5 Things I Believed as a Child

1. If you pull an eyelash out it won't grow back

(I was once upon a time in the habit of pulling my eyelash's out. Don't ask why, just a nervous habit I guess. I stopped pretty much the moment I was told this however.)

5 Things I Believed as a Child

2. If you pick your nose your finger will get stuck

(Another habit I had as a kid. Yes. I did just admit that. Hey, some of you ate shit as children, so don't start.)

3. Black people are bad

(I do not believe this now. I was maybe twelve the first time I ever saw a black person as I grew up in a very white dominated town. My parents never spoke to me about skin colour, and given my dad was teased for looking like a 'spear chucker' (aboriginal) as a kid. You can guess the attitude around me wasn't very good.) (Also, this was a great movie)

4. You have to close the curtains at night because if you don't a monster will see you sleeping and eat you

(I wsn't told this one. I made it up on my own. Well why else do you have to close your curtains? I mean it's not like you want your room to be dark at night is it? Actually I still don't fully understand. That's why mine just stay closed indefinitely)

5. Life is easy

(Holy mother of crap was I wrong.)

So there you have it. Five beliefs I had as a child. (From before ten or so years old).

What were some things you believed?

BaileyisDarcy is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• I used to believe my lego men came to life. I fucking swore to that the would change places during the night.

• When I was a kid I thought you had sex by putting your penis in her belly button.

• that I would have a family and go to the moon lol actuall childhood goals

• Number four is real. Murderers and psychos.

... yeah I'm probably not helping.

• Rabbit-Proof Fence is an amazing film!

I used to believe the "olden days" used to be in black and white!

• Me too , until my mom told me the olden days looks liked this

• My teacher told us as a class a few weeks ago of a student of hers (in year seven or eight) who asked when the world turned color. So you both are definitely not the only ones XD I did believe it I think until inbsaw Wizard of Oz.

• I don't think I ever questioned black people. I definitely knew a black kid when I was 5, and I don't think anything in particular went through my head.

• I believed that when I'd grow up I'd be swimming in money, be a hit with the ladies, win an olympic gold in all the events, cure cancer, lead the first manned expedition to Mars, have a big enough dong to play cricket with... Sometimes I think, delusions like these as a kid, are the real things that drives my suicidal thoughts and deathwishes

• Aww darn! you never stood a chance with all those ideas.. you were destined for disappointment man..

• @noisette91: I think I still have a shot at earning bucketloads of undeserved money... Maybe then I'll finally be able to attract a couple of easy women...

• I believed that refineries were cloud factories.

• I used to believe in God and an afterlife. Then I turned 16 and grew out of those imaginary friends.

• I used to think that clouds are made of cotton, they every year go to sea, take a dip get filled with water! Fly through the sky giving us rain and then again go to dip in the sea.

• When I was very young, the first time I saw a black person, I though they were just someone who had never taken a bath in their life.

• I should not be laughing at that.

My brother was six the first time he saw a black person, he walked up to the man, looked up and asked him why he was black.
      My stepmother raged for the next few weeks about how the guy called my brother rude, but dammit I don't blame the guy. If some kid came up to me and asked me why I was white I'd call them rude too. Besides it's my stepmothers own fault for her son being ignorant for raising him in an ignorant, white town.

• Lol, I believed that Santa Claus is a State employee, just like the postmen, policemen, firemen etc :P

• When i was younger i always thought that under big rocks trolls or gnomes were living (you know, the mytiological trolls). So i always got anxious when i came near rocks.

• Lights have to be on, otherwise there are too many places for monsters to hide, but the monsters are afraid of the light!!

• Can't remember literally anything of my life before a few years ago. But I bet I believed in Santa clause

What Girls Said 14

• Even as a kid.. I didn't believe these things lol

I really can't recall about these kind of things...

I used to shower with my mom, one day she fell and she asked me if she was hurt, I saw her ass and said "Mom, you cracked your ass"

Maybe I thought asses didn't have a line in between XDDDD

• Mines was i believed that i would build disney land in my back yard and take care of my parents when they are old. Though I do live on a farm so I have the space for it. :D

When it came to race I never thought about it. I honestly didn't care to me they were a person and acted like anyone else.

Though girls scared me the most and I thought they were the most evilest things in the world. That they would stab you the second they got the chance. Boys were always nice and care free when I was a kid.

Also when my grandma told me about god i guess. Everytime the weather changed I thought that was because his mood change. Now I feel really silly and kind of stupid for thinking that. :D I do not believe in god now.

• That's interesting. It's always funny when people tell me about stuff they believed as a child, because I can't remember any of the stuff I believed. Either I didn't believe in weird shit, or I've just forgotten about all of it? No matter how hard I try to remember, I can't think of anything.

• Here are some of the things I believed:
    1- that our hearts had the shape of hearts <3
    2- I truly believed that our neigbour was evil and that she would try to kidnapp me and my friend, (because she colored her nails a different color each and kept them too long.. go figure?)
    3- I believed in evil spirits, and my parents never let me sleep with them no matter how much I begged :( I spent certain nights with all of my lights on!

• Number one isn't true? :O

• #5, hahahaha. The thing is... I thought life was hard back then! Now that's where I was really wrong! Life was so much easier when I was younger.

• Five beliefs I had:
    1) That thunder and lighting was God bowling, getting strikes and spares.
    2) That toads gave you warts.
    3) The boogy man lived in the closet and under the bed. (I still get scared because clearly I'm a puss. I have had my bed on the floor since I was five and don't have a closet now).
    4) That if you wished on stars they came true.
    5) That if you told yourself you weren't cold then you could actually warm yourself up. (Not sure if its a subconscious thing but it actually really works for me to this day).

• Oh, I believed I could walk on clouds too. I often talked to my mom about how I wanted to "sleep on the clouds" like they did in movies.

• The thing about sleeping on clouds (or the moon) and wishing on starts are definitely true.
      Maybe not the clouds, but surely wishing on a falling star must be true!

• @dipta it has to be!

• The last one 😂😂😂😂

• When I was about 3,4,5,6 and 7 years old I believed that Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the boogie man was real

• Apparently when i was little i thought you had to get out of the bathtub before you pulled the plug out otherwise you'd get sucked down the drain. I'd cry anytime my mum tried to pull the plug with me in the tub. My mum apparently enjoyed watching me suffer.

• I taught my little brother that back when we shared baths. I was an evil sister.

• Haha i just think of it as a lesson in gullibility.

• Oh my god! Do you remember watching the rugrats? I used to think the same thing and then I just happened to watch the rugrats one day and Tommy was being sucked down the drain lmao that's probably where the fear came from!

• When i was young, I used to believe main characters never die then I read Bridge to Terabithia and was very upset at the end.

• Ah that book. I feel sorry for the kids I know who had to study that book, school ruined it for them. I love that book. It made me cry. The movie made me cry.

Damn that book.

• i was totally oblivious when i started reading it thinking it would be a great book about having imagination and friendship. And then at the end i was like, wait is she really dead?

• Black people are bad!

• I thought that trees were making the wind, I was so stupid. 😂

• I used to think that you could learn a language by opening your voice box and putting a different tape in. You know, other than the one that you had (in my case, English).