Keeping things to yourself!

We all have things to say...they can be either private things or insignificant things which are not really important....have you ever told to yourself : " why should i speak my thoughts?"

Keeping things to yourself!

Whatever is inside your head can be bothering you...or making you feel skeptical.

Have you ever asked yourself if you can sort this out on your own? Or if it better remains to yourself? (your thoughts)

Do you really think its worth to discuss with someone else...and not deal with it personally?

Why should a person open up their mind (their freedom of thought) to others...when the thought belongs to him/her? (it also has something to do with decision making).

These few questions might have popped into the minds of few people before deciding to seek other people's opinions or point of view

What are your thoughts about it?

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• I was open, now. I just keep my thoughts to myself. it hurts and slowly burns me, but what can I do

• I like what you're saying here, and this opens up the issue of trust with a lot of people in my mind. You mentioned decision making as an issue with telling others stuff that you think or feel. The thing I want to point out about this if I may elaborate further is that the issue of trust and lack there of of others has more to do with lack of trust in ones ability to make good decisions.

Generally I find people that don't trust others enough to tell them things, is that they don't trust themselves, in the sense of being able to tell if a person has good or bad intentions toward them. I find this behavior rampant in nice guys and gals.
    Often nice people are not so nice, they often have a hidden agenda, now I'm talking about the nice people that don't trust here, not the genuinely kind people of the world.
    When the person whom has limited experience in life, love, relationships of any kind and even worldly knowledge, they tend to trust the wrong people and distrust the right ones.
    Keeping secrets can be detrimental to ones health as well as to others, it's more so out of fear of the unknown emotional reactions or opinions of others that they will not tell people things.
    My best advice to anyone that can't seem to trust others due to whatever negative past experiences is to trust and to be open and vulnerable to others, in being hurt is how we learn, whom to trust and whom to not trust.

Ask questions if you don't know, you'll be surprised to find people that are very objective and don't really care so much about your secret thoughts or problems enough to judge you but they would rather help you. So further more, don't stuff it down, don't hide it or it will damage your physical and emotional health.

• A woman keeping things to herself lol. Women and secrets are like buckets with holes in them and water. Never met a woman who could keep her trap shut. Eapecially if theyre in trouble.

• I have no problem not sharing thoughts wantonly. Most of them are temporary or emotional anyway.

• I pretty much always keep things to myself never know how people are gonna react which is why I haven't told anyone in real life I'm bi it wouldn't go down well so just leave it.

• Great question and wow finally anonymous is allowed by you Miss M. It depends if the thing in my mind is odd and if it can be resolved by sharing it. I tend to not expose the more intimate things in my mind until I talk to the right person/one I truly trust the most.

• i think we should keep it to our selves because most of the times people dont understand us or dont respect our opinions.

What Girls Said 2

• I Usually Handle Most Serious Situations to Myself and Let Go and Let God help me through, @zombiebabe.
    However, Many times over the years, I have Confided in my mom or my parents, Even a trusted Sibling or Close friend to the End, And this helps as well.
    Finding Someone to talk to is Hard sometimes because it is The Trust Thing that Many find Harder to Find than Dealing with the Problem at hand.
    Good luck and Great My Take. xx

• If we have people we feel we can trust, it always feels better to share it. At least you don't have to bear the weight alone. The load becomes lighter.

This is what happens when you have people you know will always hear you and not judge you.