Things You Were "Supposed" To Outgrow By The Time You're An Adult

1. Watching cartoons

Things You Were

Cartoons bought me so much joy as a kid. Does there come a time when someone really has to stop solely based on age?

2. Playing videogames

I know plenty of adults that still play videogames, and they aren't even ashamed of it. Just take a look at youTube you'll see how many adults have gaming channels.

3. Playing with toys

I had a blast playing with toys as a kid. It's something that brings me a lot of joy, how many of you never want to stop this?

4. Sucking your thumb

Watching an adult suck their thumb just makes me cringe! Were you missing a pacifier when you were younger?

Perverted men, I know what you're thinking! You want to provide this woman with a "healthy" alternative!

Huh what? Last time I checked that never hurts. -Gulps my words-

5. Wearing pajamas

How many of you have traded in your pajamas for night cowns, or a basic comfortable clothing? No one knows what you look like when you're sleeping (besides yourself and significant other of course), so if this is what provides you comfort I say you're never too old! Go for it!

6. Saying the word "Mommy" or "Daddy"

Some people feel referring to your parent(s) as "Mommy" or "Daddy" is something that should be stopped once you're over 12. It seems rather babyish and childish for someone big in size to use such a word.

7. Dying your hair bright colors

This is the only thing, I will say adults can get away with but it really depends on their age.

This woman's selection of colors is horrendous and as me thinking about a peacock.

Just what on Earth was she thinking? I know, perhaps she wasn't even thinking at all!

No one over the age of 40 should still be doing this. Even the age "40" in itself is pushing it in my opinion.

This lady right here, looks great! Lets fast forward 20+ years and we'll see how drastic my opinion is about this.

8. Eating babyfood or ordering from the kids menu

Some adults buy baby food because they love the taste, others may go to fast food restaurants such as McDonalds and order themselves a happy meal.

9. Wearing your food

When this food is all over your face and clothes, this is marked as unacceptable. Only a toddler or a young child can get away with this!
Don't give me that bullcrap!

You have decades worth of being properly trained on how to eat food, no exceptions necessary!

10. Throwing a tantrum

As adults, we should understand that in life you do not always get your way. It's perfectly normal to experience disappointments or let downs. However, at this stage in life you should have a grip on how to handle when you get upset or angry. Breaking things, having extreme outbursts, or crying uncontrollably shows someone that is not able to handle their emotions.

Yikes! This extreme display in emotions is difficult to watch.

Stacy, look away! and I mean NOW!

11. Trick or treating

Trick or treating is for children! Halloween parties are for adults. Do you understand the difference? Ringing someone's doorbell and going from house to house is childish!
Hey, Hey! I see some of you are getting defensive...don't kill me!

How many of you adults still do this?
How many of these just drive you absolutely crazy when you see it?

Feel free to comment below!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 41

• I still watch certain cartoons, such as Archer
    I play video games
    I also wear PJs as I get cold

• Is it bad I don't do any of these things. You're making me feel all old and boringly nature.

• Eternally young! I refuse to grow up and become a boring person.
    49.media.tumblr.com/.../...wrzkTM1sodo64o1_400.gif

• Only one of these: wearing pajamas.
    Brussels ( 50°51′01″ N) is on the same latitude as Calgary in Canada (51.0486° N ) . about likeVancouver (BC, 49.2827° N,) thus. No US cities that much N.
    It's cooler here than in many US states. (but the differences are less extreme, due to the sea close by.)

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with PJs or video games. :)

• lol, some of these are pretty funny. I agree with Chief16, I think the people that think you should outgrow things are usually pretty stuck up and boring. No sense of humor etc. I still watch cartoons and play video games from time to time. A lot of cartoons I find are geared more to adults anyway when you really pay attention to them. I think it's healthy to a point to remain somewhat "childish" You have to have fun in live and not be serious all the time. But also there's too childish and some people really do need to grow up a little lol

• I stopped using mommy & daddy when I was six. Adults using those terms? That's just disturbing.

• Oh, my God!!! Some of these are unbelievable!!! Some adults suck their damn thumbs? That's crazy!!!

• To be honest, I outgrew most of that, but not for being grown up. I don't like modern day cartoons for being racist against Asian males, constantly portraying us as nerds, funny foreigners, or villains.

And I'm against most video games for that, plus I'm sick of the gaming companies' greed with the DLCs and stuff.

I'm mostly spending my money on books and music. And metal and industrial music is something that I'll never give up.

• #1 and #2 are still designed for adults. Cartoons like Archer and ATHF aren't meant for kids. And GTA and Call of Duty are inappropriate for children as well.

• Some of those i still appreciate others not so much and hang on to the innocent appreciation and childish excitement if you can, have fun!!!

• I think most of these are alright. Okay, nine is disgusting, but except for that one, I really don't care. I personally don't like hair dyed in bright colours, but if someone wants it, they should go for it. And I find words like mummy and daddy cringeworthy, but that's just my opinion, and outside of a formal situation you should talk however you want to.

• I do ALL of that!!!

• except sucking your thumb and eat baby food, I still do all this things!

• I don't think "Family Guy" targets kids.

• Technically they don't. But outsiders believe that it has over the top and immature comedy, making it childish and more suitable for kids and teenagers. "Cartoony" has gotten a negative meaning over the years from outsiders where they use it to describe something silly and over the top. Because of that, people subcontiously assume that anything literally cartoony (art in motion created by adults) has to fit their definition of cartoony

• Oh, I wear my food all the time (the things you can do with chocolate syrup...).
    Good list tho. Some people are afraid of growing up, but really, being a grownup is just being a responsible kid sometimes.

• I still watch cartoons, play video games, and while I haven't taken out my toys in a while, I wouldn't mind doing so again. I was really into Star Wars, Transformers, LEGO, vehicles, and creatures.

In fact, once I have some money I'd like to get back into collecting toys again.

• i agree with you on 10 i see it so much on here

• I still watch some cartoons and play video games. I remember when I was little and wondered when I would stop playing video games. As I got older, I realized that it is just another form of entertainment.

• Are there any adults who actually suck their thump? Never met any... not even teens actually...

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 32

• I literally do all of those except the thumb sucking (I sometimes even do this but just the tip of my thumb)
    And I don't watch the modern cartoons, I watch courage the cowardly dog, ed edd and eddy etc.

• I play video games. All of these other things sound like some sort of nutty eccentricities - if you're an adult. o. O

Except the pajamas - people, lots of grown people - still like to have specific clothing just for sleep, i. e. pajamas. xD

• Watching cartoons sounds like an eccentricity? There are lots of cartoons for older people now. It isn't all about a mouse beating up on a cat anymore.

• It really isn't that obvious to me. I know several people that have made fun of me for watching stuff like family guy. They consider all types of cartoons to be for little kids, as well as all video games.

• @heavensgift2girls Oh, never seen that show in it's entirety... Probably not my thing - from a few clips I've seen on youtube...
      Cartoons for adults - I always think of animated movies, not so much actual cartoons.

• lol hahaha I'm only guilty of the first 3.

• I do some. Now those about sucking your thumb or wearing your food are just gross lol I actually still enjoy watching cartoons, and playing video games with my children lol
    But some of these are too much. I've never said "mommy or daddy" not even as a child. & throwing a tantrum at 23? I don't think so..

• I've never done 4, 6, 7 or 11 and I've grown out of 8

• No more sucking the thumb.

• I've seen a grown man throw a tantrum. XD It's not pleasant to look at. Thankfully most adults STOP that nonsense, and some people (like me) have never had a tantrum. I don't know if that's rare or not, but I was raised correctly, and there was not a thing in the world I wanted or begged for. Actually, my only wish was something I knew I couldn't have... Crying and screaming won't change a damn thing.

• Sorry. Can't outgrow #s 1-5. And as for #10, some adults have a hard time controlling their emotions.

• I will forever call my parents Mummy and Daddy lol

• I order from the kids menu all the time. The meal are the right size!
    Video games are really designed for adults. Ask any game designer! Their target audience is 16-30. Why? Because these ( usually guys) have plenty of disposable income! Wearing PJ.. Well I get cold! I love toy stores! Who wouldn't! Children's games can become very adult!

• What is life if you can't let loose and act like a child from time to time?

• Honestly, I'll do whatever makes me happy and so should anybody else. Just because society does not agree with certain things does not mean you should change who you are or stop doing what makes you happy just for the sake to fit in.

• I still watch cartoons (well, occasionally), play video games (like MY LIFE!) and say 'Daddy' but, usually only playfully or sarcastically. But yeah, life's fun with a playful outlook.

• Yep. Sometimes, I feel I'm just not at the same pace as my peers. So, no dating or sex for me. They go out the window.

• Majority of video games are made for teens and young adults, few are made for children.
    I've done mostly all of them; the ones I don't do are 6,10, and 11; never done them, even as a child.

• This was very enjoyable to read and I am disgusted when adults throw tantrums like toddlers.

• I think 1, 2, 5, are fine and maybe even 3 and 8 can be acceptable. The rest aren't at all.

• I still order a happy meal sometimes, but never order kids menu stuff anywhere else. I feel like it's only acceptable at McDonald's lol

• Lol, I think I'll be around dead when I stop a few things.

• Oh, man. I love cartoons!

• More from Girls
    12