Future Technologies That Will Change The World

This is a fairly short mytake where I will be sharing future to near future inventions.

Future technologies that will change the world

1. Exoskeleton technology

Powered Exoskeletons will be brain controlled computers in combinatinos with other technologies will help disabled people get full control to be able to move. There are already a few wearable exoskeletons to use strength with endurance along with interchangeable limbs to match capabilities to tasks.

2. Augmented reality

Is a live direct or indirect view of a physical world, a real world environment whose elements are supplemented by computer generated sensory such as sound, video, graphics, or GPS data.

3. Artificial intelligence

These are machines or software that would be designed capable of having intelligent behavior. So in a nut shell robots or androids even.

4. Google's driverless cars

Google is currently working on a car where it will be able to drive its self. The car has a laser range finder that allows to generate a detailed 3D map of its environment. Then it takes these generated maps and combines them with high resolution maps of the world, producing different types of data models that allow it to drive itself. Google expects to have this car out in the market for the public by 2020.

5. The Internet of Things

Is the network is the network of physical object devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity that enables these objects to collect and exchange data. So basically it will be like the internet world merging with the real work like how you see in that image above.

The future is still growing.

Thanks for reading this my take. What do you guys think is this a good thing or bad thing?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Even with the lack of rights I think I might actually prefer it in the past. There weren't all these bullshit advances that nobody is thinking through clearly.

Don't open Pandoras Box!

Don't fucking open it!

• "Lack of rights" is relative. Very relative. If all this stuff were online, a hacker would be able to do a whole lot more than steal your identity!

• @ObscuredBeyond that's what I'm saying! That's why I'm calling these bullshit! I'm saying the past had a lack of rights as in female rights and the whole slavery thing. That's how far back I want to go. Not because I agree with those things, but because people who's rights were respected, had life a hell of a lot better having do open the ice box by hand instead of relying on a system that could be hacked at any moment.

Pandora's box should never have been opened. (That is, the Internet)

• It's fun to daydream about history and what it would be like to live in ye olden times, but honestly I think you'd come back crying real fast. Why? Because history gets romanticized a lot, a whole whole whole whole lot.
      Go back far enough and you'd work the same shitty, back-breaking job for pretty much your whole life, your diet would be nutritionally mediocre, you'd live in squalor with very few possibilities of improving your standards of living and getting any sort of infection would spell certain death. Medical care was quackery at best, inhumanely cruel at its worst and there was a much higher chance of getting raped, abused, tortured, robbed and killed for trivial reasons.

I'm sorry for being negative but the past sucked in many absolutely terrible ways.

• this reminded me of a news report i saw last week about the launch of a new refrigerator with a huge touchscreen panel

• Hahah awesome :P I would like to see that commercial do you think its on youtube?

• OMG I am so blond :( I thought I read you say you saw it in a commercial lol.

• That made me think about a comment a teacher of mine said that refrigerators (if I remember correctly he was talking about some that exist today) that sent a message to your phone indicating when you were low on milk and other items in the refigerator; and with todays technology you could have your phone set so you would receive the message when you were located inside the store.

But what fascinates me the most is the possibility of a wireless electricity: edition.cnn.com/.../

• Yes driverless cars!!!

• I can't wait for the future :D

• This will lead to sex robots, kewl.

What Guys Said 19

• We really live in such an exciting time for progress. This is why I'm working hard to become a computer engineer and I hope to be involved in robotics someday. With scientific and technological advancements we can improve the quality of life for people around the world. Our lives are going to be incredibly interesting because we will see our world transition to a completely online one.

• Wish I weren't born that early.

• "5. The Internet of Things

Is the network is the network of physical object devices, vehicles, buildings and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity that enables these objects to collect and exchange data. So basically it will be like the internet world merging with the real work like how you see in that image above."

I worked on the design of that in the late 90s. It was the development of what later became known as WiFi. The idea was to use wireless to connect all the appliances, TV, radio, stereo, lights, heating, etc. At the time, interconnecting everything in the house had some problems. One of which was cost, but also some technical problems. So that part of it was dropped. You can look at WiFi as a stripped down version of it.

40 million dollars down the drain - didn't work as desired and was too expensive. It'll happen though, if there is a market for it.

• Wow very interesting thanks for that insight man.

• The funny thing is that at the time I thought it was a stupid technology. I thought that nobody would want it. I was sure wrong. Now WiFi is everywhere. :)

• Yeah its awesome :)

• And ALL of these will be used for porn.

• I can't wait to bang a robot

• I've devised a conceptual for future tech too: S'Poling tethers. They're along the same lines as this stuff, but would create the ultimate in micromanagement and harassment of someone under the thumb of government.

Think about it: someone currently under house arrest only sets off an alarm if they walk a certain distance too far from their home, or if they are caught by the SCRAM drinking again.

A S'Poler, however, would give away to LEOs on the other end a super-ridiculous amount of additional information - including kidney function and testosterone levels in blood! And if the prob officer doesn't like our hypothetical house arrest girl bringing her boyfriend over for a little Netflix and Chill, he can always adjust her deviation vector.

If she gets too lucky in guessing the dead-center acceptance point and annoys the officer who's trying to puppeteer her, he can always just reset her satellite GPS acceptance point to the South Pole, thus making it impossible for her to not be arrested. The unit's blackbox and radio feeds would give a court all the evidence they need to know how much fear, anger, or other emotions she was feeling at any given point in time - using her own health data against her in court as the spin the interpretation of evidence 8000 ways to Sunday. Even if her lawyer was an eyewitness, he'd be declared "anti-science" for disputing court interpretations of evidence.

Now, I pity whoever actually devices a form factor and working blueprints for my invention. It violates so many Amendments it isn't funny, and would be a human rights protection nightmare, loved by fascist regimes the world over.

But here's what's scary: S'Polers can already exist! They just require reverse-engineering of NASA equipment, a Kindle, and a FitBit. Or in a pinch, most smartphones could be reverse-engineered to create most of the needed internals.

All this new future tech looks promising. But it does have a dark side.

• LOL @ #4 like just wow

Fuck that, boring ass piece of shit car

• It got a ticket once... for driving too slow! 24 in a 35 zone. So much for being a "smart" car! I'm sure Google didn't mind paying the ticket though... barely even a slap on the wrist for them!

• @ObscuredBeyond AHAHAHA wow what a piece of SHIT

• Great Take, we all need these technology gadgets.

• AI and driverless car belongs to the same class, I think.

AI and augmented reality would be big in the near future. Everything else seems a little meh once you get those.

Most AI are currently massive database that contain as many answers as possible to all the questions rather than true AI which requires creativity.

Augmented reality is struggling to get a foothold with enough users.

IOT has been around and growing. However, malware and stuff are creeping into the unsecured systems. Manufacturers are still trying to learn.

Exoskeleton is nice but you keep going back to the power problem. You need a battery that can actually carry itself and stuff for a while.

• You're missing most of the good stuff but whatever.

• These are evolutionary, not revolutionary.

At some point, genetic engineering is going to change the world as we know it. Today, we can read genomes with some time and money. We do not know what every "word" in DNA means or how it relates to its organism. Some we do, and we can clip some strands out and put new ones in.

At some point, maybe 50, maybe 100 years from now, we will be able to design organisms the way we design cars or airplanes today, on a computer. Then that DNA can be created and inserted into an appropriate cellular matrix and that organism can be created.

• Im still waiting on my hover board and flying car.

• Hoverboards are a thing now. problem is a lot of them are exploding when they're charged so you have to both very rich and very careful which brand you buy.

• @BaileyisDarcy actually there are actual hover boards. They use the same principle of Maglev trains and can only be ridden in a magnetic skate park. The video is on youtube with proskaters trying to ride it.

• If your kitchen is connected to the internet then it can be hacked too :/ I really don't want death by kitchen to be my fate :P

• All other technology that you mentioned are fine, but I don't agree with point no #3, that is artificial intelligence. I mean my view on that is artificial intelligence shouldn't become a reality because if it does then I believe one day that might result in a war which in turn will not be good for humans.

Of course that's only my view.

• Exoskeleton technology is a niche product at best, if you want transformative technology I recommend you look into mass produced electric cars, electric airplanes, reusable rockets, genetic engineering, cloning, 3D printing, lab grown organs, etc.

• I like cloning, but I think that falls more under the category of like medicine I suppose. I also love gene splicing.

• Well I mean medicine is an umbrella term. If I just deleted all the medical things I just wrote and wrote medicine instead it'd not make sense because we already have medicine today. Medical advances do count as technology advances.

• gene therapy will become available making it possible for certain even many people to change their bodies in real time or before their born. probably not completly but enough

when that happens i really wonder what the world will be like almost anythings possible then.

if everyone can become a genius?
    if everyone can become super strong?
    change their dna and abilities (not x-men styles though, lol)

what then?

i wonder there will probably still be a class of people who are living in straw huts and millions of them

tons of people in china.

probably nothing will change excess people will just be used as disposable labour force

we are inequal

there may even probably be a huge evolution in humans while another branch of humans emerge and the humans who dont have access to the gene therapies will become extinct.

• I'd assume the gov would probably only let you get a hold of it if you abousletly need it for like a disease you have.

• Exactly why socialized medicine needs to die.

• I feel like there should be a balance when it comes to integrating technology into our lives. At a certian point there's a line that has been crossed where it becomes detrimental.

I've heard people talking about things like uploading our consciousness onto computers to become immortal but from what I understand we still die. You aren't "moving" your essence onto a computer, youd just be "creating a copy" of you on the computer and then deleting the original. The current you would cease to wxist while new computer copy with all of your pervious memories and knowledge takes its place.

• None of these are future technologies, and AI is something that permeates everything else.

Having said that, AI is the only thing that will matter eventually. It will put billions of people out of work, and unlike what Stephen Hawkings thinks, I think when AI gets smart enough, they will just leave us for dead on this planet as it goes into deep space to seek out a better source of energy.

• I think exoskeletons would change lots of people's lives too.

• It's quite simple: Everyone wants to be Iron Wolverine. Yet, the same existential dilemmas will find themselves waiting at the end of that tunnel.