The Life Of An Introvert

Always wondered how a life of an introvert is like?

These graphs made by Anna Borges gives you an idea of how that looks like. And the introverts will think probably "yeah exactly!".

The Life Of An Introvert

Hope this helped you to understand introverts a little better.

2737
vekin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• The charts/graphs are perfect. I mean 100% true. One of the first takes I ever wrote was me trying to explain introversion and it got slammed by many an extrovert who felt as though it was literally some type of mental disorder. Like how can any normal person not like to be around 100 people all day every day. I did however find success with my real life friend, an extrovert, whom I broke it down to, and now she totally gets it. She's like, oh, I know that was probably a lot for you, why don't you take a minute. I'm like, yes, YES! It was, and I'll take a minute, you get it, lol!

Most Helpful Guy

• The two best ones.

"I have plans with myself but you probably won't get that so I'll pretend I have plans with some other people."

So true. They won't get it. Extroverts totally don't get that not everyone wants to be a social butterfly.

"Getting home after a long day being around people and having the place to yourself."

Unless you have a SO who was by herself all day and wants to do nothing but talk the minute you walk in the door. Grrrr, give me a half hour pleeeease! I'd rather have two hours, but I'll compromise for a half hour.

This is probably one of the better Takes I've read. So extroverts who want to understand introverts, pay attention.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 26

• Haha BRILLIANT!

It's me in a nutshell... Complete truth.

onegentlemansperspective.files.wordpress.com/.../leonardo-gif1.gif

• This is amazing. I am a hybrid of an introvert and extrovert. I can't explain it but I just am. Being friends with introvert is Ah!-mazing!
    1. The best thing about being friends with introverts is that "They know so much!"
    2. They are like a totally cool person when they open up to you. It feels so good to be that one person they can talk to.
    3. Every time I see an introvert I get this sudden urge to talk to them and make them talk to me. I try not to bother them.
    4. They make boring facts sound so interesting and funny even in a weird way.
    5. Help you with stuff and not show off.
    6. Some of them have a mean streak going on so I often get burned.
    7. I am a book lover so it's fun to discuss books.
    8. They understand when I need their silence and their shoulder.
    9. They will leave you alone when you ask them to but they will linger in shadows just to keep an eye on you in case you are thinking of doing something stupid.
    10. They are simply awesome!

• great completion thank you!

• Feel free to use it

But how did she changr exactly?

• She used to sit all alone on third or fourth bench.
      Once we bonded, She and I would create havoc in class from first bench itself. Sometimes it would be just her and the whole class in guffaws :D
      We had a real serious professor and she would even make him to crack a smile (which was sort of impossible).
      Getting the picture? :P

• This is completely and entirely true.

But I'd like to add that I personally do hate other people.:)

• I loooooooved all of those graphs! The one about how clearly and concisely I can articulate my thoughts in writing versus speaking is so true.

• omg this explains my life! although i dont hate people, and i dont hate being talked to i am just too shy to just randomly start talking to people unless i know them or theyre my friends. although im partly an extrovert as well mostly introvert tho
    thanks for this great mytake :D

• We are old souls <3
    We like alone time, we are not lonely.
    We are no psycho serial awkward killers :D

• great take! this is pretty true for me, especially about phone calls >.< when i do find people i'm comfy with though, i magically transform into an extrovert for a short period while im with them lol.

• This is an awesome take! So true.

• what is the most true for you if I may ask?

• The social calendar: hanging with friends and time to recover from hanging with friends. Simple pleasures graph for sure. I absolutely HATE people-ing! Unless you're someone I know, and even then it depends on how I feel that day, I hate to people. There are a rare few strangers that can just strike up a conversation out of no where that I can get lost in. I like people, I'm just picky and I LOVE being alone, too much sometimes.

• OMG, this is so true! 😱
    Awesome MyTake + drawings by the way. ☺

• I'm an ambivert :) it was so weird before I found out I was because very introverted people thought I was an extrovert and very extroverted people thought I was an introvert 😂

• That totally describes me! Thanks for the myTake it is really cool to see how precise some things are

• I'm mostly an Introvert but sometimes an Extrovert, it just depends.

• Pretty dang accurate! :D You're awesome man keep it up!

• Lol I love these <3

• Yessss yes yes yes!!! Except I don't like reading. Love it. Thank you!

• I never really thought of myself as an introvert but the older I get and the more I develop myself as an artist the more I truly feel like an introvert. And these graphs definitely clarified that.

• Wonderful take I can so relate!

• I carry my iPad rather than a book. I just don't like socialising with anyone. Only very few I actually enjoy and the majority it is forced by life. A lot of people ask if I'm ok, which I am until they ask me that!. Not all of these resonate with me personally but I'm on the same wavelength, nice take.

• " A lot of people ask if I'm ok, which I am until they ask me that" - i understand this completely

• LMAO!!! The "stages of socializing for an introvert" really cracked me up! That's too accurate! But so is most of this. Very very nicely done! You must be an introvert if you know the type so well. : D

• I haven't made these graphs, just have posted them here. But indeed i am.

• Oh my goodness! All of this is so me and so true!

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 36

• Some of this actually describes me especially the part about parties and being busy.
    My main concern however is that I don't find enough like minded people to socialize with, which is why I'm always quiet.

• It's funny because I always score ambivert on those online personality tests, but I really feel like an introvert at heart. So many of these little graphs were totally relatable; especially my fleeting desires to live like Thoreau. The perks are definitely relatable, too. :)

• Excellent take!!

• https://i.imgflip.com/vii3w.png

All you need to know.

• Lol, like 80% of this is true for me

• Yep, it's mostly true, great Take

• Some of these clearly are a bit more about disliking people in general, and not just liking alone time. :p

I think I would be an extrovert normally, but I don't trust people.

• Thank you so much for posting bro. I just loved it. I AM AN INTROVERT and I really mean it...
    Its 100000‰ true in my case.. I wish more and more people see this so that people take us seriously. People often misunderstand us and make fun of us. I am really proud

• Yes be proud on who you are! You good how you are!

• Thank you for this! I'd follow it if I could but I can't.. bookmarked

• Haha, brilliant. So many of these apply to me. I love reading, I avoid talking to people, I avoid answering my phone, and I have a tiny social circle. Pretty sure this is all just because I'm socially awkward, though, because I can't stand being alone.

• basically, this is what a self-confident introvert looks like. unfortunately, introverts often go through stages, thinking they need to behave like an extravert, believing they don't have good people skills (when really and truly, they just don't relate to or particularly want to speak with the people that cause them the most problems about their own self perception). then when you start to realise this is bullshit you go through a 'creep' stage where people think you have some inhuman or animalistic tendency to avoid people while staring into the deep and dark abyss of the lonely self. in actual fact, you enjoy people's company, you just like the alone time as you correctly identified.

but true immersion in complete introversion is the greatest liberation from the sometimes (though not necessarily) mundane nature of extroverted communication: gossip, small talk and manipulative psychology.

• Excellent take! :D :D

• I'm an introvert too, but I think it's an advantage in life.

• This is fun. Good take.

• exactly dude exactly,,, every part is true... :D
    about me...
    why no people understand that...:D

• I'm an isolated introvert and I hate reading/books in general.

• Hahaha I liked this Take, I can relate to some of this since I'm an ambivert.

I always hated when my sister and mother used to call me an antisocial because I decided to spend most weekends at home, alone.

• Hahahaha love this!! I made the transition from introvert to becoming a 100x more gregarious myself. Some of this totally reminded me of grade school-to- high school.

• i'm sorry, not trying to be a dick about it, you putting one sentence and slapping a bunch of graphs even if you do give credit is not writing a take

• not to be a dick but it does make a lot of sense to other introverts.

• regarding your statement --what I think about it you don't care obv you do if you had a comments section lol

• Just shared it because i thought people would like it and many do

• Introversion & shyness are poles apart , yet they are always confused , more natural extroverts are actually shy. I'm happy with just my family , wanting own space is NOT a crime , I've found I need more space as I get older , plus my BS tolerance is dropping , I deal with people in my work sometimes & am glad to get away from them when I'm finished !!

• More from Guys
    16