The perks of having a dog!

Of course, these four-legged balls of fur may bring some hardships and difficulties, but the advantages of owning a pooch outweigh the crap out of them :D So, let's get cracking!

1. Keeps you active!

The perks of having a dog!

Once a dog enters your life, your whole lifestyle changes for the better. They require their daily walks, excercise and playtime. Of course, some breeds are the epitome of lazy, but most will get your butt off of that couch! And as much as you might enjoy sitting around, you will feel so much better after getting some fresh air, moving and spending some quality time with your pup.

2. Best cuddle buds!

A warm, furry friend in your bed during cold winter nights? Yes please! Sure, they may take up most of the space or push you out of your bed completely, but they only deserve what's best.

3. Dogs reduce stress

Petting a dog or playing with them increases the levels of oxytocin (a stress reducing hormone) and decreases the amount of cortisol (a stress hormone) produced. The happiness formula: dog + touch = happy!

5. Make you feel better

It kind of goes with #4 but they do so much retarded crap, it just had to be a separate one! You have a bad day at work/school/whatever and then you come home and that dog can be such a mood booster. Whether it be a funny face they pull, chase their tail, get scared of their own fart or sit in their bowl of water, that bit of laughter may be just what you needed to not be a grumpy b*tch anymore.

6. Help you make new friends

Chances are, you may no longer have to approach people, your dog will do the job. If you're a dog person (which you most definitely are, or else you have one unlucky dog) you will want to meet people who like animals. When you take your dog out, you will no longer have to guess if you have anything in commone. They approach your dog - they like dogs, they like dogs - you like them. It's a win-win situation!

7. A friend for life

Although they do this:

And this:

...or this

They will ALWAYS love you, greet you with a wagging tail and be your best friend (only if you feed them though ;) ).

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

• True! I love my dog!!!

• I've never liked dogs, because I was afraid of them as a kid (several bad experiences). But as I grow older, I'm starting to like them, and I may actually consider getting one when I live alone and have enough money for both.

Nice take :)

• Wait are you a cam girl on chaturbate?

• What the heck is that 😂

• 4) Has sex with a girl or act out lesbian behavoir with a girl who may or may not be her Girlfriend on cam.

@Gerduxas

• Ehh, sorry bud, I think you have the wrong person there 😂

• fuck stop no more doge posts i want doge's in my life stupid mom :'(

• Well maybe you could have them later on in life. I really want a horse but we don't have the time or money for one. But I most definitely will in the future, so don't give up on your dreams!

• well horse is a little extreme a dog is a family requirement

• Dogs are awesome.

• I love my pug.

• I think you forgot one more. They make great security alarms.

• Yeah, I still miss my brothers dog he had to put down last winter. She was great and I miss her every time I go to his house. I wish I could have one but spend too much time away.

by the way that last dog and you both have beautiful eyes.

• Lol I'll admit, just clicked to look at the dog pics, but yeah, having a dog is much more the benefit than the suffering.

• I miss my dog 😭😭😭😭😭
    I recently volunteered at a shelter...
    If I could have a dog at my dorm. I would!
    I wanted to adopt so bad 😍😍
    Dogs rule! 🐕🐩🐶

• Yes!!! I've no clue what I'll do when I go college :'(

• Make sure to cuddle/pet/walk/and play catch with your dog as much as possible!
      And everytime you visit home show him/her extra love!

Dogs never forget! Lol!
      My dog is 13 years old now and she remembers me and misses me so much...

When I visit home she doesn't leave my side... Not even for food 😭😭😭🐕

• that dog has creepy eyes

• @OP: did you get pumped and dumped by a hot guy?

• What about self defence. No one will mess with you if you have a dog.

• I actually just thought about that once I posted it :D

• That's not true

• Even if the do is not able to protect you, they will bark. Thieves like to work in silence. They don't want to be disturbed

• The worst thing about owning a dog? Their lifespan is far too bloody short !! The last dog picture is amazing... I have NEVER seen a dog with eyes MY colour , I've got green / blue eyes.

• True that! :'( Well, you should've seen my dog when he was a puppy, his eyes were the lightest blue you could imagine <3

• He's a weimaraner :) they come in long coat, too

• I hate dogs, but you came up with meaningful reasons, especially 6th one. You just shook my core, where I hate dogs.
    Amazing take

• No wonder you are single

• @Kay2221 at first you were funny but now you are mmature and annoying
      Don't make me block you

• Yep sooooo true 😊

• I love dogs. Especially my dogs :-)

• Riiiiiight up until they die :/

• That time is so worth it though

• That’s life! gotta embrace the things in life.

• @Kay2221 Yeah, it's true for all pets and... everything else really.

What Girls Said 10

• After owning my dog I don't want a other dog if I do then it will properly be a medium or large dog.

• You never know. After we had to give away our previous dog (had to move countries), we pretty much swore that we'll never have another. But now, I am a proud owner of a beautiful weimaraner who keeps me going each day!

• They're perfect <3 <3 <3

• Dogs smell really bad.

• Not if you give them a good bath regularly. Mine smells great for weeks and weeks after he gets a bath at the vet.

• I love dogs ❤️😭
    One more: if they're anything like this turd, they protect you from scary garden statues as well 😂
    i381.photobucket.com/.../image_1.jpg

• Cats too. Well... my cat.

• Yes I love my dogs they are cute n perfect. Yes sometimes they are hard work but they are worth it. I rather have dogs than kids. lol.

• Digs and cats smell like shit

• Depends on where you're digging XD

Animals don't smell if they're washed regularly and the only smelly thing about cats is their food and shit box.

• Lmfao that typo though ahhahahahahahhahhahahahhha
      Digs and cats hahahhahahah digs hahahaha
      Lol the reactions

• in most cases, they are like people... If fed proper diets they carry little to no Oder. Now a person who eats like crap, smells awful and has zits and really oily skin

• I love love love them.. 😍😍😍💕💖💓💟💞

• Fact: People who have dogs are 87% more likely to NOT have a heart attack, because they're rarely super stressed!

• Plus you never have to wonder how the oregano ended up at the bottom of the stairs ever again!