9 Reasons Why I Hate The Summer Time

Ah, summertime at last. The weather is warm, the animals are out and about, and nature is at it's peak of beauty. This is the time of the year that people are taking their families to the park, people are hanging out at the beach, and everyone is packing away the bulky winter clothing. I love the sights, sounds, and smells of summer, but I hate the season as a whole.

1. Bugs

Bugs everywhere! This is insane! I want these wasps and ants to DIE and STAY DEAD!Why I Hate The Summer Time

2. Heat

I'm a cold loving person. I have a cold heart. a cold attitude, and an icy soul. I need my winter air back before this summer heat melts me.

3. Insecurities

I'm a big girl, so I loath the summer time. Now is when everyone is getting "beach ready" and buying revealing clothing. Meanwhile, I can never find a bathing suit that doesn't make me look like a beached whale, so I just don't go swimming. When I go out in public I cover up as much as possible, which leads to lots of sweating. It's hard to survive in jeans and a t shirt during the summer, but I refuse to wear shorts. I don't like how they feel or look on me.

4. Invites to go places and being too nice to reject people

Summer is the season when everyone wants to go out and do things. I get invited along to the beach, lakes, parks, and even just a trip to the mall. I don't like to go into public situations, so I hate going out, but either I'm too kind to refuse people or my family forces me to go with them. Then I have to move and see other people. Please see reason number 3 again.

5. Allergies

Ah, the sweet smell of pollen... I mean flowers.

6. Sun burn

I'm a snow colored creature. I burn during 30 minute car rides. No amount of sun screen can save me!

7. Roadside vendors/events that I can't go to

I have very limited money, but I see tons of booths and sales going on outside and want to blow all of my cash on them. I'm especially into yard sales because it's fun to see what other people have used in their lives, but I'm always tempted to buy EVERYTHING.

8. More people are out

During the summer, I can't even walk down the street without someone spotting me and making conversation of some type. I'm far from a people person, so I dislike this very much. Most people aren't insane enough to go for a walk in the pouring rain or the freezing cold, so those are my favorite times to go out.

9. Sweat

I absolutely hate smelling bad and feeling sticky, so during summer I feel the need to shower repeatedly throughout the day. Sadly, I share one bathroom with four other people, so I can't do that. I have to just drown myself in perfume and scrub myself down with a wash clothe whenever I start to get a little too sticky.

All in all, summer isn't a terrible time of year. It's very pretty, and most people love the warmth and the ocean breeze on their skin. Unfortunately, summer just isn't for me, so wish me luck as I try to survive the next few months.

lexythelou22 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 24

• Didn't your cousin just post something about how much she loves the summer

• "6. Sun burn"
      I'm italian American I tan

• I get a very mild sunburn in the spring when it starts staying at 70 all day.
      Then I tan and never burn in the summer.

• I'm purely Italian. I become red as fuck even though I'm not super duper white for some reason. I tan only after having sun burnt once.

• For seasonal allergies, Nasacort + Claritin = happy warm season!

Both can be purchased over the counter so you don't have to see a doctor to get these.

• I hate 1, 2, 5 and 6

• There's NO reason to dislike summer. To me whoever dislikes summer is WEIRD. PERIOD.

Fuck winter by the way.

• ye i hate summer

• There's one reason I hate summer: it's too fucking hot.

• Being a very hairy man even I HATE summers and hot weather conditions. 😭

• Yea I love spring... light thin jackets but not too hot... favourite season

• I do honestly feel for you. I can relate to most of those.

• I don't like summer much. But your reasons are caused because of your whinyness.

• Obviously. I sweat, get allergies, and get sun burns because I whine. That is what created these things. My whining brought out the sun to burn everyone and make people sweat. My complaining made the flowers open up and spill pollen. Learn the meaning of "caused".

• 😂 Is the true true lexy..
    Come visit me it's sun is shining like 50°C here. In afternoon.. Although I go out.. But not for more then +1hr. Don't wanna get sun stroke..
    If it's like 30-35°C it can mean a whole day of outdoor fun activities...
    1) 😂 Summer time means freedom from bugs here.. They fall and die or burn in the scorching sun.. Bugs are much trouble after rain and before summer.
    2) I like some heat but not a huge fan of it...
    3) INSECURITY - 😂 IF YOU go outside.. In sun in bikini in summer.. I promise you will find your roasted like a sausage with a sunstroke by the evening..
    4) introvert here. So much worse.. Here festival are always going on and people stopped asking me since they know my answer will be NO.
    5) Sunburn = I never had one.. I have no idea how it feels like. From childhood I spent whole morning afternoon and evening in sun around 40°C.. I just don't get it how can someone burn from sun.. Unless they are vampire or their descendents..
    6) Allergies = hate them but it's more here after rain and at beginning of year just after winter ends..
    7) roadside vendors - 12 months you can find vendors here.. Except for flooded conditions. I wonder why I never got tempted to their products.. I pass bye like I never noticed them..
    8) summer means summertime saddness here. Empty roads and streets like the town just got robbed..
    10) Sweat - 2 Showers natural.. Sometimes 3. Is okay.
    Hate sweat too..

But I FUCKING LOVE WINTER.. IT freezes everything and feels like time has stopped.. Dew on the grass and mist and fog.. I wonder how snow feeling and looks when entire nature wears a sheet of snow..
    Last to last winter it went to 3°C here I very much enjoyed the shirtless exercising.. It was the first time in my life when I went of berserk.. And it was almost impossible to sweat.. Nad whatever sweat I had was about to freeze on my body.. ..
    That feeling was awesome.. And this take was awesome tooo...

The same winter I went out for a walk and ended up writing some stuff I will message you
    ...

• Wow it's quite a feat you're still alive then

• yeah... no. summer is fucking great!

• Completely agreed

• Suns out guns out and if u dint have em, just stay in baha time for big boys.

• A small pistol is bigger than you. You know it.

• Do I burn muscle when I dont eat food for 24 hours?

• My abdoman looks so very damn much better when I dont eat food for 24 hours. Eating food causes me to have bloated belly which makes me look fat.

• Good reasons, bugs and heat are the worst...

• why 9 .. u couldnt just make it 10 and add one more reason

• I didn't put 9 in my title, it was originally just reasons I hate the summer time.

• They love to add the number of points to the title, they did that to my myTake too.

• Looks like you need at least a part-time job indoors, then parade your money earned outside after dusk... too bad about the drive-in movies fad.

• I hate summer , it's 45+ °C on average here, warm air.. I want snow or at least normal weather.

• I hate summers to core of death. Though I live in the colder parts of India whenever I visit south or central India I sweat like a tap.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 23

• Picture in #1 deathly terrifies me and my number one reason why I hate summer.

• The sun burn thing is so real.
    I burn no matter now much sun screen I put on :(

• The only thing I dislike about summer is the heat & humidity.

• Aww well to me summer is the time where I can run outside or just plain walk for a couple of hours and enjoy that fresh air. Although I do agree that bugs are just AAA! lol As for bathing. You can't cover your fat no matter how much you try. You can still see the outline. Don't worry just have fun! I was never a girl who like to wearing bathing suits. I am more of a short short type a girl and a t-shirt lol!

• I'm with you on wanting to avoid people. Totally me!

• Did I hack your account and write this in my sleep? LMAO 100% agree, this is exactly me too!

• Besides 5 and 6 (luckily I don't have them), I totally agree!

• could't agree more! Love this. 👍🏻

• I hate heat and I'm allergic to sweat

but yay summer right?

• Dear god the allergies. I feel you. That's the only thing that I like about winter - I'm not as allergic to it.

• You can actually make number 3 a Motivation. I'm a big girl as well and I would rather wear fuzzy coats and earmuffs as well. But now I live in Bangkok where you would sweat from waiting for the bus for only 5 minutes. I'm dead serious. And that a whole year long, year after year. You don't get Winter here except for like 2 days in one year where it would be like 16 °C. Heavenly.

Everywhere around me, girls wear hot pants and tops, short skirts and flowy mini dresses... And here I am in long thick jeans and a T-shirt. How boring and mom-like. Guys always talk about girls in short stuff. I always feel ugly and rejected by society. So now I'm working towards that goal. I can't wait for the time when I will feel comfortable enough to go out in a tank top and a mid-thigh skirt and feel what little wind this goddamn hellish metropole has to offer in my legs and shoulders. And I want some guys to look at me as well and not be entirely invisible for the male population.

You can do this too. If you want to talk, message me.

• I hate the humidity and bugs and Sun burn too.
    I can never find a good swim suit either so I got a size m even though I could squeeze in a s and altered it

• Living in Arizona where the average Summer temperatures are around 110+ degrees Fahrenheit, I much prefer the Winter time any day.

• non of it can make me hate summer!!! non!!!)
    even though i hate bugs and espetially ants. I use sunscreen from burnings. Heat is better than cold and grey weather...
    I am not a big girl, though, so i have no insecurities with minimal clothes and thats another reason i love summer, no need to wear tons of clothes.

• You didn't mention mosquitoes! And in my teens I hated showing my legs, the top of my arms and my belly. Though I now have gotten over it, and I feel a lot less sweaty and hot. Plus, I always carry with me a fan for places that don't have air conditioning, and talk, it does wonders for stopping sweating. Shorts are very difficult to find in flattering cuts and in big sizes, but A line dresses and skirts are very easy to find and to wear for everyday.

• I agree the bugs, heat & the sweat.

• I love Summer... but I definitely can relate to #3, which is why I'm starting my weight training this week. I refuse to go through another Summer covered up. Lol.

• Right now where I live its supposed to be 92 degrees with 63% hummidity and it's only May. Last "winter" on Christmas day, the temp was 94 degrees and everyone was sweltering. We don't have a summer season, we have a summer half year and I absolutely hate it. Thankfully this year at least I decided to get my health in check literally so I wouldn't sweat to death like last year being overweight, but no matter, you're still going to feel it. My goal this year is to spend 95% of my time indoors, and the other 5% walking to and from my car to anyplace with air conditioning.

• 100% agree!! This is why I prefer winter lol

• This recks of goth/emo lol

• More from Girls
    3