5 Scary Places You Don't Want To Visit...

1. The island of the dolls:

5 Scary places you don't want to visit...

Mexico Xochimilco is a district of Mexico City that contains an extensive system of canals and artificial islands, or chinampas, the most famous of which belonged to a man named Julian Santana Barrera. After he discovered the body of a dead girl in a nearby canal, he began collecting discarded dolls and doll parts, which he would hang from the trees on his island in an attempt to ward off evil spirits. Mr Barrera died in 2001, but the dolls remain, and the creepy island can be visited by boat.

2. Tower of London:

Go to legend, haunted by dozens of regal souls, many of whom met their end within its grey walls. They include Thomas Becket, whose ghost has reportedly been sighted here; Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury (the Princes in the Tower), who were probably murdered here in 1483; Anne Boleyn, beheaded at Tower Green in 1536; and Catherine Howard, who was executed six years later.

3. Akoigahara:

Japan This forest at the base of Mount Fuji is like something out of The Blair Witch Project. It has an historic association with demons in Japanese mythology, and is the second most popular place in the world for suicides, after San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. More than 50 people took their own lives here in 2010 alone, and an annual body hunt is undertaken by volunteers. The forest is also noted for its quietness, thanks to the wind-blocking density of the trees. Hikers are advised to use plastic tape to mark their route and avoid getting lost.

4. The death railway:

Thailand More than 90,000 labourers and 16,000 Allied prisoners of wars died during the construction of a 258-mile railway between Bangkok and Myanmar, a horrific episode that forms the backdrop for David Lean's The Bridge on the River Kwai. A ride on a surviving section of the route is now a popular activity for visitors to Kanchanaburi, to the northwest of the Thai capital. The train hugs the sides of sheer cliffs, and passes over a number of rickety wooden bridges.

5. Bran Castle:

Romania Bran Castle is known for its connections with Vlad the Impaler - better known as Count Dracula. Vlad was - even by the standards of the 15th century - an exceptionally cruel ruler, known to impale rather than behead his enemies, though not - like Dracula - resort to drinking their blood. Vampire masks, blood-red wine and wooden daggers jostle for prominence in the market below the castle. Inside, winding spiral staircases and low cavernous doorways increase the sense of menace.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

• You don't get me.
    These places sound awesome

• I'd go to any of em except the Japanese forest and the island of dolls. Except maybe to burn the island to the ground.

Also you forgot to add in all the gory and horrifying things that actually happened in Bran castle. Like how vlad would murder children bake them into pies and then trick the parents of the child into eating their own children... and that's not even the worst of it.

• i'd totally go to that japanese forest and call bullshit lol

• It's been done already it is actually haunted the spirits are party why it has such a high suicide rate to.

• @melmel1 netflix?

• I don't know, I saw it at the movie theaters. Lol. But I doubt it

• I visited all of them already. Yeah Im crazy.

• i like scary places I visit them to experience adventure and fear

• I'd say Juarez, Mexico or San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

• As others here said, good take! It is captivating to see or hear about something different from time to time.

• They all are places I would visit

• I'd go anyway =)))

• thought the railroad tracks were scary cuz a train could potentially come through while walking along them

choo choo

• people saying they wanna visit these places
    sike
    im good right here.

• I am proud of you

• The scary place I don't want to visit is where my head could very possibly be chopped off... so, no muslim countries for me nor the so-called muslim areas in western cities

• There's nothing scary about the Tower of London.

• my life is already haunted, so i will go to all these places without any problem

• so 5 places i should visit, gotcha!

• I like scary places. I want to take a girl to a scary place and have her jump in my arms for comfort.

• As a matter of fact, I do want to visit these places!

• Welp, I got another place to check out... Bran Castle :P

• Nice take...

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 17

• You mean 5 scary places you DO want to visit. I know I do.

• you just listed all the places I should go to

I've been in xochimilco

• Places I need to go. Still, I could never do it alone.

• @Artist10 we should visit these places, if your up for it lol ; P

• Interesting places, nice article

• The Tower of London isn't supposed to be scary actually.

• I want to visit them ALL! Awesome take!

• I'd love to go to one of these places AND to Chernobyl!!

• wow so good, totally adding them to the bucket list :P haha

• I would actually recommend avoiding the Japanese forest that place is no joke. The spirits and demons there are pretty powerful and dangerous.

• @Phoenix98 😳😳😳 I don't even know what to say lol that is so awful

• Yeah... me to, I still have a hard time fathoming such a... person if you could even call him that could ever exist I mean even Hitler wasn't that bad, compared to this guy. If there was ever a man who truly deserved to burn in hell it's Vlad he was evil personified.

• Nice take

• Cool places, I like them all.

• I've been to the tower of London.

• I thought the forrest in Japan was the most popular place for suicides. If Akoighara is 2nd, whats the number one place?

• San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
      it's actually written in the article xD

• @kahokohino whoa I apologize. Somehow i read the first part and bottom yet completely missed that!

• Thank you for sharing this but I'm not easily scared and I would gladly accept the challenge of visiting them.

• I want to go there XD

• Can I add... the Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville Louisiana. It is known is the most haunted homes in America.

• good take 🤓