Positions For Reading

Instead of finding sex positions for people to try, here are reading positions to try.

As fellow book-worms may know, there's a struggle to find a good position when reading a long part of a book in one sitting.

Positions For Reading.

Haha.

On your side.

If you have glasses, don't lay like this. But sometimes lying on my side while reading helps take the pressure off my back/neck.

Laying on your belly.

This also helps relieve pressure off your back but can strain your neck. Recomended as a last resort.

Sitting up with a bent leg.

This allows comfortabliity and a stand for you to put your book on.

Upside down.

Sometimes you give up, lay upside down and read. This feels really good on your back/neck but may cause a head-rush, especially if you sit up too fast.

Sitting up in that weird way so your back is also on the floor/seat and your legs are higher than your head.

That's my favorite reading position and I have no idea how to describe it. But I read often so I generally sit like that.

So fellow book-worms, what're your favorite reading positions?

Also, when I say reading, I mean a paperback/hardcover book, nothing on a tablet/computer/phone.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• I like mytake

• Forgot to say reading while laying down on your side when wearing glasses sucks indeed

• non looks comfortable to me

• I pretty much exclusively read from my phone while in the bus/train.

• I wread fdoggie style

• "The thinker" is the position I pose when I am taking a dump. If I'm doing natures most disgusting act I'm gonna look good while doing it...

• Nice take...

• hahahaha this is an original take. i love it.

reading the words on the inside of the page can be annoying since they curve in on thick books. ideas?

• I like that bent over position Tbh baha

• I've a weak back :( this might help.

• doggy style

• I am a bit weird when it comes to reading I am the equivalent of the "Missionary position only" reader, I can only ready when my bodyshape is sitting, the only difference is where my body is floor, sofa, bed etc. My eyes lose focus if I try anything else.

• Oh yea, the inchworm is hot! My favorite reading position by far. Followed by the dracula.

• Haha my favorite is the modified BeyoncĂ©.

• I thought you'd like that one.

Thanks for this post by the way, all that sex stuff sure gets tired after seeing it go by eight times.

• Haha I'm nerdy so of course I like it
      and you're welcome :) that's why I posted it. there's a lot of sex positions and such but i'd rather look at reading positions

• I'm always moving... can't be in one position for long... arrrghhhhhhh

What Girls Said 11

• I prefer lying on my side. When I was a kid I preferred with a flashlight, in my bed, past my bedtime. But then my parents always knew when I was reading because I would fall asleep reading all the time most of the time the book would still be my hands. Which I still do this all the time.

• I couldn't do some of those because it would kill my ability to focus.

• This feels like it was written for me. I love reading and i am always finding different ways to sit

• There are many variations in reading positions depending on mood, matter, and habits. I always prefer to read / write anything on my desk, sitting in perfect position, using light from back or using table lamp, and continuously for two to four hours. I may have biological break in between, but usually complete a topic or chapter at one sitting. Place and position play an important role in building concentration - particularly reading for study.

• This is hilarious! Thank you for the laugh! :)

• lmfao. mr. lonely. i like reading a la robinson crusoe and metamorphosis. but i've dropped books on my face before :x

• Well, I used to read a lot, but when we got WiFi my mom stopped going to the library so I can't really get any more books... (All the books in our house are written in like, 1970... Seriously, I checked one shelf and about 9/10s of them were -_-)

So, I still consider myself a reader, I just can't do it at the moment.

And my favorite was probably... Well I had a few favorites: sitting criss cross with 1 leg bent up.

Lying down in bed with the blanket on and the book on top of the blanket.

And... The last is a secret ;)

• I prefer laying on my side.. But I also like sitting across the side of my bed, back against the wall, with my feet hanging off the edge.

• I just move to find a more comfortable position when I am uncomfortable

• My posture is literally flawless. I can sit upright for hours and hours and hours without the slightest bit of slouching, whether it's reading a book, working on a laptop, or driving all the way across the country in one shot.
    ... Hey, if there's one thing you learn as a model, it's the ability to hold initially uncomfortable positions (like GOOD posture) until they become comfortable. That's a serious perk.

Very much 1984, in this diagram. Absolutely straight up and down. My 2 older brothers are officers in the Marines, and I sit even straighter than they do.
    I don't even slouch enough for the picture to have color. LOL

You can even take the back of the chair/couch away, and... nope. Still perfectly upright.
    I've actually had grown men tell me that I intimidate them just by the way I sit on a fucking bar stool. I'm like REALLY GUYS?
    lmao

• finally! my kind of take :D i like reading while curled up on my side with my head propped up by my hand.

• Haha that's something I do when I am close to finishing the book

• @the_rake when i'm deep inside a book, i forget i'm even moving and adjust naturally

• haha the autopilot shift, I like