Suicide is never the answer

Suicide is a major problem. I read a question and this young woman wanted to kill herself. Here is what I said-with revisions.

Whatever you do, do not kill yourself. "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." -Robin Williams.
Suicide does nothing but hurt the ones that love you. I suggest you try talking one of your close friends, if they care enough they will definitely try to help you. If you are depressed, I recommend going to a therapist.

You are a beautiful young person, with a future ahead of you. You may become successful in the future but no one will ever know if you do not continue to live. You have endless possibilities to do in life.
Step out of your comfort zone and do stuff you normally wouldn't do! Stay home binge watching netflix and eating pizza/ice cream. Write a story. Take photos of every little thing you find beautiful. There is so much beauty in our lives, and you're willing to throw it all away?

You will never again feel the comfort of the pillows cradling your head and warm blankets coddling you after a long day. You won't ever again hear the rain fall, creating the tiny beat of a hundreds drums on your roof. You won't ever again feel the warmth from a hug from your best friend. You won't ever feel the harsh breeze of winters breathe across your face. You won't be able to feel the music alive in your veins, the drumbeat matching the beat of your heart when you listen to your favorite song. You won't ever again be able to have your dads scruffy lips kiss your cheek nor your moms soft, solid warmth envelope you with a hug. You won't ever taste your favorite food, prominant on your tongue. Suicide will take all of this away.

Your parents will be heartbroken. They will wonder what they did wrong, why you didn't ask for help. Your little siblings will sit lost and confused as to why their role model didn't love their life.
Your friends will sit in a puddle of self pity because they feel as if they failed at their jobs. Every person whom loves and cares for you will cry for you.

Their hearts will ache at the mention of your name. Their eyes will well with tears when they hear your favorite song come on. They won't ever be able to wear your favorite color again. They won't be able to go to your wedding or watch you be happy in life. You won't be able to watch yourself be happy in life. You will be missing out on everything life has to offer. You have so many possibilities in your life, many paths to walk. Suicide is not a path you wish to fall down. Life is beautiful, every individual life. You are beautiful.

Depression and suicide are very real, and major problems. I recomend visiting a therapist. If you feel like you're alone, you're not. Anyone can message me if they need help. <3

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• Beautiful take - As with all great takes - I totally agree and have nothing to add - Also my door is open if anybody wants to talk.

• Well said and important.

Anybody ever thinking about suicide: Call the emergency number in your country (911, 112 or 999). Just pick up the phone and call.

• "Suicide is never the answer" Umm I disagree. If I ever caught an illness like "cluster headaches" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRXnzhbhpHU , got abducted by a terrorist organization that I knew was going to "torture" me before killing me anyway or had to serve a mandatory 25-year prison sentence (I'd get out when I was 46. So what would be the point in living? Since all the fun years of life would have long passed me by). I'd just do myself a favor and kill myself.

"Suicide does nothing but hurt the ones that love you" Yup, but at the same time isn't it "selfish" of your said "loved ones" to want you to continue living just to keep them happy even tho you're suffering?

• What if someone asked you what it was called when somebody killed him or her self? Then wouldn't "suicide" be the answer?

• Suicide disgusts me, I hate quitters they're nothing but losers.

On the other hand, if you are facing certain death and the suffering would be an unreasonable thing to continue, feel free to call the shot, such as the people on 9/11.

• Id say suicide is a valid and reasonable option for the following

1) If you're ugly.
    2) If you're in unpayable debt.
    3) If you have no family / friends.

If one kills themself for anyone of those reasons, Then hats off to them, Got more balls then me to do it.

• " When your fate wants you dead, even the almighty leaves your side. The stick of truth turns to snake, to bite. And if you still chose to fight to survive, then devil's side is the only choice. Either perish or choose the sins, you wish to live with." - I would just say if you have balls to live with the sins then you can, if you can no longer live with them then you can choose to quit to live.

• I'd just like to say that if someone was 100% serious about ending their life, they wouldn't tell anyone, let alone take the time to ask a question about it then wait for answers. I know someone who attempted suicide and she didn't tell anyone and the only reason she survived was because her mum happened to walk into her room.

• I agree with 2 exeption one your terminal I'll and in to much pain to go on and two you a high ranking military officer your about to be captured and your Intel being captured could cost hundreds of lives

• Suicide is never the answer , its a solution though.

• Nice article, I'll keep it in mind.

• When you've had enough you've had enough.

• You quoted a guy who killed himself to discourage killing yourself.

What Girls Said 4

• ✌🏻👌🏼👊🏻🙏👏🏻

• 👏👏👏👏👏

• That was very well-written.

I think that for people who are bound and determined to kill themselves, no amount of counselling or interventions will be able to sway them. I'm not condoning their actions but I think that there are some people who are unwilling to take steps to end their own suffering in a less permanent fashion.

• Yeah, I don't understand why they always take those kinds of questions down. I mean, I do understand, but I don't understand.
    I can understand flagging/reviewing them -- just to make sure there aren't any assholes saying "Go ahead, jump" or anything else along those lines -- but, beyond that, I don't agree with the decision to take the threads down. This community is surprisingly supportive and non-snarky, to the extent where it really could swing the difference between life and death. You never know. Really, you really never ever know.

I think that was the thread where the girl (I think it was a girl) said she was imagining a news story, with a montage of pictures around her portrait.

I typed up a response, which was basically this:
    Get out a piece of paper. Draw that montage that you had in mind. Then, look at it.
    Okay.
    You're looking at a whole bunch of things TO LIVE FOR... right there.

I've had some girls "on the edge" who've spilled their secrets to me. And the remarkable thing is, most of their reasons for wanting to end it, were also, to a certain extent, reasons to keep on living. Everything has 2 sides.

I've gone through some pretty bad depression myself. It's sort of pointless to write a firsthand narrative of a purely emotional experience, so, I wrote up an analogy, here:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1844182-is-it-possible-to-run-out-of-tears

The one thing that's really important, though, is to avoid approaching the problem in terms of explicitly trying to "fix" it. That's a VERY bad idea, in almost every case.
    It's exactly like trying to move an injured person, at the site of an accident. Unless yr a trained professional who knows exactly what yr doing, yr pretty much just gna injure the person worse. Same thing with trying to "fix" an emotional state like the ones that lead to suicide. People mean well, but they don't understand.