What Kind Of Phone Texter Are You?

Some people find themselves extremely engaged in the use of technology, while others are far from it. As a fellow phone texter, I've encountered a variety of different types of texters.

What Kind Of Phone Texter Are You?

For some people, it's possible to be more than one type of texter.
For others, they seem to only fit into one category.

Which type of texter have you come across? And which one(s) are you?

1. Lazy texter

This person will give you one hundred reasons why they did not respond back to your text. Most of their reasons lie behind the "fact" that they are somehow too busy or that they thought they messaged you but somehow didn't. Yes, this might have held up true in some of their circumstances involving you, however the more they do this the less convincing their reasons become. Who are they really trying to fool? It is clear to see, they are making excuses, it tells by their actions. This person will get back to you in hours, days, or probably not at all. Is it really that difficult to text? You'll have to re-initiate conversation all over again to get them to answer you. Although this person is able to convince others, the truth is this person isn't "too busy". Those words are a cover up for the fact that they aren't fond of texting.

2. Dirty texter

This person seems like they're always in the mood. Every message they send you is somehow in reference to sex. It's rare that they ever engage in any type of other conversational topic. This person is always so worked up and in the mood! Release them if you can :) ! If you play into their conversation, they'll have their release. However, it's only moments before they start this up all over again. Sometimes they'll send you photos to tease you, other times they will request you to send photos of your own.

3. Narcissistic texter

This person rarely ever tries to direct the conversation towards you, instead most of their text messages to you, is talking about themselves. This person might as well ask themselves all of the questions and answer it in return.
"How was my day?",
"It was great!"
.
This person may send you photos of themselves on different days (without you even having to ask).
When you compliment their appearance, it works as a reinforcement to further boost their ego.
This type of texter usually isn't aware that they are into themselves until it's pointed out to them.

4. Conversationalist texter

This person could build a entire conversation in text message if you give them the chance. Their conversation can be any topic. When you text them, they reply back almost immediately. This is the type of person you could fall asleep texting with the phone in your hand. They can keep you engaged for hours on end. Their messages can be anywhere from short to extremely lengthy. This person finds themselves keeping up with the constant trend of technology. They never seem to fall behind!

5. Romantic texter

Everything this person messages you is sweet. Sometimes you awake, to find that they've already wished you a good morning. Sometimes you are ready to prepare to bed, before you find that they've messaged you "Goodnight, sweet dreams". This person sends messages of thought such as: "I miss you", "Thinking about you...", "I love you" . They use sending texts as a source to exhibit the way they feel about you.

6. Old fashioned texter/ Occasional texter

This person is opposite from the conversationalist texter. They usually never engage in long dialogue and would rather a phone call. They usually text you when it is manadatory or when the occasion calls for it, example:
"Happy birthday!"
"Hi, what time would you like to meet today?"
"I hope you have a great day at work."
"Good luck on your test!"
If you're looking for long rapport with this person, your best bet is meeting them in the flesh or sending them a phone call. They thoroughly believe texts, are messages that meant to be short and not made for long daily conversations.

7. Emoticon texter

It's clear to see this person's favorite feature when it comes to sending text messages. Yes, you guessed it, it is the emoticon feature. Most of this person's texts include faces. This person is probably very expressive and wants to add life and emotion to their messages, so this is a feature they often find themselves using. For fun, sometimes they may send you a whole text worth of emoticons for a laugh!

8. Calculated texter

This person plays their cards very well. They don't want to come across as needy by sending you a huge number of texts in a short time frame, so they calculate each and every move that they make. If you took 15 minutes to reply to their text, they'll take 15 minutes to reply to yours also. If you take hours to reply back to their message, they'll take hours to reply to yours as well.
If this person has inititated a fair amount of the texts, they'll take some time off from doing so until you initiate the response. This person is very methodical in their approach. They play their method of texting on the safe end!

9. Impulsive texter

This person is opposite from the calculated texter. If you don't answer their text messages right away, chances are they will blow up your phone with message after message. This person probably really likes you, and feels hurt by the delay you take in answering their messages. Their emotions show because they don't give a fair amount of time frame before they send you another message.
Eventually, this person may cool down especially if they see the person they are texting exhibits this pattern behavior on a regular basis. This "impulsive texter" may eventually gather their emotions and lose interest.

10. Shy texter

This person feels neutral about texting. They don't hate it or love it but because they are shy they come across as distant. Their texts seem very standard, short, and lack life. They're not very good at carrying a conversation through text messenging, perhaps it's because they put too much thought into their responses. They never know exactly what to write or how to respond. Sometimes they'll take a while staring at your message, trying to decide a proper response.
What comes naturally in conversation for others, may take this person a while sometimes.
The person they are trying to carry on a dialogue with, may view this person as boring or un-interesting because of their responses.

11. Foreign language texter

This person speaks the same language as you, but with the jibberish texts they send, they might as well be speaking a foreign language. Half of the time it's hard to understand exactly what this person is saying in text. There's so many grammatical errors and incorrect word usage.
Does anyone have a translator?

12. The strictly texter

How does this person's voice sound over the phone? You don't even know! That's because all you two ever do is text eachother. There is no other preferred contact besides sending messages to each other. The "strictly texter" has the ability to be any of the other types of texters I have mentioned above. The only differentiation is that this is their preferred method of contact.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• Im a general texter. if messaged I message back. I hate texting. its ruining a perfect art.. CONVERSATION

• I am probably closest to 4 - The conversationalist but a long winded one

• 6 - minimalist texter. Just the facts, ma'am.

• I text only when it's necessary and mostly it's not.

• I would be the old fashion/occassional texter

• Romantic Texter

• I'm a lazy, shy, calculated, foreign-language, strictly texter.

• I'm Conversationalist texter + Calculated texter with occasional "multi-text personality disorder" :)

LOL I liked that phrase :D

• Definitely 8

• #6 is how we should all be doing it, TBH.

• I agree, I hate it when someone texts me just saying "hi" and then, "wuu2" for example. I just feel like it's unnecessary and unless you actually need to say something, don't just send me these stupid time wasting texts.

• @GhostOnToast so what do you want to hear?

• Mostly 6 11 and 12... not fond of calls and don't say much on text as well... I know those 2 are different... but I believe it's how I am... also I use ma own English as I do here...

• I call and try not to text because I write things that come from my brain that I normally shouldn't say from my mouth.

• I pretty much use all 12 steps of texting except I don't like showing off my body it's ugly lol

• So you're literally every single type? Boy is that crazy. I'm actually afraid , do you have multi-text personality disorder :-0

• Lol

When I like a girl

I text a lot

When I text my friend we have conversation

I'm shy and outgoing at the same time

My personality is an egnama.

• There are also times where my texting messages are 10k a month then after a break up it goes down to like 100

• I had no clue there were that many different types of texters. Now that I use my Iphone voice to text, my classification has definitely changed:)

• That's the easiest way to text! What gets me pissed off about it, is if it misunderstands me. I'm sitting here thinking, "What? do I not speak proper english?" lol!

What Girls Said 15

• I'm mostly a conversationalist texter, so I haaaaaate lazy texters. Their excuses are the worst. When someone just reads my texts without answering them, I get so mad. I don't expect people to answer immediately, or even within 12 hours. But if you take the time to READ my text then I expect you to ANSWER it pretty much immediately. Why even read it otherwise?
    At this point I have just cut such people out of my life. It's clear that they don't care enough to keep in touch with me so I might as well just get rid of them.

• well among these i guess i'm #6, #7 ,#9

• 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (with people I don't care about) 7, 8, 9 (rare, very fucking rare) and 11.

But I'd say the dirty texter fits me better. Some GAG friends know about this XD

• Probably the shy texter :P That or the old fashioned one.

• I am number 1!! i just can't be bothered at times. Also sometimes i just get sick of technology so yeah. Great mytake though

• I'm a 6 short & to the point.

• I'm a calculated, conversationalist and emoticon texter. If I already know what to say, I'll reply back immediately, but if I don't I won't just say anything to keep the conversation going. I'll take my time to come up with a reply that I deem passable.

• I've been all at one point.

It depends on the person though like with my friends I'm not as calculated. I don't care about replying fast or sending a long text.

If it's a guy that I like I'll overanalyze everything and if he replies slower then I will too or send short texts like he does.

• Occasional and Calculated. If I feel the conversation keeps me interested i'll converse immensely.

• more lazy than occassional. used to be a conversational texter.

• I'm the emoji texter😱😭😫😡😇😶😶😂💣😷😎

• It depends who I'm talking to. With my sister or out-of-state friends I'm a conversational texter. With guys I'm old-fashioned and sometimes calculated.

• Conversationalist, Impulsive and Emoticon Texter - thats me :)

• Occasional and lazy texter.

• I give u 🌹 For ur amazing Take,, I'm Old fashioned texter + calculator sometimes