Why I love Halloween

I love Halloween for many reasons and they may seem cliche but I don't care.

Costumes

Why I love Halloween.

I love how creative the costumes can be. They range from scary to cute to sexy. I find little kids to be absolutly adorable in their Minion and Elmo costumes. Then there's the creepy skeleton guy covered in black holding an axe (who I got a hug from!). It's always fun to see everyone's ideas and being something you're not for a day (sometimes longer). We can pass by everyone else and see everyones costumes, silently being judged and silently judging theirs haha.

CANDY!

C'mon, this is the only time of the year where it's actually okay to take candy from strangers. Like you don't need to buy any candy unless you hand some out and you get SO MUCH if you hit enough houses. Everyone knows that if the porch light is on = free candy. There's always that one asshole who has their light on but doesn't hand out candy and gets annoyed children come up to their house. Like we don't wanna bother you we want candy! If you have a major sweetooth, this holiday is your day.

Horror movies and being scared

Now this isn't for everyone but for me, horror movies is a year round thing, yes even during Christmas. I love being scared and watching a horror movie after Trick-or-treating is absolutely amazing, or if you don't go out, binge watching it with friends or alone is always fun. A 'zombie' was on a hill while I was walking and I was looking at him and jumped when his friend came out from behind a tree. All I did was gasp and place my hand on my heart, my sister hid behind me so he started dancing for her. A werewolf then tried to scare me again and I snubbed him by pushing by him rudely. I felt bad but oh well haha, I was scared even though I knew I wasn't in danger, and now I want to hug those people. They did what they were supposed to!

The aesthetic of fall

Now I know some mat not enjoy Autumn but I love how it looks, I don't like the weather though. It's very pleasing to [my] the eye to see dead trees, leaves falling and the color of the leaves, red, orange, green and yellow. It's windy usually so it twirls around and makes them seem as if they're dancing. At night, the trees are empty, it's chilly and the leaves get blown on the ground which may cause a creepy feel and I love that.

Lastly, the people who consider it "The devil's birthday"

I find it funny that some people don't celebrate Halloween because they think it's Satan's birthday. If they were correct, practically no one would celebrate it. Lucifer actually was an angel and he fell, so he wouldn't have been born. If they did their research they'd know Halloween is because of All Hallows eve, where people wear costumes to confuse and ward off the dead (ghosts and spirits) that may roam the earth. No offence is meant towards those people but I personally find it funny.

Homicidal_Queen is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 23

• Yeah! Halloween!!!

• I just got back from a haunted house I had a blast tonight

• You need to wear nothing on Halloween just your long forehead will do hahahaha😂😂😂jkjkjkjk. Just chilllllllll

• Candy <3<3<3

• I love Halloween the cold air the long lines vegetable Ile 90s pop music oh wait.

• My favorite holiday

• You could have just stopped with Candy! Candy is a great excuse for anything.
    Although I will say there were too many fat kids coming by my house this year.

• Happy Halloween everybody ;)

• I love Halloween myself... wish it was Halloween everyday!

• I love Halloween because the holiday reminds childhood.

• Actually the biggest inspiration was samhain which is an irish/gaelic holiday, originally a harvest festival. They believed on that day the veil between worlds was thinnest, so they would place food out to apease spirits and fairies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain

• I love how you perfectly described your love for autumn as well. Im also an autumn guy. I dont like Summer.. spring is alright and autumn is best to me FOR THE EXACT SAME REASONS YOU DESCRIBED! ... well I also like the weather and you dont but the rest is similar.

• I haven't "loved" Halloween since I was in 7th grade, so 2009. I haven't been trick or treating since then so it's pretty uneventful.

• I love that last picture

• I celebrate Halloween because it pleases the lord jack skellington

• i celebrate Halloween because i grew up doing it

to me its just cany fun and a good time nothing to do with the devil.

his birthday could be sometime in June we dont know

• Ahh, the one night of the year I may roam the streets in my natural form without causing a scene.

• Is it about religion?

• HAPPY HALLOOWEEN

• My fav's r three and four! I can get down with horror movies tonight, the Halloween hype!

AND CONGRATS ON EDITTORRRRRRR

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 18

• nice take... but Halloween is not celebrated here :'(

• Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! I finished handing out candy to the kids so I'm heading out to a block party now!

• I love all the horror movies and scary programmes. I love horrors, gore and all of that stuff so it's nice when there's literally a celebration of it all! :D

• Cool I did know about hallow eve. I love halloween!

• I love Halloween and I really love horror movies

• Yeah I don't get people who consider Halloween "too pagan, and evil" but then turn around and bring a Christmas tree into their home which is basically THE most Pagan thing ever..

• Happy Halloween fellow GaG-ers :)

• I like Halloween and I celebrate it because Iv been doing that since I was a kid and I like dressing up in costumes and instead of going trick or treating I got to give out candy and I was a girl being attacked by birds for this years Halloween and when I gave out candy I gave candy to teenage boys and I think freaked them out with my costume

• great mytake!

• Also- Halloween is traditionally a western Christian holiday.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

• I went to a private school that thought that Halloween and if you dressed up scary, they thought you were a devil worshiper. I am happy I am out of that school and can make my own decisions about things without my judgment clouded by them. I don't think they would be happy if they found out, I did a scary pumpkin this year (I based it off the pumpkin from the headless horseman) I also love how every TV show makes their own Halloween special episode.

• Well hello editor! Nice mytake.. and I Love Halloween too.. 💕💖🎃🎃🎃

• I love Halloween too :D

• Happy Halloween people :)

• Nice my take! I love Halloween! It's my favorite Holiday. I love scary movies, all you can eat candy, all the different lights and decorations and details of costumes. It's a fun night for kids and adults all around. Good job!

• I personally think that it's the best holiday of the year especially considering it's during Autumn/Fall.

Nothing can beat the cool crisp breeze, the beautiful colors of the trees, the animals preparing for hibernation and Halloween only makes it better with the costumes, candy, trick or treating, costume contest, parties, haunted houses :)

Anyways good job on the mytake and Happy Halloween 💀😈👻
    www.happyhalloweenimages-2015.com/.../...ges-4.gif

• Nice Take! I love Halloween as well. I love Fall, horror movies and the costumes can be really cool... either creepy, cute, beautiful, or original. I like the creativity that goes behind some of the costumes, that's why this year I'll be handing out candy so I can see them.

• My favorite one is #2 lol