I've learned from traveling ever since I was young is that its rather easy to make friends even though sometimes language could be a problem, but its always possible.

4. It's always a learning process for us

You'll start to realize as to how little you actually know about the world you're in. When we travel, we may noticed that sometimes those stuffs said about the country may end up being very different than what we heard from the world.

If you have some time off, I'd suggest you to take that trip and experience what life has to offer. Don't wait or tell yourself that there will be a better time to go, there's no better time than now.

mskay is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• Disadvantages of traveling, debt, debt and o yeah a bit more debt, tickets to some countries alone cost a thousand dollars or more even at discount rates not to mention hotels and other stuff, but there's even more then that like passports. And some countries will actually deny travel visa's and for countries like Australia. Where the dollar value is lower then say the US and you wanted to come here then you'd have to save a lot longer traveling is fantastic when you have the money but for most of us it isn't really an option a lot of the time.

• Thank you for this take. I really do enjoy travelling when we get the opportunity to go. I often plan my trips to travel off the beaten track... seem some really beautiful places. Love to see mountainous regions of the world... rejuvenates my soul... went to Tibet a few years ago and got to see some of the highest peaks in the world... it was spectacular.

Also i love to try different cuisine's and experience diverse cultures

• Yup trying different cuisine is definitely one of my fave experience ever 😊

• I know, i love that stuff... ah... nothing better than a lovely home cooked meal

• Yeahh gotta agree with that ahah ☺

• Awesome take

• And who knows if a great opportunity is waiting for you there ;)

• Your last point is one the most important benefits of traveling. The world is a huge place and we don't know anything if we've not travel to other places.

• I'm South African. Most of us can't travel much. It's like a 1st world privelage. Did you know the USA actually denies South African visas often. Before we can go see America we have to get an interview at the U. S. Embassy. Then even if we do get it, it's like a 3-5 year save for the average South African to see a place like America or Australia. It's unfair. Anyway... that's life.

• I don't know about USA denying S. Africans visas as I'm not an American, and I never really bother to know because I've not applied for a visa to the states, hence why.

Yeah some countries require lots of money to be saved..

• Wow I never knew there's so much benefits to traveling!

• Oh traveling sure does benefit us in one way or another 😄

What Girls Said 7

• Great take! :)

• My heart is not complete until I've left it all over the world. <3

• Ah yesss!! Agree with ya on that 💙

p/s : I remember you were only 22 right? Or did I remember wrongly, or you just turned 23? 😳🙈

• Ahah okays 😅 I thought I was remembering wrongly lol 🙈 I kind of like give different birthdays for every accounts I have lol! Except my emails one 😂

• Lmao riiiiiight! I never give out personal info.

• Great take :)

I really want to travel to Dubai! Aghh ❤❤

• Thank you ^^

Omg yes Dubai is so awesome! 💙💙

• I agree with you very much on your fourth point! We don't know what the world holds for us until and unless we've gone out of our comfort zone to explore it!

• Hey MsKay!

Great take. I, myself, love to travel.

From all the reasons you mentioned, probably because I love to get to know new cultures and customs, see how people live, and what's enchanting and unique about their country.

Even when I meet foreign people (be it in Portugal or online xD) I feel like it is so easy for me to make connections. I don't know why but it is like my alter ego or like the persona that doesn't get a chance to explore and roam around during my day to day life comes out!

And what you said in your last point is probably the most important reason. You never really get to fully know or understand something until you experience it for yourself or see it with your own eyes. That hands on knowledge is probably one of the most important things people can get from travelling.
    It helps us keep an open mind about not only different customs but also about ways of thinking.
    It is important that we get a deeper understanding about people and not let it be only a superficial one. I guess that is why many people like to judge others. Because they dont see where they are coming from. What kind of circumstances are motivating their ways of thinking and being.

I'd say a lot of people would bennefit more from an open mind and travelling is for sure a way to broaden your horizons.

So when you travel, travel with the right mindset ;) Be prepared to get really immersed in a new way/style of thinking :)

• Yup, the right mindset is always ze best when traveling 😊 Some cultures their food and way of living is totally different from mine and tbh the first few days I'd have to adjust myself real well 😅

Thank you ^^

• Traveling is so fun! ❤

• Awesome take babe!