The Near 30's Scare! I Never Want To Be Old!

Oh my gosh, has it happened already?

Ever since reaching the age of 25, I've always thought,

"Wow, I am close to 30".

But never did I think those years would wind itself down so fast.

What's the difference between 27, 28, and 29?, I've asked myself.

Nothing, besides the realization that your age can now be rounded off to 30.

When you were much younger you always thought 30 was old.

It's amazing that now you're almost that age, your perspective as widely changed.

You still feel youthful!

You still feel full of life!

Hell, you can even still pass for someone much younger.

Even though that is the case,

at this point in your life, you find that you are more self aware than ever before.

You thought you knew yourself well 10 years ago,

but now you have an even deeper understanding of who you are.

Your lives journey as taught you that.

The age 30 has got you coming to terms with the fact that from this point on,

your life will continue to move forward at a rapid rate.

It won't be long before you are considered "middle-aged" or "old".

Oh no, what has happened?

Have the tables now turned?

You were considered young your entire life.

But now you aren't because as quickly as 30 came, so will 40, 50 and then 60.

Oh my gosh?

Don't you wish you were 29 all over again!

Doesn't that age seem so young?

We cannot stop aging!

But what we can stop is worrying about the things that we have no control over.

Life is the longest gift any one of us will ever have.

Instead of beating yourself up about getting older,

Instead of dwelling on the fact you may not have accomplished as much as

a person your age,

Instead of wishing things were different than the way they are.

Accept reality, even if it is harsh!

Just L-I-V-E.

There's nothing you can do about the past.

But there's a lot you can do about the future.

Some day we will all grow old.

Some day we will all reflect.

We will realize the little things we used to obsess over, should have never mattered.

Work towards achieving the greatest of your ability.

And if even if you didn't do it as fast as others, remember the race is not for the fastest,

it is for the swiftest.

<3

Your accomplishments will always remain timeless.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 47

• All your sex parts work at 30, And you are not quite ready for the old folks home. So calm down :P

• I turn 28 in 5 months. Please @bellegirl21 @whitesteve tell me it'll be OK and 30s are just as great as 20s lol pls tell me, even if u have lie Hahaha

• The 30's suck hard! People don't think you're sexy anymore lolol.

Jk you'll always be sexy so don't sweat it

• Why am I not tagged in this? Actually the 30s are way better than your 20s. At least for me. I can still pull in whatever I want and the sex is endless! You'll be ok 😉

• @Kris85 omg sorry!!!
      your still 20s in my mind i guess? lol
      haha i love your take on that, im so ok being 30 now

• The wisdom and confidence that you develop as you get older compensate for some of the physical changes. Teens think that they invented romance and have a monopoly on sex; how could anyone over the age of 40 possibly still be having sex?

News flash! You are never too old to find romance and as long as you are reasonably healthy, you are not too old for sex. Occasionally, I will post an opinion on a sexual topic and a teen will respond that I am a creep for even discussing that subject with anyone. . . "like, ewwww!" My usual response is: "at what age do you plan to stop having sex? At what age will you say that you no longer want romance or love?"

Life changes as you get older but there are always things in life that will bring us joy, satisfaction, excitement, and adventure. You can't change it (getting older) so you might as well embrace it!

Excellent myTake, as usual!

• The physical change in appearance I am dreading.
      I am used to being seen as attractive.
      That will probably be the hardest thing for me.

Thanks for the compliment! <3 Your advice is goal!

I agree with you as well, I don't plan on stopping sex any time soon.
      I will continue as long as my body lets me, even if I am past 80!

• If you look OK now, you'll look OK at 40 too, believe me (I'm from the internet! Lol) No joke, a woman's best years are after 30.

• Do you ever find that younger girls like older guys?

What has been the biggest age gap that you've been with?

• I wish I had the 30's scare!

tattletailzz.com/.../Eartha-Kitt.gif

• Like some of the older people who responded here I feel the same way, you couldn't pay me enough to be young again. My experience with milestone birthdays two months before my 29th birthday, bit of a freakout about being 29 nearly 30 then 30 came and went. 35/40/45 just passed me by someone will probably have to tell me that I have turned 50.
    Sure my body ain't what it used to me but my persona has being moulded into a quite content place after 47 years of highs and lows.
    The litmus test for anyone at my age is to look back and say if you met yourself as a teen, twenties, thirties maybe early 40s, what would you think - My appraisal would be probably a nice guy but too full of himself, good social acquaintance but not close friend material but now if I ask myself about the 47 year old me, I go yeah I could see myself becoming best friends with that guy.
    Fantastic take as usual, Stacyzee, keep up good work.

• Thanks for the compliment <3
      I'm really surprised you wouldn't want to be young again?
      I wonder if I'll feel the same way when I'm older...
      that definitely shows me there are a lot of life lessons that are learned as we age, that aren't worth trading for younger years.
      That definitely adds to the bright perspective I'm trying to have.

• such good advice i think! lol i always say i am not that afraid of getting older because I think i get better with age and you could not pay me to be 21 again. :P

• I'm in that age range.

I think life is too short to really worry too much about everything, and particularly age.

The end results are still gonna be same regardless, so by worry less and let go of them it makes it easier for you to breath and relax. Just have fun while you still can in this world with whatever time you have left, because it's really not a whole lot, as we never really know when our time is going to be up. Some people leave this world earlier, while there are others that make it way past 100 years old. The last I've remembered the oldest person that ever lived was officially recorded as 122 years.

• My 30's were much better than my 20's, and now my 40's are better than my 30's were so far.

Don't get caught up on age, keep positive and stay fit both mind and body and things just keep getting better!

• I think with technology and advances in medicine, we are living longer and healthier.

• I feel that the older people on here are sugar coating it. They are not telling you everything. Besides they can tell you they are in perfect health today and be told tomorrow that they have six months to live. There are no guarantees in life stuff like cancer can pop up at any age for anybody.

• I turned 29 yesterday, and I feel ancient. I have wanted to be young again every year since I was 14, because that was when I was forced to grow up and come to terms with this world being a horrible, hopeless and evil place. The greatest of my ability wasn't good enough when the whole world set itself against me- I'm told that the things which I obsess over, the only things which ever gave me a purpose in life, were meaningless, and that I never mattered. I've never accomplished anything that anyone else has ever acknowledged as being meaningful or worthwhile, and at my age, I've had to accept that I never will- it's too late for me now. I will never find acceptance, kindness, or happiness from anyone- I'm too old for anyone to accept me now.

Since then, I've mourned every single birthday. I've never celebrated a single birthday since I turned 13, because I never had anyone to celebrate with; even by my own family members, who I chose to sacrifice all of my hopes, dreams, aspirations and prospects in life for, saw my existence as something to be commiserated, not to be celebrated. For the past half of my life now, I've wanted to die. The only reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because I still care about my parents too much to hurt them by doing it, and because even though they constantly tell me that everyone on earth would be happier if I'd never been born, I'm also told that wanting to end my life, even if it's only because they want me gone, makes me the most selfish, egocentric and evil person on earth.

I want to die in my sleep- I've only been eating intermittently for the past four years, less and less, and I've finally stopped eating altogether in the past fortnight, because there's no hope left to sustain myself for. I've stopped drinking as well- I'm still not strong enough to abstain from drinking altogether, but I'm down to less than one glass of water a day. Every 'Act of God' in my life has come whenever I've dared to hope and to try and be optimistic again- come down from the heavens to crush that source of hope, end that pitiful chance in life and increase my suffering. But now, just once, I want God to take pity on me. I won't live to see 30. I've had enough of life, and I'm not strong enough to go on any longer.

• I wish I knew you personally. I would show I love and care about you.
      As old as we think we are , we aren't even halfway throughout our life span.
      I want to tell you have hope but it seems as if you have no where to pull that from, youve never been loved.
      I will offer you my ear, I feel thats the most I can do.
      I'm here to listen if you ever need to talk just pm me.

• I tried following you, but it still won't let me pm you.

• Once you pass the age of 25, it's all down hill from there. But always try to keep a Fresh Young Mind.

• I still get hit on a lot.
      What do you mean down hill? In terms of looks or feeling young?

• Thats true. Good message

• One more comment to feel sexy wear thongs g-strings, go commando in the summer time always feel sexy no matter what.

• I think I will still feel young...

I feel young now...

• I think everyone dies at 27, as in beyond that point, once you turn 28, you can no longer legitimately think you are "young" and no matter what you do, you are just not as cool as when you were 22.

having said that I don't care so much about being 29 or turning older but rather feel like I never got to do the stuff that people in their 20's are supposed to do, like, have tons of friends and fun and party, sleep with tons of girls, and establish a solid base for a nice career so that after you turn 30 you are considered a professional in that field, I just feel like I have missed out on the social life of a 20something person,

however, I did somehow managed to buy a not too bad apartment in a big city at 25, which definitely makes me less miserable than I would otherwise have been. And I also did find the balls to try starting a business at 24, not really a business more like selling stuff at a short-term rent shop, but for a few months, I was a proper, proper entrepreneur, and I felt it was really important to start my first business before turning 25 because starting a business after you turn 25 is just not as cool.

i also feel very lucky that i have finally got into a dream job/dream career during the last few months of age 28, i spent my 22 to 28 years either being unemployed for months or being overlooked for jobs that I really wanted or doing jobs in industries that are so dreadful that i absolutely hate and despise. But now I work in a really cool if not the coolest industries there is, so that's nice.

the only thing that bothers me now is that my salary still sucks but even more so, I still haven't come up with a cool and viable business idea that will make me rich, I literally spend days and nights reading or thinking about business ideas but I just still haven't quite found it yet or I don't have the expertise or capital or social network to carry out those ideas.

• You will retire soon and collect monthly pension :D

• Aw I am fucked in the ass then huh?

Ill be 30 a couple years before you but dont worry ill buy an extra cane for you ! Lets also get those cups ready for our dentures.

• It's really not all that big a deal. I turned 30 about a year and a half ago.

• I think women in their 30s are sexy 😉

• I was bummed when I turned 20; I felt there was so much I hadn't done yet. Now I laugh about it. And plan to keep on doing stuff til I drop.

• I was okay with 30, 40, 50. I was having so much fun in life I never stopped to think about aging. But 60 was devastating. Once I got over the fact that I am 60 I began to try even more new things than I did when I was younger. I came to a point where I didn't care what people though and just started to do what I had put off for years. So, not to be mean, I say stop your whining and go out and have fun. Because getting old is not that bad, especially when you consider the alternative, i. e,, being dead.

• Only thing I'm bothered by is I'm almost 30 and still feel like I've never been loved or in love. I worry nothing real will ever happen for me. Otherwise my shit is basically together. I worry I'm missing out on human interaction more than necessary.

• Life is painting a picture, not doing a sum.

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 29

• Honestly? I'm super content with turning 30. I'm ready for it. I do think it makes a difference not being single anymore though. A year and a half ago I was definitely not looking forward to 30.

• I couldn't agree with you more. Nice take. =)

• Guuurrrl , you've got nothin' to worry about.

If you're black, you won't crack.
    www.healthyblackwoman.com/.../iman2-305x336.jpg
    bossip.files.wordpress.com/.../...izerender-17.jpg
    If you're Asian, you won't raisin.
    40.media.tumblr.com/.../...q6hzoj1r6pehco5_400.jpg

If you're blasian, you definitely have nothing to worry about.
    i.redditmedia.com/...I2jLEVV7D397TM_lScyJDxNlo.jpg
    pbs.twimg.com/.../B5Q1VjmCIAAskB-.jpg:large

• My Nan (may she rest in peace) hit 104 last year. Born in 1910 died 2014.

Spent her last six months in a nursing home.

The oldest of three she outlived both siblings. Two of her children.

Nan lived through both world wars, survived breast cancer and was felled only by a vindictive woman with a heart of stone.

Something Nan once said is that you aren't old until you're in a nursing home. When it takes you until you're 104 years old to be put in a nursing home, it really puts in perspective all these thirty year olds complaining of old age.

• I totally agree. Why do people complain about turning 30 anyways? If they think 30 is old then they got a long road ahead of them. If you turn 30 then why complain when it will not make you any younger.

• I want to stop growing old at 21 :(

• I want to freeze my age as now, or stop at 30 haha.
      But what can we do about time? We'll both be old together.
      I'll be 99 and you'll be 91 :*D someday.

• We just have to embrace age and come to terms with it! There's no other choice.

• I'm only 17, and I'm scared of turning 20. Haha. I don't know what to do.

• The funny thing is, any milestone birthday is scary. I felt the same way when I was a teen.
      I thought 20 was old, then I got over it.
      The same feeling comes again at 30.
      After your 30's people seem to come to a grips with it and see birthdays as birthdays.

• I'll try to hold on to them as long as I can

• That's bull take care of your body and skin. Eat right and use proper moisturizers and repair products and you'll be fine. I have about 140 FB friends a little less than half are women between 55 and 60 they ate right exercised before and after their kids and look pretty much the same as when we graduated between 74 and 80. Some of them packed on the weight. But a lot Rollerblade Fort Lauderdale and South Beach, run, train for the Disney Half Marathon and most of us belong to LA Fitness. Don't sweat the small stuff you have 30-40 good years sweetie. You'll have your heart broken you'll have kids to take to Disney enjoy it it's a wild ride.

• Don't make me cry I am not ready to be 30... Thats so freakin old! (: I am almost 21... Why you got scare me huh?

• You won't think 30 is old at all when you near mid twenties. Its funny how perspective of old changes.

• Nah I am already old! kids these days hahah!

• My childhood best friend from will be 25 forever. Growing older sure beats the alternative...

• i've always felt that i never want to grow up.
    i want to be a kid forever.

• The picture at the end was cute.

• I'm turning 29 next month, and this is exactly what I needed to hear (lol). :)

• Great Take!

I'm far from turning 30, but I feel so late when I compare myself to other people who are my age. I think I should have accomplished a lot of things they already did.
    But now I will keep your words in mind:

"And if even if you didn't do it as fast as others, remember the race is not for the fastest,
    it is for the swiftest."
    "Your accomplishments will always remain timeless".

Thank you for sharing these wise words :)

• Ha and I'm freaking out over 25 a little. I look like I'm 16 but not the point. Lol

• You look 16? Ill wait while all of the over 25 jealous bitches beat you up jk

• I've noticed people think im older according to how I dress. When I wore sneakers, jeans and t shirts people would think I was far younger.
      People still do. but at least its 21 to 30 that they guess

• Play with ur style a bit? Don't dress sexy if you don't want to but dress a little more mature

• I completely freaked out the day before I turned 30. It felt like everything was going to change and I didn't know what to do with my life, and it didn't help that my good friend, who is only a few months younger than I, kept calling me grandma because she thought that was hysterical. In a full blown depressed state, I blew out the candles on what turned out to be one of the best worth birthday's ever. I OD on cake that really upset my stomach, ended up sick in bed, but woke up the next morning feeling like nothing had really changed. I was still me. I still had the same amount of worry lines I had before I turned 30, my metabolism didn't die, and the guy at the coffee bar guessed that I was 5 years younger than I actually was when my friend told him that it was my birthday. I don't fault anyone for freaking out at that age. It's the first real age when people feel that age is coming on and its a time when you're really an adult. No one thinks a 30 year old is a kid anymore. But with every tick of the clock, we gain something new, some new knowledge, wisdom, adventure. When you put it into perspective like that, age seems exciting rather than so depressing.

• Just reading this shot up my anxiety lol. I pre midlife crisis it at least 3 times a year since 25...30 is rapidly coming... I like your end points, they are very true... still wish I could unread this...😜

• I am good at drawing people into my depressive mode by making them realize things they would have probably ignored :( sorry ! Lol

• Lol I really did like it though! All joking aside, my anxiety shot up and then you calmed it back do as I kept reading. Good job!

• people who eat well and exercise everyday don't have to look old. They can look young naturally.

• I'm telling ya. The 30's kill the 20's. I'm having a better time now than I did then!!! There's a different attitude about being in your 30s. You tend to have a more carefree attitude towards things that you may have sweated when you were younger and you are more comfortable with who you are and not as insecure, and yes men still want you lol. I've never had a problem in that department even at my age. You'll be fine!!!

• I, for one, loved being in my 30s and I love being in my 40s. In my experience, most every thing gets better (including sex if you were wondering)

Life doesn't stop at 30, your 30s are when you really come into your own, so I would humbly suggest embracing it and certainly not fearing it. You can't stop it anyway and life is definitely worth living in your 30s and forwards.

• I wish I knew about 40 year old women when I was 30 sex is spectacular... Even in my 50s, I love women in their 40's

• Nice Mytake, damn, aging is so scary sometimes...

• Haha honestly It's only fear age if I found myself not a mother & wife at 30

• More from Girls
    9