Ten Interesting Photos From The Past (Part II): A Tad Disturbing Ones

WARNING: These are not zestful photos and quite a lot of them are disturbing. (Some people may be sensitive).

Now, a lot of you guys liked my other myTake about interesting photos from the past and some suggested I made a creepy version of it. Here are some creepy, mysterious and touchy photos from the past.

1. The Dead Wife

The woman in this photo is actually dead. After her death, her husband put make up on her face and took this photo. He pretended she was alive for a one whole month.

2. "The most beautiful suicide"

This is a picture of 23-year-old Evelyn McHale right after her death. After leaving his fiance, she jumped off to her death from the Empire State Building and hit a United Nations limousine parked at the curb. They found this note: "He is much better off without me, I wouldn't make a good wife for anybody."

The case was captioned as "the most beautiful suicide" by Life magazine.

3. Eyes full of hatred

This is a photo of a nazi commander right after he learnt the photographer taking his photo was Jewish.

4. Prize-winning Photograph!

A photo of a starving toddler trying to reach a feeding center when a vulture landed nearby, apparently waiting for him to die. Taken by Kevin Carter, who later committed suicide because of...well I guess we all know why.

5. Shell Shock

This is a photo of a soldier having a war trauma (shell shock) during World War I.

6. No words for this one

Photo of a little Polish girl who grew up in a concentration camp. When she was asked to draw what "home" is.

7. Minutes before murder

Photo of Regina Walters (14.) She was forced to wear this black dress and heels right before being killed by her abductor and torturer Robert Rhoades. (hope he rots in hell.)

8. Showing up at your own funeral?

Tried not to get into the "ghost" concept on this myTake but couldn't help to share this one. lol

Freddy Jackson was an English air mechanic who died in an accident. His funeral had taken place on the day this group portrait of the squadron was taken. Now, behind the man on the top row, there appears to be an extra "ghostly face". After they saw the photo, the soldiers easily recognized the face as Jackson's.

Some people suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

Well how do you interpret this?

9. Vaporized Shadows

The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima...Human shadows caused by the intensity of the nuclear blast when the bomb was dropped.

10. Satan Claus?

Now what kind of imbecile parents let their child to be on that horse with that gruesome man who is supposed to be Santa Claus. More like Satan Claus. Wait.... @SatanClaus ? :O

Let me know which one makes you want to kill me right now for sharing it? lol

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 23

• #1 really got to me,
    The death of his wife just broke him

• I really like the one of the starving kid. I know it's scary and awful what those people go through, but it shows how tough the world is, and how nature works.
    I'm fascinated about that kind of stuff, stuff most people would feel bad about, but I'm intrigued as it makes me think about life.
    Most people would look away when seeing that picture; I tend to look closer.

Nice take.

• Exactly. It's awful and terrible but speaks directly to your heart and reminds you how much of an hell the world has become nowadays..

Glad you liked it.:)

• 3 is Goebbels.

And why can't an ugly guy dress up like Santa?

• nope an ugly guy dressing up like Santa would look way different than that gory, creepy looking evil Santa.

• Thank you a lot love for giving me a good night sleep 😂😂😂😂😂

• Damn the picture of Regina Walters is haunting. I can't imagine what was going through her mind... knowing it would be her last time on earth. That's sad.

Where did you get pic 3 from?

• Seen um... but ya know... that photographer could have fuckin picked up the kid or given him something to eat instead of... committing suicide... or letting the kid die
    booksandlipstick.altervista.org/.../...271x300.jpg

• Seen them.

• wow... Thanks for pointing out some great options for developing a fear and or phobia... just kidding... super creepy !!! Hey I would rather have an idea of what the worst looks like that way I know who to avoid at walmart... lol

• Why didn't the person in #4 help the toddler and scare the vulture away?

• I have no idea. He probably looked at it in just a professional way. You know I'm here to take my photos and nothing else. Little did he notice that there was no humanity left in his heart. But who am i to judge right? Later he felt extremely guilty for what he did and killed himself. Sometimes life is just about making the right decision when the moment comes. because there's no second chance..

• that horse looks more like a donkey to me xD

• #3 reminds me of the look I give to girlfriends I find out like Twilight.

My guess in photo #8 is that it's just some double exposure effect of some sort, a simple photographic error really. Though my preferred theory is that it's actually a time travelling Christopher Walken. Seriously, look at that ghostly visage and tell me that's not Christopher Walken.

• haha oh yeah he kinda looks like him :O But I still think the guy just wanted to prank his mates lol

• Very interesting take, certainly opened my mind rather than actually scaring/disturbing me. Although the childnapping is just plain disturbing, it's extremely sad to see people who get sick thrills from doing that kind of thing to another alive human being.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

• Best Take of 2016 so far...

• Vaporized shadows was so cool

• Didn't know about vaporized shadows. Thanks for sharing.

About 8. Showing up at your own funeral? -- Do you realize that the soldier whose behind the ghost appeared, would have shitted his pants after he saw and noticed the ghost?

Also if you can please do a Creepy photos Part 2 !!

• oh hell yeah if I were that guy I'd die of a heart attack or something lol

I'd like to make a part 2 to this, but afraid people are going to say "that's fucking enough" lol

• fuck people, I will like your take and read. I like creepy stuff. Please do. :)

• hahaha ok glad you enjoy creepy stuff:)

• The kid from the concentration camp, the vulture and the vaporised shadow provide the WTF moments.

• The suicide one really does look artistic :o

• Well the first photo was actually pretty common practice when photographs where first invented. It was a memento mori, basicly they where to expensive for a person to take a picture but upon death, wanting to remember the person, they would dish out the money for the photo. If you see an old picture where the people are a bit blurry but one, its because the one is dead (the others are blurry due to long exposure times and the slight shifting that occures while waiting).
    theghostdiaries.com/.../Victorian-death-photos.jpg

(also in the last photo they are riding a donkey not a horse. He is evil looking though, maybe its Krampus in disguise?)

• I hate that photo of that kid. How can people detach themselves from reality just by using a camera? I'd have picked the kid up and carried him on my shoulders to food and shelter. Fuck the picture. Human life ain't entertainment. Kids are priceless. The rest of us can rot but the kids must be protected

• The journalist one was so sad

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 12

• Really interesting MyTake. Love it. =)

• the rape victim and the shell shock pictures are awesome... all are great pics tho.

• These photos are from a Youtube video lol

• #1 is bullshit. unless he kept her on ice, there's no way her face and body would be OK a month after dying.

• It doesn't say this photo is a month later. It's probably on the day of death.

• @Fugue he painted her eyes? wow, such skill! ;)

leave me alone please.

• The photo retouched, genius.

• I remember finding victorian or 19th century photoa of beheaded women with children holding the heads. For some reason pictures back in 18th,19th and early 20 are disturbing. Im guessing because of the events.

• Children holding their heads? Wow that's really awful.
      I believe awful things happen in every era, whether it be less disturbing or not :/

• I like all but the last one. It's very disturbing yet interesting at the same time. It's also very sad..., creepy. A lot of words and emotions that I can't describe.

• I've seen quite a few of these before but that suicide one is very "beautiful" the one with the starving child absolutely kills me. It just hurts to look at. Good take.

• I recently discovered the most beautiful suicide, it is beautiful and sad.

Eyes full of hate is scary.

Kevin Carter's photograph of the starving girl is heartbreaking. He never helped her, the vulture flew away, but she had to walk who knows how long alone and sick. The St. Petersburg Times in Florida wrote: "The man adjusting his lens to take just the right frame of her suffering, might just as well be a predator, another vulture on the scene”.

Regina didn't deserve that, none of his victims did.

And the shadows, it's so sad. It looked like the person had a cane, they were old and then to be killed for a war they were probably in no way involved in.

Krampus

• I just lovedddddd number3 😂😂😂 the best!!! Fucking sick bastard! 7 was some sick shit😠😢
    Number 5 is what usually happens to them all.
    1 in a weird way was kinda sweet cause he didn't wanna let her go, but still creepy AF
    8 was funny I'd do that😁😀😊😄☺
    Number 6 is fucked up. She can only see chaos.
    4 hurts my soul!!! To the core😢😢😢 I hope he helped the kid if not IDC what happened to him
    2 is sad yet artistic, kinda exploiting her death though.
    9 is dope AF I wanna see those one day!
    10 is by far the creepiest.. reminds me of that Christmas episode of tales from the crypt with the crazy Santa Claus.

• #4 - He left the kid to die and won a prize for that photo. Later he committed suicide leaving a note like this " I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain... of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners" so yeah...:/

Agreed with your comments haha

• Thanks for the 411 in that case my comment remains as is lol. Piece of shit he is. Karma is a bitch! Who watches a child die? Esp if they have the power to stop it😑 R. I. P... baby boy😇

• yeah, may the little angel rest in peace.:)

• Wow that husband put wayyy to much blush on her!

All kidding aside, this take is really fascinating.

• Ahh #2...
    I had a full-size poster of that, above mah bed, as a bipolar teenager ("manic-depressive", as it was still called back then).
    Biggest poster I had.

Back then, I went back and forth a lot on wanting to stay alive... but NEVER on wanting to look mah very best.
    Priorities...

• I'm sorry for reminding you those bad times :/

• Ahh well, thanks.

In lots of ways, it was like pressing the fast-forward button on self-discovery. Since I cycled through so many different mental states, I learned a lot more about myself, and about what I did (and didn't) do well, and could (and couldn't) handle, under various kinds of circumstances.

And, even in the thick of it, it wasn't ALL bad. There were at least some upsides to everything. For instance, the depressive states also came with this super-epic kind of concentration, which let me get lost in things, and learn things with a depth that I wasn't otherwise capable of. And they also gave me more creative power, with writing and so on.

Plus, no one'll love ya quite like a crazy girl will. <3

• I loved all of tem
    Good job