A Tribute To London- My Hometown

A Tribute To London- My Hometown

Despite its grey, miserable skies , and lack of tropical beaches ....London does have its perks.

1. Its one of the most diverse cities on Earth

2. It DOES have beautiful scenery believe it or not. Some of these images i couldnt even get to grips that is was London!

This image was taken from a place called Regents Park, which is situated in North West London.

I too thought that this must have been taken out from a movie about dinosaurs or something, but nope , these are realistic sculptures that can be found in Crystal Palace Park.

This may look like an exotic beachy shot, but its in fact a photo taken by a river at London Southbank

The above spectacular image are of The Horniman Museum and Gardens (not what you're thinking.) Located at Forest Hill, and has been operating since the Victorian era.

3. Places to visit

- Buckingham Palace

Located in the City of Westminster, The Queen of England resides in a private apartment on the North side of the palace. Over 50,000 people visit the Palace each year as guests !

- London Eye

Europe's tallest Ferris wheel, from the top of the London Eye you can see things about 25 miles away.

-Trafalgar Square

Is a popular destination for London visitors, You'll often find cultural events, performances, shows and other special activities going by the fountains. In Christmas you'll find the biggest Christmas tree in London.

- Big Ben

Big Ben is the name given for the great bell of the clock,which weighs more than 13 tons (13,760 kg )

-Tower Bridge

Situated across The River Thames, the bridge is 244 metres long and each tower is 65 metres high, and are among London's most iconic landmarks.

- Madame Tussauds

No these aren't real people 😏This is a waxwork of part of The Royal Family which you can find at a place called Madam Tussauds, along with hundreds of other amazingly made sculptors of famous people. Awesome for taking pictures!

4.There’s always something new and exciting going on.

London hosted its very own International Pillow Fight Day on 2nd April 2016 at Trafalgar Square

5. Beautiful Parks

You're never far from a park, London has more green space than any major city in the world.

6. The Royal Family

Although im not really fussed about this bunch, I thought i'd better give them recognition as they're a symbolism of Britain itself.

7. Traditional English Food Dishes

So plain yet so chique, it just wouldn't be English without these 😂

- Fish and Chips

Fish and chips are not normally home cooked but bought at a fish and chip shop ("chippie" ) to eat on premises or as a take away.

-Tea

-Associated with the South West of England, especially Devon and Cornwall and served in cafes and tearooms all over.

- The Sunday Roast

Once, most families in the UK would sit down together for a big roast lunch every Sunday. This rarely happens nowadays, and roast can be eaten any time of the day.

-The fry up - or ‘Full English’ breakfast

Although its called 'Breakfast' , you wouldn't usually find us eating this every morning, and i personally think it can be eaten at any time 😝

Hope you enjoyed this ! 🙃🙂

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 24

• Well, Tea isn't really British.
    Its Indian and Chineses, you guys just import a lot of it

• Thanks for the info...

• Hey, considering that the first written mention of Tea is from the 2nd BC in Ancient China and is generally considered to be a millenia older than that it really is only fair.

• Ahhhh I want to visit

• nice mytake

• I have been to London before Its an Awesome place. I had a great time

• You forgot my favourite place in London! (It's not really in central London, but it sits next to the Thames) Kew Gardens!
    www.burohappold.com/.../...20Crossing%20bridge.jpg
    grayshawandyeo.co.uk/.../..._House_-_Sept_2008.jpg
    www.lensbury.com/.../Kew-Gardens.jpg

• Why are English people usually ugly though?

• You need to stop bashing people about their looks. You' can't really comment on that aspect.

• My parents went and I hope to go one day also. They loved it and sure I would as well.

• It's a pity its so expensive. :(

• Would love to visit there one day!

• London is a really beautiful city, great Take :D

• I have only visited London once but I absolutely love and adore the heck out the city... but even I know that there is no such park named "Regents Park" because it's name Regent Park ;)

• Very cool take, and well written.

• Big up for my fellow Londoner! 🙌👍

• Everything you state is overrated.
    Londonistan is one of the ugliest cities I have seen in my life and I have traveled a lot for my young age. Honestly the only thing thats worth in London is the museums. Most of them are free and all of them have great exhibitions. Otherwise it's shit. You search for British people with binoculars, only thing you see is rude muslims who don't respect personal space, the food is worse than shit, after all Britain has a bad reputation in the kitchen and the city in general is dirty and undeveloped for a capital city of a European country. I have been in much better places in the UK.

• London is great 😛

• Thanks for this. It reminded me of how much I miss home. I live in NZ but I'm British and although I'm not originally from London, it's definitely my spiritual home. I've lived in a few places and I'm currently in New Zealand but London is the only place I've ever felt was truly where I belonged. I went back last year and loved every minute and was so sad when I had to go back to NZ.

It has its rough edges and may not be as clean as Singapore, have Sydney's weather or be as "liveable" as Vancouver or Auckland but it truly is a world class city. The buzz I get from being there is just something I've never been close to feeling in NZ.

• You're definitely right about the cleanliness and weather!
      I'd love to visit New Zealand and Australia one day.

• NZ is a great place to visit and for the right kind of person it's great to live here too. It's expensive though and if you like big buzzing cities like London and you aren't really into sport or the outdoors it soon gets a bit boring.

• London is AWESOME! Truly one of the most spectacular cities in the world! I have visited London several times and God willing will visit it several times more.

• London is awesome! :)

• Unfortunately, it's way too damn expensive city.

• cos your country is poor by comparison?

• It really isn't when you compare it to some other countries

• I dunno. I've read it in newspaper that it's second most expensive city in the world.

• I also like how my cousin was mugged twice there

• we're all bad since some are thieves and assault others... cool.

• No negative vibes please.

• Surry ma fault

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 11

• Nice take. I am going to London this summer and am very excited

• Beautiful "My Take," sis @CaramelCookie and hats off to you.
    I saw just the other day that Queen Elizabeth celebrated her 90th Birthday and that Obama and David Cameron were standing side by Side, Nothing to Hide, But in discussion for London's future in the EU.
    I stopped off once in Heathrow Airport on my way back from Egypt and it may have been crazy but Cosmos was great and the people real friendly. The shopping was fun as well.
    Good luck and Great One. xxoo

• Thanks sis 🤗
      Yes thats right, didn't attend her birthday tho LOL
      X

• Oh, so welcome, sis, and sorry you couldn't go... lol... What do you get a Queen MUM who has everything? xxoo

• I really enjoyed the English breakfast :)

• I plan to visit London one day :)

• Lol every time I say I live in London people think central, and they're so amazed, but only tiny proportion of London looks like that, the rest of London is pretty much mouldy old council houses or in the poorer parts you get the ugly large block buildings... 😐😐 When I think London I never think central, ever. Know people from all over London apart from central. WHO TF LIVES THERE? 😂

Wish I could go central more often but travel costs makes me cry. 😭

• I just LOVE London!

• hey girl^^
    I loved London :) and I ve saw most of the places you stated ^^
    I was supposed to go again this summer but it won t work out unfortunately :/
    snifff

• My life's ambition is the UK but I'm obsessed with London since I was little my parents took me and I was like a little kids in a candy store and I'm going to school for English literature because I love British classics and all the BBC shows and henry cavill.

• my father is from London

• I grew up in london and have to say, it's an absolute shit hole to grow up in unless you're lucky enough to live in one of the few posh areas. The main city is great and you can do so much and i love how easy it is to travel around. But the place is not nice in the poverty stricken suburbs.

• I visited London one time and the food was good I went to restaurants that had Italian and French food and I got to visit the shops and i think go to a museum