Hi everyone. Well here I am! This is my 3rd Mytake ever on GaG! YAY! :D I’m here to share my personal, favourite recipe for the tastiest pancakes on earth (ok maybe only in Australia)! This basic pancake recipe is absolutely fool proof. I will be giving you step by step directions and pointers to follow.. So let’s get started!!!
Ingredients you will need:
-1 cup of Self Raising Flour
-1 cup of Milk (low life, slim, almond, whole, whichever you like)
-Butter or oil (for frying pan)
-1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
-Sugar OR preferred sugar sweetner
Utensils you will need:
-A big mixing bowl
-A frying pan
-A measuring cup
-A clean plate to transfer pancakes from the frying pan onto the plate
Before you start cooking, gather all the ingredients and utensils and prepare them all. It will make cooking the pancakes far much easier and quicker when all the ingredients and the utensils are all laid out in front of you.
1. Pour the Self Raising flour in the big mixing bowl (if you would like to add the optional ingredient of sugar/sweetner, add that now). Crack the egg into the big mixing bowl along with the existing self raising flour. Pour the milk in the mixing bowl also (if you would like to add the optional ingredient of vanilla essence, add that now)
2. Grab your whisk and give everything in the mixing bowl a good whisk. Make sure there are no lumpy spots (if you would like to add the optional ingredients of choc chips, pour them in now. As much as you like). When the mixture has been whisked thoroughly transfer the mixture into a measuring cup.
I find it easier to pour the pancake mixture from a measuring cup into the frying pan, as you have more control on how much mixture you would like distribute evenly in the frying pan.
3. Get your frying pan on the stove *in between medium to low heat* your spatula and your clean plate.
4. Drizzle and evenly coat the frying pan with a bit of oil or a teaspoon of butter. When the frying pan is heated, grab your pancake mixture and pour it in the middle *3 tablespoons worth of mixture*
POINTER- If you would like the perfect round pancakes, lift the frying pan and maneuvere the frying pan in a circular motion before it starts to bubble and cook.
5. Cook the pancake for 2 minutes on one side, or until it bubbles (if you would like to add the optional ingredient of blueberries, do individually pop them into the pancake mixture while it is cooking away) Flip the pancake over using the spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown. When cooked, transfer the pancake to the clean plate and repeat step 4 until there is no pancake mixture left.
The more mixture you pour into the frying pan bigger and lesser amount of pancakes you will make then if you were to pour small portions.
You can serve the pancakes with ice cream, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, ma fresh blueberries and maybe even raspberries on top. Whatever your heart desires.
That’s it! That wasn’t hard at all! I hope you enjoyed my Mytake and your scrumptious Pancakes! Thank you for reading..