Why That Unattractive Man Got The Beautiful Woman

I'm a very attractive and confident woman. My self-security shows in my upright posture and walk.

When you have both characteristics, you come off as a woman of power to others, which

in some cases may allow a person to become intimidated by you.

I know the word "attractive" is subjective because each and every person has a certain type

that appeals to them.

I am basing my appearance off of the way I feel about myself, and how others react to me on a daily basis; through everyday encounters.

I get told regularly I should become a model if that isn't the path I have already chosen in life.

I am slightly taller than average, I am thin and shapely, I have long limps, and unique facial features.

I get complimented regularly by mostly men and some women. I get told I am beautiful, pretty or gorgeous.

Each and every time I hear those words, I remain humble and never become full of myself.

I feel when someone becomes "full of themselves", they become poisoned. They allow

the compliments they receive to define them, and they present themselves as self-absorbed,

conceited, and stuck up.

I never want to come across as that, so I always politely smile and say "Thank you".

For a great portion of my life, I was made to feel as if my appearance wasn't good enough. Although I always felt myself as attractive, I didn't wear the best clothes, I didn't have the best hairstyles, as a teenager I had acne. This caused me to be made fun of by other children in school. I refer to what I went through as the "domino effect" because when a popular person chose to dislike me, literally everyone in the entire school did. Either they were a participant of the bullying or they stood back and laughed (which caused just as much damage to my soul, as those that shouted out horrible names and slurs at me).

When I was a senior in high school, I got my first job and started spending money on fashionable clothing and trendy hairstyles. When I did this, peoples reaction towards me became polar opposite of what I faced. For the first time in my life, I had men questioning if they were good enough for me (based on their physical appearance). I had men telling me how attractive I am. I had people looking at me and smiling as I walked by; in admiration. I had literally jumped on a side of the fence that I never knew existed. As a attractive woman, I found that people were more kind to me. When I appeared as less attractive earlier on, it was almost as if I was invisible to the world, with beauty came power, and a million guys wanting to date you.

In seconds of talking to me, people were quickly able to see that the way they "thought I was" held high inaccuracy. They were able to see I was humble and down to earth. My past experiences taught me to see peoples soul's instead of their appearance first. The guy I chose to date was a bit overweight, myself on the other hand was slim and shapely. My facial features were considered attractive, and his on the other hand were considered average or below. The fact that he possessed such a great personality, made him one of the most attractive men to me. I had met many others before him, which may have been considered more attractive, but they didn't have what could keep me........he did.

When we walked with each other arm and arm, or hand in hand, we heard people criticize us as a couple. "How did he get a girl like that?", "How much did he pay her to be with him?". This made his insecurities set in even more. He hated when I chose to dress up. Instead, he wanted me to dress down so people wouldn't take notice of me as much. I reassured him, that I love him and that what no one said mattered.

I even had to listen to one of my relatives tell me, "You are such a beautiful girl, you could have gotten a handsome man."

Why were we judged so harshly as a couple?

Why couldn't people just see two human-beings in love?

Every one expects a person to be superficial because of the way that they look, when in reality, looks may very well be the last thing on their mind.

What mattered was that he was beautiful to me, and I didn't feel myself out of his league, as others might have said. He had great personality traits to bring to the table, and that was what contented me by far!

Sure, someone deemed physically attractive by societal standards, are those who are nice to look at, but from personal observation I notice that if they didn't go through what I went through, they usually don't have ability to know how hard it is on the other side of the fence. Since they lack that experience, they don't know what it's like to be torn on the inside about the way that you look. These types of people may come across as "stuck up, conceited, and full of themselves" like I described earlier. They are, who land the good looking the stereotypes attached to them, whether it's intentional or not.

I knew my significant other's struggles when it came to being desired by the opposite sex, I knew the pain he had with the way he looked, I could relate to him on every aspect with that. Why? because I went through that myself. I didn't ever want to make someone feel as if they weren't good enough for me based on their appearance, when I knew in my heart that they were because we had everything in common.

What mattered the most, was my perception of my significant other not societies.

So, the next time you see an attractive person with an average/below average partner, question yourself before you make judgment. Who is the real superficial person out there? It most certainly isn't that couple, because they look happy together, while you are ripping them a part in your mind, questioning their love.

True love doesn't create walls.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 61

• Are you trying to say black men in general are ugly and white women in general are beautiful?

• Not really but I wouldn't x someone out because of their weight.

• That's a yes another thing women on here can't admit to.

• I want to say something here for attractive guys. As I am sure you are aware, 'attractive' guys can be beautiful on the inside as well. I'm not saying that you were inferring otherwise, but just because somebody wants to date somebody else that is physically appealing (to them personally) as well as emotionally appealing, it does not mean that that person is shallow or conceited.

• Yes, I am sure people know that as well. With anything in life , always comes judgment. If an attractive person wants to date an attractive person they will be labeled shallow. If an attractive person wants to date someone below average or average they will be considered gold - digger. I think no matter the circumstance attractive people are labeled negatively based on who they choose to dare. For this specific mytake I wanted to focus on just attractive people "dating below their league".

• *based on who they choose to date

Why do you start off every take with how attractive you are and yet never show your picture?

140 takes isn't "every" take. This is only the third take I've written which has to do with my looks. If someone doesn't want to read about it then feel free not to click on a take that's clearly a personal story of how society views me and my ten year relationship.
      I am a professional that posts very personal things on this site and would rather not be identified.
      Those that have formed close relationships with me on here have been sent photos upon request.

I have been told you do this kind of thing fairly often.

Rumors are hardly ever true and are usually exaggerations. I'd take those people comments with a grain of salt.

• great take

• This is what you call all kindz of steriods, no way you can achieve this naturally since we all have genetic limits on muscle.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...1-8f01-a73142582ecb.jpg

• Hopefully I can get that beautiful woman.

• That is VERY true I am very glad that a woman took the risk to say something about this subject! What tore my ex and I apart was our age difference (I'm almost 30 and she was a bit older not by to much), but I have money and she has looks to me and I feel the same as you explain your other half, however she went through a similar situation you did... then she got mixed up with a wrong person and completely changed from the amazing woman I was going to marry, to someone that couldn't tell the truth anymore. It was because the people in her life either called her a gold-digger, or that she could find so much better because she is amazing to me. We were so much in love and behind closed doors we were so close so in love, her kids looked to me as their father (which was completely fine with me) the story is quite a bit longer. I just want to share that when you make a comment when people are in public and they look so in love leave them be or say something re-assuring for one of them. Don't try to break them so you can take one of them, or cause a fight between them... because you don't know when pushing someone one time might drive them to the point that might forever ruin two peoples lives.

• Wow that explains a lot. I guess i won't judge them anymore because i always did but never understood why. In fact, i was one of those guys who had once a gorgeous girlfriend and everyone asked me how i got her to be my girlfriend and all i said was " i was myself and she liked me for who i was".

Great take!!

• Funny you should say that... Bet if she was the hideous one, and you were the stunner, her personality wouldn't mean shit.

• You sound like you lack a interesting personality but have a gorgeous face.

• You sound like you have nothing to offer physically or mentally.

• So it's how an unattractive looking man got the woman who doesn't even care about looks?

• Like I said, the title all has to do with societies perception of us. I am seen as "beautiful" and he is seen as "unattractive" IN my mind, we're both beautiful. If only society could stop being superficial and stop basing everything off of looks, then this article would never be made.

• Women who brag about how hot they are usually aren't that attractive at all.

• Clearly, it's a crime to mention that you are attractive. Don't have to have you believe me. I know what goes on in my everyday life and the crap me and my guy has faced.

• You can mention but not over and over again. Trust us men, we know if you're smoking hot.

• Didn't know mentioning it twice was called over and over again. Ever thought I'd have to mention I am attractive because it has everything to do with this article? If you don't want to hear about someones looks don't click on an article with looks being a dead give away. Of course , that's going to be the main topic Einstein.

• Well most western women are stupid and have bad taste in men, so this myTake isn't surprising.

• Girls are simply money and confidence addicts, and it just results in them chasing after the wrong guys.

• And guys are just chasing the most beautiful girls or the ones who don't have ambition

• @FrenchEmma Most guys like sass just not the bosssy annoying kind generally.

• Why the fuck is simeon natty (greatest natural panda of all time next to richard pianoman) in here

• You know what's really unattractive? Constantly repeating that you're attractive. You established that in the first sentence of the take and then continued to restate it. Even the Victoria's Secret models don't do that.
    You either come off as conceited or as someone with hidden self esteem issues.

• Another whiny man who refuses to capture the point of this take but would rather focus on the two times I mentioned that I am attractive because it has everything to do with this take.
      Apparently , saying that you are good looking is such a terrible thing.
      So you know the Victoria models personally to know what they do? Look, continue your crying is a mytake explaining your frustrations about what I've written , maybe someone will care to read it. I don't and could careless what someone who doesn't know me personally thinks about me.

• *pointed out to me

• I wasn't sending you a message I was chatting with others. As long as they comment on ur post , u will get notified. For someone who acts as if they know it all I'd expect you to know that. Just block me so I don't have to see your crap anymore.

• I noticed something in that first picture.

• after reading lot of cmnts.. and going through ur take 2-3 times... i usually don't cmnt when a bad take is posted.. but urs hit a new low... whether ur intentions were good or not.. u &#! t at writing take. ur tagline n ur whatever it is have very very little connection... n what's ur perception in my mind about u* yeah thats after u write a bs , is that u r definitely not hot or cute.. ur hater who lacks confidence and can't accept others correcting her

• Yeah , I'll take criticism about my writing from someone who fails at English , grammar and spelling. Wow you're not only a hypocrite and an illegal alien but you're dumb as a rock , a walking contradiction and an imbecile. :D don't worry I'm laughing with you!

• More like
      He slaps you he goes to jail
      He kicks you he goes to jail

• @Dlewis_111 haha, better late than never, u r more of a loser than i thought u were

• Bravo, bravo, I would Give this my take a full 5 stars had that I could actually believe every word and example you have given. but I have grown up In a society where looks have been made as one of the many priorities in this world.

I'm not a good looking guy, but my bad experiences in the dating scene are enough to convince me that there is potentially someone out there for me. and no I have never had the attention of any women in public. I just cannot take anything or anyone seriously when the bland, generic response to this subject comes up.

• Its little bit complicated. You are just judging peoples with their body's. It's not only about how do you look.

• Usually girls that describe themselves as attractive in the first sentence aren't that hot...

• You sound stupid. So , if I were to say it in the second sentence it'd be more believable?
      Do me a favor , and read the take and understand the message it's sending out. This isn't about proving to the world how hot I am. I know what goes on in my life , it's about having the ability to be able to see someone skin deep rather than being superficial.

• Aside from recycling my insults , what do you have the brain capacity to do?

• I agree if I had a nickel every time I heard a girl on here say she's hot?
      I could buy the Playboy Mansion.

• Why? Well maybe it's because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iyeUcFKRv4

• More from Guys
    41

What Girls Said 40

• Nice take. You mind if I write one about unattractive girls and hot guys?

• Is he really joe pesci unattractive?

• I think he's average/cute but some women have thought he was ugly or so/so.

• I'm just glad my boyfriend is easy on the eyes with a good heart. The total package.

• No, the REAL reason why that ugly scrap got the beautiful woman is because the ditzy idiot doesn't realize that if the roles were reversed, and she were the ugly one, he'd shit down her throat. He'd gut her alive, and piss on her insides until they melt. The best an ugly girl would get with a hot guy is a one night stand with a bag over her head maybe AFTER she's bought him 20 drinks. Believe me babe. If that fat guy lived your life, empathy would be the last thing on his mind. He wouldn't care about how shit he felt before everyone found him breathtaking. In fact, he'd relish in his new gift, and rightfully so.

Men truly are the superior logical ones when it comes to this issue. An attractive male doesn't allow himself to be swooned by mere pitiful words of kindness, because he KNOWS he can get better. He doesn't reduce himself. He is as ruthless as he is beautiful. Why go for an ugly nice guy, when you can get a hot one? Being attractive gives you a VIP ticket to the best of the best, so why scavenge in the trash and grace the male gender with mercy when they have none for us?

Beautiful women are like graphite, while beautiful men are like diamonds. This is because of women LIKE YOU. Us ladies who actually try to value the eyesight that is given to us have faced melancholic cesspool of miserable decay the disproportionate male/female beauty ratio has to offer. Every time we leave the house, we see plenty of beautiful women all over the place, that provide men with their daily eye candy. Where as us on the other hand get NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-NG. We are stuck drowning in a cesspool of repugnant stench encrusted genetic vomit. We are not graced with ONE single attractive male in sight for miles, all the while THEY get to see a pretty little lady at every turn in REAL LIFE. What's the best we get? A photoshopped guy in a magazine?

The more beautiful women mate with hideous men (which is practically a rule of the universe), they have a higher chance of producing either an attractive daughter/ugly son. It's unlikely that they'll produce an attractive son, unless the attractive mother has features that would look good on a male too. Due to this, more pretty girls than boys are born; and as the ratio breaks down more and more, this will only increase. It's a huge circle. This is all thanks to people like YOU. While you wish to throw pity on a fat boy who'd practically walk through you if he matched your beauty, you bring the rest of us down right you.

• "Why go for an ugly nice guy, when you can get a hot one?"
      I know this seems off, but by that I meant to say "HOT nice guy". The whole package.

• ummm...

• True love doesn't create walls
    True love builts bridges

• I honestly don't mind dating someone who is "not in my league". I think it's happened to a lot of people when someone who just isn't maybe as attractive as you are is into you. I won't lie, appearance does play a part for me, not a big one but it's there, as a whole I think my idea of an attractive guy is just a little different than most anyway. Personality to me is SOO important. Nice guys are my favorite, not like the fedora, friendzoned kind but like just guys whose mothers taught them right. Guys who have good sense of humor and neither I nor him will get offended with a dark joke. That's always nice. I just like an easy going person. This guy is really in love with my best friend and she just likes him as a friend. He is so sweet and yeah he's a little heavy but not fat but he's got a cute face, what's her problem? I think they'd be perfect.

• Babe, you do realize that fat boy would shit in her eye sockets if the roles were reversed, and he was the stunner, right? Hot guys don't waste their time with ugly ladies, so why should hot ladies grace ugly guys with such mercy?
      "What's her problem?" She actually appreciates herself, and has self value. Physical sexual attraction is something dictated by EVOLUTION. A person's appearance can say volumes about their genetic makeup and health. She was subconsciously just programmed that way. Her problem is that she doesn't want to have her womb oozed into with a lardo's semen, sharing half of her future child's genes.

• @JiingJjingi You need to calm down. If him being heavy set was all you got out of what I said then you missed the whole point. The guy himself is an amazing person and him being a big guy isn't even something that bothers my friend. That's not why she's not into him. You don't know my best friend and you don't know the guy so maybe this is comment you should have kept to yourself.

• my god the men are whiney on this lmaoo

• So, besides thinking that the tone you wrote this with was a little snobby. The message you're trying to get across is one that I... kinda, sorta, might agree with... a little.

First if you haven't noticed people's relationships don't last as long if they don't have similar interests. An attractive person usually makes fitness and healthy eating a priority, and I have a hard believing that dating an obese person wouldn't irk them.

Another point is being super overweight isn't just unattractive, it's unhealthy and means that they have no self discipline, which again isn't something a man shiuld be missing in my opinion.

other things like yellow teeth, messy hair, bad complexion, and other stuff that makes people unattractive are because they don't take care of themselves. Attractive people take care of themselves and view it as important, unattractive people don't and I think that's why more often than not ugly people and attractive people don't go together.

• Snobby is a personal view that is opinionated and holds no fact. I don't think I came across that way , neither did more than half of the users who shared their stories as well.
      But anyway thanks for ur opinion this isn't up for discussion

• Ok then😐

• sometimes, they are sweeter and knows the boundaries, and girls are attracted with their humbleness.

• I respect individual women's decision to date men who aren't sexually attractive, but resent the pressure given to all women to forgo sexual attraction.

After all, the male partner is going to want frequent and varied sex - being able to accommodate and even relish this desire is much more satisfactory when you feel genuine SEXUAL desire on your end too.

• I am completely uninterested in a person's appearance when it comes to choosing a mate. In fact, I cannot find a persona physically attractive AT ALL if I do not first find them intellectually attractive.

• Hmmm.

My experience as someone who has dated someone in the past who others thought was less attractive, the formula was simple. He was funny, amazingly nice to me, and intrigued me. I grew to like him, even if at first I didn't want ANY boyfriend at that age. Even though I knew what I drooled for physically and he wasn't that. He stimulated me on many levels, so much so, that he didn't need to be close in looks to get me.

For me, it was SO simple. To this day, I can't analyze it. It's just how I approach partnering with people.

• "Oh, but he's such a nice guy".
      Wouldn't be so nice to you if you were hideous, and he were the hotty. This disproportionate mercy pisses me off so much.
      Sick of pretty girls being so giving.

• This post so relates to me... Once upon a time ago, I dated a guy because of his looks. Everyone used to admire us as a couple and even mentioned we were one of the most attractive couple from our country. But inside i dont know eveyrthing was going bad and now even when i think of him, I feel hurt and scared. When i went away from him. There was another guy who was sweet and caring. I fell for his personality and we started dating.
    With him around, i could ignore the world and hold his hand be myself even though people would glare at us and some of my friends told me that I have become blind but the truth was I felt such a relief inside and happy with him.

Well I am not with him but i still have feelings for him.

MY point is fall for the personality first then the looks.
    If you still want to go for looks first then I won't say not to go for looks. Go for it but also at the same time get to know his or her personality before jumping into relationship.

IT may take time but if that person is meant to be your right one then they will remain with you no matter what.

~~ <3

• Because love is being able to see through fake tits, makeup to cover the true colors, and muscles that can potentially hurt you later on. My 1st love.. we were an odd couple he was tall skinnier white quiet.. basically everything that im not black, short, stubby, curvy and out going.. everyone thinks that I can do better and th fact is there'll always be someone hotter than bae... but that person can be It for what they provide.. not what they lack

• Thank you for sharing. My boyfriend and I meet the "odd couple" criteria. I was a little thicker in high school, didn't know how to do my make up had acne etc. He thought I was beautiful any way. After I finished up with puberty I thinned out and skin cleared up. He stayed short and gained some extra weight. We had stayed friends after a breakup for 10 years. I dated the guys I had thought I wanted. I saw them as my equals. When I became pregnant it became obvious "prince charming" only wanted me for my body and with the incoming changes he was gone like the wind. It seems he did not view me or my body as his equal but a object to be used and discarded at his discretion. My boyfriend still thought I was beautiful at any shape or size. I'm really happy that we ended up together. My baby was 4 months old when we started dating and we didn't start getting funny looks until I lost my baby weight. And THAT honestly infuriates me. It's like a subconscious notion that a stranger is more entitled to access to my body than the man that has loved and cherished me through my darkest hour just because their face happens to be symmetrical.

• I love this. I was bullied a lot when I was a kid and thought I was ugly for the longest time. When I got older I was shocked to find out that people considered me beautiful and all the girls who picked on me were actually very unattractive. In a way, I felt justice was being served, but maybe the reason they looked so unattractive was because how ugly they were on the inside. I'm sure your significant other is beautiful because of how amazing he is on the inside. You are probably one of the most beautiful couples out there :)

• Sure, unattractive guys can get some girls, if they are very rich... but those girls are usually gold diggers.

• Why is this lowkey you just trying to brag about your "looks" lmfao. If you were that attractive wouldn't you have your picture up?

• I am a private person. I don't even have a social media account. I'm not an attention whore, that feels the need to broadcast their photos to seek validation. This site also isn't even for dating , so it's un-necessary to have it up.
      Also, I wasn't bragging I was simply just saying I am attractive and describing my looks. Learn the difference.
      Since , you've asked me a question , let me ask you one. Why do you feel to poorly attempt to ridicule someone all while checking off the anonymous option like the little nipple sucking bitch you are?

• *Why do you feel the need to poorly attempt to ridicule someone all while checking off the anonymous option like the little nipple sucking bitch you are? (Correction)

• Very great article, thank you. I understand you, I am kinda considered "attractive" in my area and my boyfriend is considered "ugly" to others. Except that he's a little bit shorter and younger looking than me but we're the same age. I at first has no problem with that but I eventually broke off with him because I started believing what the society told me is true, I believed that I needed someone better looking and taller than me, but all of them are kinda jerks. I realised that I don't have to listen to what the society says after reading your article, so thank you very much.

• More from Girls
    20