The Near 30's Scare! I Never Want To Be Old!

Oh my gosh, has it happened already?

Ever since reaching the age of 25, I've always thought,

"Wow, I am close to 30".

But never did I think those years would wind itself down so fast.

What's the difference between 27, 28, and 29?, I've asked myself.

Nothing, besides the realization that your age can now be rounded off to 30.

When you were much younger you always thought 30 was old.

It's amazing that now you're almost that age, your perspective as widely changed.

You still feel youthful!

You still feel full of life!

Hell, you can even still pass for someone much younger.

Even though that is the case,

at this point in your life, you find that you are more self aware than ever before.

You thought you knew yourself well 10 years ago,

but now you have an even deeper understanding of who you are.

Your lives journey as taught you that.

The age 30 has got you coming to terms with the fact that from this point on,

your life will continue to move forward at a rapid rate.

It won't be long before you are considered "middle-aged" or "old".

Oh no, what has happened?

Have the tables now turned?

You were considered young your entire life.

But now you aren't because as quickly as 30 came, so will 40, 50 and then 60.

Oh my gosh?

Don't you wish you were 29 all over again!

Doesn't that age seem so young?

We cannot stop aging!

But what we can stop is worrying about the things that we have no control over.

Life is the longest gift any one of us will ever have.

Instead of beating yourself up about getting older,

Instead of dwelling on the fact you may not have accomplished as much as

a person your age,

Instead of wishing things were different than the way they are.

Accept reality, even if it is harsh!

Just L-I-V-E.

There's nothing you can do about the past.

But there's a lot you can do about the future.

Some day we will all grow old.

Some day we will all reflect.

We will realize the little things we used to obsess over, should have never mattered.

Work towards achieving the greatest of your ability.

And if even if you didn't do it as fast as others, remember the race is not for the fastest,

it is for the swiftest.

<3

Your accomplishments will always remain timeless.

2947
Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• The wisdom and confidence that you develop as you get older compensate for some of the physical changes. Teens think that they invented romance and have a monopoly on sex; how could anyone over the age of 40 possibly still be having sex?

News flash! You are never too old to find romance and as long as you are reasonably healthy, you are not too old for sex. Occasionally, I will post an opinion on a sexual topic and a teen will respond that I am a creep for even discussing that subject with anyone. . . "like, ewwww!" My usual response is: "at what age do you plan to stop having sex? At what age will you say that you no longer want romance or love?"

Life changes as you get older but there are always things in life that will bring us joy, satisfaction, excitement, and adventure. You can't change it (getting older) so you might as well embrace it!

Excellent myTake, as usual!

• The physical change in appearance I am dreading.
      I am used to being seen as attractive.
      That will probably be the hardest thing for me.

Thanks for the compliment! <3 Your advice is goal!

I agree with you as well, I don't plan on stopping sex any time soon.
      I will continue as long as my body lets me, even if I am past 80!

• If you look OK now, you'll look OK at 40 too, believe me (I'm from the internet! Lol) No joke, a woman's best years are after 30.

• Do you ever find that younger girls like older guys?

What has been the biggest age gap that you've been with?

Most Helpful Girl

• My Nan (may she rest in peace) hit 104 last year. Born in 1910 died 2014.

Spent her last six months in a nursing home.

The oldest of three she outlived both siblings. Two of her children.

Nan lived through both world wars, survived breast cancer and was felled only by a vindictive woman with a heart of stone.

Something Nan once said is that you aren't old until you're in a nursing home. When it takes you until you're 104 years old to be put in a nursing home, it really puts in perspective all these thirty year olds complaining of old age.

• I totally agree. Why do people complain about turning 30 anyways? If they think 30 is old then they got a long road ahead of them. If you turn 30 then why complain when it will not make you any younger.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 46

• Like some of the older people who responded here I feel the same way, you couldn't pay me enough to be young again. My experience with milestone birthdays two months before my 29th birthday, bit of a freakout about being 29 nearly 30 then 30 came and went. 35/40/45 just passed me by someone will probably have to tell me that I have turned 50.
    Sure my body ain't what it used to me but my persona has being moulded into a quite content place after 47 years of highs and lows.
    The litmus test for anyone at my age is to look back and say if you met yourself as a teen, twenties, thirties maybe early 40s, what would you think - My appraisal would be probably a nice guy but too full of himself, good social acquaintance but not close friend material but now if I ask myself about the 47 year old me, I go yeah I could see myself becoming best friends with that guy.
    Fantastic take as usual, Stacyzee, keep up good work.

• Thanks for the compliment <3
      I'm really surprised you wouldn't want to be young again?
      I wonder if I'll feel the same way when I'm older...
      that definitely shows me there are a lot of life lessons that are learned as we age, that aren't worth trading for younger years.
      That definitely adds to the bright perspective I'm trying to have.

• such good advice i think! lol i always say i am not that afraid of getting older because I think i get better with age and you could not pay me to be 21 again. :P

• I wish I had the 30's scare!

tattletailzz.com/.../Eartha-Kitt.gif

• I turn 28 in 5 months. Please @bellegirl21 @whitesteve tell me it'll be OK and 30s are just as great as 20s lol pls tell me, even if u have lie Hahaha

• The 30's suck hard! People don't think you're sexy anymore lolol.

Jk you'll always be sexy so don't sweat it

• Why am I not tagged in this? Actually the 30s are way better than your 20s. At least for me. I can still pull in whatever I want and the sex is endless! You'll be ok πŸ˜‰

• @Kris85 omg sorry!!!
      your still 20s in my mind i guess? lol
      haha i love your take on that, im so ok being 30 now

• Lol 30 seems like it will be alright.

BRB still aesthetic because I take care of myself and lift
    BRB have a chit load of money in the bank
    BRB my mind is fully developed
    BRB women love men in their 30s.
    BRB get on dat dere mature love relationship
    BRB making fcking babies and having little mes running around
    BRB owning my own house
    BRB BRB

Past 40 though.. you old brah.

• And tony's back huh...

• Yeah i haven't seen all gagers but i think @consultantisback is #TheFatherOfAesthetics on Gag πŸ‘

by the way the mention option doesn't work anymore πŸ˜‚ this site gon beta for real bruh whats with the hearts and the flashy things? they are blinding my alpha eyes πŸ˜‚

• @AnonStar I know test levels are plummeting right now.

• Only thing I'm bothered by is I'm almost 30 and still feel like I've never been loved or in love. I worry nothing real will ever happen for me. Otherwise my shit is basically together. I worry I'm missing out on human interaction more than necessary.

• I was okay with 30, 40, 50. I was having so much fun in life I never stopped to think about aging. But 60 was devastating. Once I got over the fact that I am 60 I began to try even more new things than I did when I was younger. I came to a point where I didn't care what people though and just started to do what I had put off for years. So, not to be mean, I say stop your whining and go out and have fun. Because getting old is not that bad, especially when you consider the alternative, i. e,, being dead.

• I'm in that age range.

I think life is too short to really worry too much about everything, and particularly age.

The end results are still gonna be same regardless, so by worry less and let go of them it makes it easier for you to breath and relax. Just have fun while you still can in this world with whatever time you have left, because it's really not a whole lot, as we never really know when our time is going to be up. Some people leave this world earlier, while there are others that make it way past 100 years old. The last I've remembered the oldest person that ever lived was officially recorded as 122 years.

• When you were much younger you always thought 30 was old.
    You still feel youthful!
    You still feel full of life!

Stazy, tha's soo true !!!
    It's weird when i realize that dating a 18 years old girl is now considered weird... specially because i feel a 18 years old boy.

Weird weird weird.

• I've heard, you're only as old as you look. Scientists have discovered that some people actually grow physically younger during periods of their lives due to good food and good sleep. Age IS just a number. I've seen 20 year olds who look 30 and 30 year olds who look 20.

I myself look very young for my age. And I intend to keep it that way =)

• Yeah? I turned 36 a month ago. I'm now closing in on *40*, not to mention being closer to 70 than birth with each passing day.

I am also in the best physical shape of my life. So long as you stay active and happy, you'll feel young forever.

• I thought I was going to read something depressing with your first few lines but you got me smiling now <3

• Lol, then I better stop it then. I can be moody and grouchy at times

• you're right. Youth remains in the way you feel. Ill always remember that.

• I remember thing I would be dead by 26 now I am much older. Get your stuff together because if 20 feels like yesterday, 30 will feel like yesterday when you hit 40. Ten years goes by quick so set some new goals so you don't wake-up in 10 years thinking life has passed you by.

• Good Take, damn, how should I feel, I'm scared of turning 40 :P

• I was bummed when I turned 20; I felt there was so much I hadn't done yet. Now I laugh about it. And plan to keep on doing stuff til I drop.

• Ach don't worry about it. It's just a man made number to marginalise people in society. Nothing changes. You don't start feeling older or change in any way. People treat you different right enough especially younger people trying to tell you you should be more mature and do things differently. You think fuk off. How the hell would you know what to be at this age. You aren't even at this stage yet ya spotty little shit lol

• I'm 30 and physically feel and look the same as my 20s and I haven't slowed down. For me, my worry is still being single, pressure I might never have a family if I don't find the right girl soon (women in mid 30s have high risk pregnancies) Being single might be why I feel young, my body might be holding onto youth so I can still get a partner and looking youthful helps. I think 40 is starting to feel old.

• All your sex parts work at 30, And you are not quite ready for the old folks home. So calm down :P

• I'm sure you will just keep getting better!

• i dont really think about my age. i get older, but my women stay the same age.

• I think women in their 30s are sexy πŸ˜‰

• Once you pass the age of 25, it's all down hill from there. But always try to keep a Fresh Young Mind.

• I still get hit on a lot.
      What do you mean down hill? In terms of looks or feeling young?

• Thats true. Good message

• One more comment to feel sexy wear thongs g-strings, go commando in the summer time always feel sexy no matter what.

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 28

• I'm going to be 30 this year and it's sinking in. That's only because my life doesn't look like everyone else's. They're married, have kids, done with college, and so forth.

Not that my life is bad, but compared to other people, I feel like I haven't done much. I have been learning that this is my life and hey! It's okay if my life isn't a cookie cutter shaped mold. I am living it for me anyway, right?

• Same here.
      I have a few accomplishments I really wish I could have made before this age, but what's done is done, there is no taking that back.
      I just have to deal with what "is" and move forward from here.

• same here. when i see actresses and singers on tv who are 29 (there's a caption with their name and age) i'm like hmmm we're the same age...

• I actually don't, at all. Totally don't wish I could be 29 again, or 39 again, or any number N where N < my current age.

And my boy, he actually LIKES the storylines that life's left on my body. He'll run his finger over the stretch marks where I pushed out our babies, and his dick will get hard enough to cut concrete. The boy loves women, in all our glorious imperfection.

I got a good life.

• Guuurrrl , you've got nothin' to worry about.

If you're black, you won't crack.
    www.healthyblackwoman.com/.../iman2-305x336.jpg
    bossip.files.wordpress.com/.../...izerender-17.jpg
    If you're Asian, you won't raisin.
    40.media.tumblr.com/.../...q6hzoj1r6pehco5_400.jpg

If you're blasian, you definitely have nothing to worry about.
    i.redditmedia.com/...I2jLEVV7D397TM_lScyJDxNlo.jpg
    pbs.twimg.com/.../B5Q1VjmCIAAskB-.jpg:large

• Just reading this shot up my anxiety lol. I pre midlife crisis it at least 3 times a year since 25...30 is rapidly coming... I like your end points, they are very true... still wish I could unread this...😜

• I am good at drawing people into my depressive mode by making them realize things they would have probably ignored :( sorry ! Lol

• Lol I really did like it though! All joking aside, my anxiety shot up and then you calmed it back do as I kept reading. Good job!

• Great Take!

I'm far from turning 30, but I feel so late when I compare myself to other people who are my age. I think I should have accomplished a lot of things they already did.
    But now I will keep your words in mind:

"And if even if you didn't do it as fast as others, remember the race is not for the fastest,
    it is for the swiftest."
    "Your accomplishments will always remain timeless".

Thank you for sharing these wise words :)

• My 30th was unforgettable. Sure, I freaked out a little a few weeks leading up to it, but once it happened it was just another day. Turned out to be a great year.

Yes physical changes may be more obvious after 30, but I'm not too worried about that. Never had beauty anyway. Just glad I'm getting wiser and am here another day longer. Like the birthday message GaG sends, "whoever has the most birthdays lives the longest!" lol

• Yikes. Physical changes? :( im pretty can I expect to lose my beauty

• you're freaking out too much. remember what i said about stress, lol. you probably won't age until you're 60 :)

• I'm turning 29 next month, and this is exactly what I needed to hear (lol). :)

• Lol, tell me about it. I will be 50 in December. Yes, the big FIVE OH. But you know what, it's really not a big deal because deep down I feel 29. When I was 29, 50 seemed ancient! Lol. Now I'm actually looking forward to it :)

• Great takeπŸ‘Œ . I can't wait to reach my late 20's. The moment where I'm considered a grown woman who has accomplished a lot, and experienced a lot. By that time I hope to have my goals completed with my career and salary.
    Getting older is a beautiful thing. The older I get the less I feel like a kid.

• I shared that perspective when I was several years younger. But views have a way of changing with time. Of course one can't wait to be more settled in their life, but there comes a real awakening to one when they are in their late 20s. You won't be young forever. It is a sad thought.

• I'm only 17, and I'm scared of turning 20. Haha. I don't know what to do.

• The funny thing is, any milestone birthday is scary. I felt the same way when I was a teen.
      I thought 20 was old, then I got over it.
      The same feeling comes again at 30.
      After your 30's people seem to come to a grips with it and see birthdays as birthdays.

• I'll try to hold on to them as long as I can

• That's bull take care of your body and skin. Eat right and use proper moisturizers and repair products and you'll be fine. I have about 140 FB friends a little less than half are women between 55 and 60 they ate right exercised before and after their kids and look pretty much the same as when we graduated between 74 and 80. Some of them packed on the weight. But a lot Rollerblade Fort Lauderdale and South Beach, run, train for the Disney Half Marathon and most of us belong to LA Fitness. Don't sweat the small stuff you have 30-40 good years sweetie. You'll have your heart broken you'll have kids to take to Disney enjoy it it's a wild ride.

• I couldn't agree with you more. Nice take. =)

• Haha I still think 30 is old!!!

I feel the same, I look the same.. And sadly I am not any more mature than I was five million years ago. ... When I say my age people don't believe me, when I say my age I don't even believe myself!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Anyway, the only difference is, i have a lot more responsibilities, which in a way makes me in a sense more mature if at least in that aspect. And getting old is something that will happen to everyone regardless of anything else, unless you die of course 😬...
    so the best thing one can do is be happy, be with people that make you happy, eat healthy and lead an active life style!!! Cause in the end that pays off, when you're 50 and look younger than the person next to you that just turned 30 πŸ˜›

I wonder what I'll look like when I'm wrinkly and gray 😯

• If you think 30 is old, then how old are you?

• Thirty!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ haha in human years! In real life I'm 100 years old.
      It sounds freakn'old!!! But I don't feel old and I don't look old and that's awesome!!! But I still think 30 is old!! Like, if someone is not 30, but hey look 30, they look Old! That's how I think.

• I'm telling ya. The 30's kill the 20's. I'm having a better time now than I did then!!! There's a different attitude about being in your 30s. You tend to have a more carefree attitude towards things that you may have sweated when you were younger and you are more comfortable with who you are and not as insecure, and yes men still want you lol. I've never had a problem in that department even at my age. You'll be fine!!!

• Nice Mytake, damn, aging is so scary sometimes...

• It's a year and 2-3months away for me. I enjoy getting older personally. I am looking forward to it :D

• i've always felt that i never want to grow up.
    i want to be a kid forever.

• I, for one, loved being in my 30s and I love being in my 40s. In my experience, most every thing gets better (including sex if you were wondering)

Life doesn't stop at 30, your 30s are when you really come into your own, so I would humbly suggest embracing it and certainly not fearing it. You can't stop it anyway and life is definitely worth living in your 30s and forwards.

• I wish I knew about 40 year old women when I was 30 sex is spectacular... Even in my 50s, I love women in their 40's

• Don't make me cry I am not ready to be 30... Thats so freakin old! (: I am almost 21... Why you got scare me huh?

• You won't think 30 is old at all when you near mid twenties. Its funny how perspective of old changes.

• Nah I am already old! kids these days hahah!

• Honestly? I'm super content with turning 30. I'm ready for it. I do think it makes a difference not being single anymore though. A year and a half ago I was definitely not looking forward to 30.

• Great take being 30 was oh so long ago. Now old is 60-70.

• More from Girls
    8