100 Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Than Humans

Hello, my name is MissNowhere and I'm obsessed with dogs.

As the ultimate animal lover that I am, I've ALWAYS loved animals, especially dogs, way more than people. That will never ever change. Unfortunately I don't have a dog of my own (at least not yet) but that doesn't change the fact that I love them endlessly. I adore them so much that I fail to understand how some people in the world could dislike them. Yes, I may be obsessed with dogs and not too fond of humans, but it's all for a good reason. Or, should I say, 100 reasons:

1. Dogs aren't evil. They're innocent as can be. No dog is born evil.

2. Dogs don't start wars. No dog has ever started a war. Well, definitely not a real war.

3. Dogs don't discriminate.

4. Dogs don't initiate hatred.

5. Dogs aren't sexist.

6. Dog's aren't racist. They don't care about your skin color, not even a little bit.

7. Dogs aren't hypocrites. In this world full of hypocrites, it's extremely refreshing.

8. Dogs don't lie. If they don't like you, they'll let you know. If they do like you, they'll let you know.

9. Dogs don't fake their feelings.

10. Dogs don't hide their feelings.

11. Some dogs make better parents.

12. They ask for very little. All they need is your love, food and shelter.

13. You can always count on their loyalty. I believe they are the most loyal creatures on Earth. With humans, you can never be sure.

14. They are covered in soft fur. They're like living, breathing stuffed animals. And they even let you pet them as much as you want.

15. Dogs have big, beautiful eyes. If you ask me, those eyes are so much cuter than human eyes.

16. They look at you with adoration out of those big eyes. And that produces warm, fuzzy feelings.

17. They aren't conceited. They don't know that they're cute. However, most humans who are cute are well aware of it. It's impossible for dogs to be conceited.

18. Dogs know how to have fun without worrying about looking silly or stupid. Majority of people are too insecure to truly let themselves go.

19. They don't care if you look like a total weirdo. You can leave the house looking your absolute worst, but your dog still won't be embarrassed being seen with you in public.

20. They have no prejudices or preconceived ideas about others. They love you for who you are.

21. Dogs are good for your soul.

22. Dogs are good for your heart.

23. Dogs are good for your mind.

24. Dogs don't play emotional games. No mind games, none of that. They keep it real.

25. They're good at being quiet companions. Dogs seem to instinctively know when you're in need of some quiet time. Humans often really don't get the hint, they just can't shut the fuck up.

26. Dogs make us feel important. They sure have the power to make us feel like we're the center of the universe.

27. They're always happy to see you. Have you ever had a human jump up and down from excitement when you come home from work?

28. Dogs never ask to borrow things. They will never ask to borrow your money, car, clothes...

29. They don't have ulterior motives.

30. They can help heal a broken heart. Your dog will always be there for you when you're going through a romantic disaster.

31. Dogs are the best listeners. They will never try to interrupt or story-top you.

32. Dogs can't talk. Which means no dog will ever insult you, yell at you, belittle you or catcall you.

33. Your dog won't make plans without you. You're always invited to every walk and fetching game.

34. Dogs are the best cuddle buddies.

35. Dogs know how to appreciate the little things. Lots of people seriously lack this ability.

36. They're always up for adventure.

37. Growing up with a dog is something special. Every child should grow up with a dog. You have your personal protector and pillow from day one.

38. They don't judge you for your flaws. They'll accept them with no second thoughts.

39. They're really good at sharing.

40. Dogs are there to help you clean up your messes. Especially when they're food-related.

41. Materialistic stuff doesn't matter to them.

42. You can trust them with all your secrets. None of them will be spilled.

43. They will always be your fangirl (or boy).

44. They have the ability to cheer you up when you're sad. They're professionals at turning that frown upside down.

45. Dogs are selfless.

46. They teach us to be selfless.

47. They are amazing at helping you make friends.

48. They are amazing at helping you land a date. Let's be real, dogs are way better wingmen than people.

49. Dogs don't think too much, they just do what they feel like. People tend to overthink and overanalyze EVERYTHING. Dogs are so much more simple.

50. They never whine or mull over what could be. Whatever comes their way, they find a way to enjoy it.

51. Babies are cute, but puppies are so much cuter.

52. They are always your partner in crime.

53. They improve your health.

54. They calm people in crisis.

55. They're incredibly smart. Sometimes dogs can even sense if you have cancer.

56. It doesn't take much to win a dog's heart. Some treats and a belly rub, and mission accomplished.

57. They have the purest intentions ever. They will never be jealous of your happiness. They want the best in the world for you.

58. Dogs and their sloppy kisses... You know you love them.

59. You can play all sorts of pranks on them and they will never complain. What better friends to have?

60. They're always up for a road trip.

61. They keep you moving. When you have a dog you are basically forced to get some exercise yourself, even if it's just the daily walk. It's inevitable.

62. Dogs have special healing effects.

63. They're always down to party. Their zest for life is contagious. You rarely see a dog in a bad mood.

64. They don't ask you a thousand questions, and yet they know everything. You don't need words to communicate with them. They know the way around your heart, much better than anyone else does.

65. They never peer pressure you into doing things you don't wanna do.

66. Dogs are the happiest creatures ever.

67. Dogs never hog the bathroom.

68. Dogs never hog the computer.

69. They are always in the mood. Your dog won't tell you it's a bad time if you want to run your hands all over his/her body.

70. Dog is not a Republican. Or a Democrat.

71. A dog will never sneak up on you. Don't have to worry about getting scared unexpectedly.

72. Dogs' emotions are easy to read. Unlike most humans.

73. They keep you warm in winter.

74. A dog won't be mad at you for forgetting his/her birthday.

75. A dog will never laugh at you for your singing or tell you you're off pitch.

76. Dogs don't mind if you smell bad. They may even prefer it.

77. Dogs aren't picky eaters. They take what they can get.

78. When dogs do something wrong, they admit it and apologize immediately. Ok, maybe not verbally, but it's all in the eyes!

79. Dogs don't mind morning breath. They'll kiss you to death anyways.

80. They make friends with everyone. It's amazing how easily dogs become friends with other dogs.

81. They make exercise a priority. People should really learn from dogs. Not only they love exercising, they also know how to make it fun.

82. Dogs don't care about aging. They don't worry about wrinkles and all the other stuff. They're just happy to be around.

83. No matter how sick you are, your dog has no problem getting up close and personal with you.

84. They're easier to entertain. Seriously, they are so easily amused by things.

85. They aren't lazy. Sure, there's always exceptions, but in general humans are WAY lazier than dogs.

86. Dogs don't bring drama.

87. They aren't afraid to get dirty.

88. Dogs give you 24/7 protection. Of course not all dogs are meant for protection, but most of them do make you feel safer.

89. Dogs don't ask dick size questions.

90. Dogs don't hold grudges.

91. They're basically super heroes. It's not uncommon to read in the news about dogs saving someone from something.

92. When everyone else hates you, your dog will still love you. Even when it seems liks the whole world is against you, you always know you can count on your dog to be right there by your side.

93. Dogs make the best workout buddies.

94. Dogs can be trained.

95. Dogs seriously calm you down in high-stress situations.

96. Your dog can be your cure for loneliness. When you have no special people in your life, your dog will definitely make you feel a little less lonely.

97. Your dog will force you to be social, for better or for worse. If you have a dog, you HAVE TO leave your house sometimes, which forces you to interact with people, especially since many people love to come up and say hello to the pup.

98. They would risk their life for you. How many people would do that?

99. They're perfect just the way they are.

100. Dogs give the most unconditional kind of love. Theirs is the most unconditional love you will ever receive. People may change and friends may grow apart, but a dog's love only grows stronger.

Hopefully no one gets offended by this take. There's no need to take all said above too seriously or personally. This isn't me talking about every single person obviously, but rather the human species in general. This isn't me attacking people, this is a celebration of the angels on Earth aka dogs. Hope you enjoyed. Peace out! โœŒ

MissNowhere is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 28

• Sorry, but most of these reasons bare no merit because of your infatuation with dogs. Most of the "dogs do this while evul humans are evul and do that bcus they r evul" can be countered with plenty of instances where dogs aren't all that shiny themselves. Dogs are emotional mammals - just like humans. That means they can be just as kindhearted as they can be cruel. I can personally attest to that:

1) I have never had random humans yell and scream at me when I was simply passing them by, minding my own business. Unlike with dogs.
    2) I have never encountered humans PERPETUALLY angry and distrustful of completely every stranger ever. Unlike dogs.
    3) AND I have never been bitten by a grown human for absolutely no reason whatsoever and scared out of my mind when I was just a fucking kid...

So no. I'm not saying I hate dogs. In fact I will very likely get one in the future. But all I'm saying that the notion that they're better than humans is in my opinion completely absurd. My experiences just tell me otherwise.

• That's true. We have different opinions, obviously, I respect that. I'm just saying that I've met plenty of idiots and jerks but that doesn't stop me from socializing with other humans. Too bad that one unlucky experience is going to lock your perception of dogs.

• @Flex4Ever Yes, too bad but that's just how it is.

• I believe dogs are wonderful! I really do! I had some of the best dogs in the world growing up. I'm thinking about getting one right now, but I'm not sure if I should keep a dog since I might be going to live on a boat. We'll see.

I do believe, however, that dogs and indeed all pets, while wonderful and we should keep them and I wish all the people who keep them the happiness they deserve, are not, nor should they be, a substitute for interaction with other humans.

It is precisely because dogs and pets don't judge us and love us unconditionally that they are not substitutions for human interaction. They do not afford us opportunities to grow as humans and learn how to better interact with other humans. I'm sure Blondie never judged Hitler, and probably loved him unconditionally. I'll bet Blondie's offspring never judged the Goebels, either.

Sometimes humans need to be judged. Sometimes we need to learn things beyond cuddling with animals. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs (and other pets), and I hope others do, too! But I don't see them as a substitute for interacting with other humans.

• I still value the life of an unknown person over the life of a dog. However, there are some people out there that are beyond evil and I'd choose to save a cricket before I'd save them.

I saw two separate articles about two separate cases of psycho bitches that blow torched their own respective dogs to death just because they wanted to. It made me feel more sick than anything before. Animals may kill each other as a way of life but they don't go to extreme lengths to torture and murder each other just for fun.

• Look, dogs are great. I love dogs, but they aren't better than the best people, and some dogs do indeed suck, especially older dogs that might have been abused or trained to suck by their owners.

Fact is that I can only pretend to have a stimulating conversation with a dog, and can only learn basic stuff from dogs. They have no deep and real insight to offer.

Sure, you can talk to a dog and it will respond, and you can learn some basic stuff about life from a dog (like perspective - my problems are stupid, this dog just needs to play fetch and he's happy), but you can't have an intellectual conversation that will solve a difficult problem or offer deeper insight into the human condition. And some of us need that.

Therefore, if you can easily substitute a dog for all human companionship, you're probably not the girl for me anyway.

• the pic on #45

<3

• Lovely take - Most will appreciate where it came from - I agree dogs are a far better species than humans in general

• It's no doubt best take on dogs, but I still hate dogs, the stray ones in my locality, barked and tried attack me or bite me, when I was younger, that loud bark and animalistic behavior I had to face occasionally around my house, with those dogs during day and night when I was around 6-12 years old and bunch of 5-6 dogs, they used to hunt pigs in our locality. Everytime I faced then I shit bricks at that small age, I seen them eating and tearing alive pigs into pieces! I was sacred everytime I saw them, that this would be my condition, if I loose one confrontation with them! I don't remember how many rocks and bricks I threw at them to make my way through and to stop them from attacking me.
    I always see an animal in them, unless they are little puppy, otherwise they are just a beast! Next time attack me I will play a lamet throw using its tail or rip it's head off.

• I love little puppies. Like innocent kids.
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pui41Cxem7Q
      Like this one, loved this video. You will love it too.
      Didn't know it was your take Love โค.

• @Flex4Ever, well a kid of the height of 2-3 feets is not a threat, so definitely a prey, and prey defends itself. Well I didn't said I was killing, dogs, but if next time it attacks it will be his last attack.

• @Flex4Ever I know dog belongs to canis family not the felidie,

• i'm not the first to say it, nor the last. "when i meet someone new, i trust a good dog's attitude to a person more than i trust the person"
    Dogs don't lie or trick, and they seem to have an ability to sense a person's "vibes".

• This has got to be the best take of the year.

Dogs are obviously better than common humans indeed. I totally feel it.
    About unconditional love: Absolutely agree! The true essential love essence are only left on dogs because dogs don't care anymore :) :D

Since humans are battling instead of co-operating like a whole, we can't get anything done but only generate unappreciated things like forever.
    Dogs aren't letting their best friend - the human and his owner - down. Never.

http://i.imgur.com/eMXjo5I.jpg
    Dogs!

• I usually stay away from mytakes but I had to read this one. And this isn't bullshit at all, good job. Damn I still can't believe you gave 100 reasons.

• Na fam, now I feel like I ripped of yours!
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a23182-facts-about-cats-yusibear

Great take but I'd have to disagree with a few, actually quite a lot lol

• 6. Dog's aren't racist. They don't care about your skin color, not even a little bit.

My sister-inlaws yorkie might make you think otherwise :x

• Don't quite know what I would do without my pup... I definitely relate to this "take". I get that same look all the time on 72! lol

• Dogs are better than humans because they're dogs, not because these 100 reasons. They'd be shittier than humans if they could do stuff like us 😜

• Ehh too many things wrong with this Take, but I get what you're saying.
    I still prefer humans.

• Like what?

• Ehh I guess it also depends on your definition of evil. If we go by the definition of "morally bad or wrong", dogs can't be evil since their brains aren't advanced enough, they don't have the moral capacity to make that sort of decisions or to have that intent.

• Again, what kind of "evil"?
      Dogs wouldn't do anything if there wasn't a purpose in doing it. Humans hurt, shame and whatever else they do, just for the fun of it. Punching some random person wouldn't do anything for you (some people still do it), but if a dog attacked an animal it'd be because the dog would feel threatened or in any other way intimidated.

• Anyone who denies this post officially has no soul.

• if it came down to saving dog vs human, im saving the human. dogs are great, but i have more love for our own kind.

• I agree. I can't believe I actually read all of that. Great take 👍

• Next time someone calls you a bitch, take it as a compliment B)

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 18

• I got to say the title shocked me!

But when u think about it... dogs are the most loyal creature. There's a reason why they are called a man's best friend.

• Ahhh, you posted images of an Australian Shepherd and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel! They are among my list of favorite dogs, though that is a long list admittedly. :)

I just love #89: "Dogs don't ask dick size questions." Hilarious. Of course you threw that in there. ;P Great myTake overall!

• Ahah, yes, they're such cuties. 🐶
      I had to include that lol xD
      Thanks! 😊

• Yeah, you can't go wrong with most breeds, though! They're all cute in their own way. :) Hahahaha, I did a double-take while reading that one just to make sure I read it correctly. Sure enough. xD

You're welcome! Very heart-warming and it made me smile!

• Yeah, I'm afraid of dogs. Always have been, probably always will be. It's frightens me a little to know that you'd gladly save a dog over a human tbh. But that aside, it is pretty impressive that you came up with 100 reasons

• Why are you afraid of them? :O

• Not necessarily sure what, if anything triggered it. I just have been scared of them since I was younger. Then my mom get bit by one trying to shield me. And it was a smaller dog, but it still bit her. Which just intensified the fear.

• Omg I love this a lot I can't believe you came up with 100 reasons. I would save my dogs over a murderer any day! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

I wrote a take exactly like this months ago. It was my first take ever! I would appreciate if you checked it out! ๐Ÿ˜

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9476-10-reasons-dogs-are-better-than-people

• annnd I LOVE you for writing such and awesome mytake.. <3 <3 <3 you know I am obsessed with theses adorable creatures.. who treat their owners like they are gods.. <3 <3 everything about this take..

• Wow. It sure looks like you put a lot of effort into writing this. But it was worth it! Great take, love :)

• I ADORE dogs and I miss mine :'( Beautiful and true myTake

• Haha No question about that! ^-^

• I love dogs <3

• Dogs are good at having litters.

• I want a dog now ยค___ยค I've always admired cats but after reading this I decided to buy a dog! ☆☆☆☆☆awesome take, kind of emotional!

• Humans aren't born evil either...

But yes, dogs are great.

• this is an amazing mytake and I totally agree!!! thanks for this its awesome!!! :D

• Loved your post.. although I am a mega cat person

• True they are indeed angels!
    I never read long takes ( I know I am lazy) but it was so amazing I loved every second of it!
    Great take!!

PS: I can't believe you wrote 100 reasons. I would never question someone's enthusiasm ever again.

• I can give a few real life examples why not all dogs are better than humans.

• But generally speaking dogs treat their owners better than kids treat their parents.

• Dogs are God's gift to people. Dogs seriously can teach us a thing or two about love!

• nice mytake 😊 I like dogs more then people too