The downsides to texting

Texting is a lot of fun and it's a useful way to keep in constant contact with friends and family anywhere in the world. But like everything else in life, There are things about it that suck very much.........

1. Running out of things to sayThe downsides to texting.

Keeping in constant contact with someone can have major drawbacks, Keeping the conversation interesting or even going can be a big challenge sometimes. But, If you found someone that you never have this problem with then you've met your texting soulmate! The Yin to your Yang.

Regardless, Typing for long periods can be a real pain; especially on a phone. Finger cramps :(

2. Getting addicted to texting

It can happen, And it can happen pretty easily. You just can't stop texting, checking email and social sites, Or your phone. And if you go too long without doing these things you actually develop serious anxiety!

Yep, You are an addict/

3. Text hoochies

You find that perfect guy/girl and text them so much that you start falling in text love, The problem is they are usually texting with like 15 other people and typing the exact same lovey-dovey stuff to all of them.

4. Texting Drama

And even if your text love affair works out, These things hardly ever go well. So you end up arguing, spying on, stalking, And eventually breaking up and feeling miserable over someone you never met face to face.

And you don't even have to be in a romantic entanglement to have text drama. Text fights, back- stabbing, and outright text war can erupt at and second.

5. When you just can't get that selfie to look right

When you know you are looking damn fine and want to share your sexy with that special someone you are texting, But the camera phone just won't cooperate :(

Zombie-Killa is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 14

• funny take!!! good job but i prefer calling

• So calling is better?

• Great take!

Does anyone have any idea why my myTake isn't being put up on the feed?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25869-why-guys-aren-t-approaching-you

• This made me laugh. You also forgot to add emotional anxiety that some girls go through when they send the wrong type of "message" through text, like autocorrection or something that means totally different from what is written. Calling, for me personally, is still the best way of communicating.

• Thank you, And thanks for reading :D

• @ForScience // Lmao, that would be hilarious. I don't go all crazy about the texts I send. I'm usually a straightforward type of person, so I don't really over think my texts. But I didn't know that guys do it too. I thought that they also just think about what they say like girls do.

• Nope. We also get anxiety from stupid stuff. Lmao.

• The hoe thing is so trueee.
    Not just hoes but fuckboys too lmaoooo.
    They say sweet shit but at the same time they saying that sweet shit to another girl. Lmaoooo!

• You left out social anxiety

• Amazing introduction for the downside to texting , there are many disadvantages like Not Aware of Surroundings , Sleep Problems.
    Thanks , :)
    ______________________________________________________
    The Cheesy Animation Factory - 3D Flythrough

• Nice mytake dude 😛😛
    I hate texting, I've only texted on my phone probably 10 times and I got it January of last year.
    If someone wants to contact me, then they better just snapchat me

• Don't forget about the so annoying "seen, read, delivered..." that we all hate so much.
    Also it doesn't help with the double chin, makes it worse

• And remember sleeping problems and posture. Most of us position are head, neck, and spine in odd positions while we're on our phones and we're not even aware of it. Plus it makes us procrastinate pushing all our work to the end of the day and having to stay up late or we're just on it so long we end up staying up late period. there's social risks because you won't be able to talk to people in real life using eye contact as well but there's also a lot of health risks. Great take though!

• Texting drama lol some of it wouldn't even happen if you saw the person face to face

• Most of it, Probably.

• Right? Most of it just stems from pure miscommunication or bs arising from text love (which also wouldn't be as intense if we saw the person in real life)

• I usually just text to my parents, and they usually text me back. Most of our conversations are related to tracking down our locations and updating our status (where we are, what we are doing, etc.).

• haha these r some disadvantages but i do enjoy texting :P

• Nice MyTake, hahaha, I actually prefer texting :D

What Guys Said 9

• texting works when the other phone can receive your text. iMessage works sometimes and fails sometimes. I never had data on my phone and didn't realize iMessage runs via data. My friend always yelled at me about it and she didn't speak to me. Moral of the story. If messenger dont work, find other means to contact them

• People who spend time having a "relationship" by texting are avoiding having a real relationship.

• You should write a mytake on what to do when a girl goes NC on you via text.

• Hi, I'm Dylan this is my first texting Aa meeting

At first I didn't haves a texting phone but once I got it I couldn't stop texting. Oh god I need help, thanks for your time txting anyonomos

• Everything is a downside to texting if you involve the socializing elements in texting that don't belong to texting. Texting is a means to exchange info, i. e "When do you wanna meet?", "I'll be late for 10-15 min", "Don't forget to grab a pack of chips when you're getting groceries" and NOT "I SENT YOU A text N IT READ "SEEN"! OMFGH ANNOYING; WTF DONMT PLAY WIF ME!! "...

ok, clearly an exaggeration, but you get my point.

• 6- misunderstanding sometimes.

• I kinda prefer texting, running out of things to say is usually a problem when you're talking on the phone, but when texting - you have more time to think ;)

• *downsides of using texting for casual conversation

• 3. Bruuuh. So true.

5. Yeah I look way better in person. It sucks :(