Why I'm Okay (Maybe) With Not Having Children

Why I am okay with (maybe) not having children

I hate to say this, but I don't think I want children. Honestly I kind of hate saying it. I only say kind of because I know how much my parents want grandchildren. But I am sure my parents are more concerned with my happiness and well being than having more grandchildren. Don't get me wrong, I love being around kids, I love babysitting and I love my niece. I love to give her books I enjoyed when I was a kid, compliment her colored-in drawings of Elsa and Anna, watch Disney movies with her, and eating something unhealthy or fattening with her. But I also love to be on my own. Probably more than what is good for me. I am far to independent to have kids. I want an exiting life and having kids will weigh me down.

Another main reason for not wanting kids is this: I am happy with the life I have, why would I ever change that? This culture preaches that happiness is what we should all strive for, yet they will freak out when we deviate from the clichè life society has planned for us. I am happy, and I promise not to judge people who want a bazillion kids, plus I admit I love spoiling kids and then sending them home to their mother and father. That alone, is more than enough for me. However, I am open to the idea of kids but I am open to the idea of not having kids. Don't tell me I will change my mind when I meet the right guy, the choice to have children or not, is entirely up to me.

Ginnyweasley97 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• I don't want kids either

• Meh I would rather be rich bachelor like Batman

• Welcome to the club of those who think differently instead of just merely jumping on the bandwagon and follow what the majority thinks and feels about having children of their own.

There are many unavoidable risks that comes with bringing someone into existence into our current world and reality. It's a cruel world, all that happy cheery part is really just a sugar coated topping.

And regarding being happy, you only are happy if you believe think and feel you are happy.

Life comes with lots of misery, pain and troubles that simply can not be avoided.

Oh and the worst part is that you cannot control your children's thoughts and behavior, they may be very obedient or very rebellious as you can never predict and know for certain until after they've existed and had grown.

I think it's far worse to lose a child such as if something really bad happened either a fatal accident or if they had committed suicide than to choose to Never have Any children.

Besides, no one ever demanded or actually asked to to come into this world and existence, no one ever asked or requested to be born to this world so therefore it is much more considerate to decide clearly if children is really something you actually want than to bring them here all simply just to conform to the "norms" and "pressures" from friends, family, relatives, co-workers, etc.

• If I ever can afford it
    I'm getting fixed

No kids ever. I just don't want them.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel you, I mean I don't want children either. I grew up in a house with eight siblings, and it was crazy don't get me wrong I love my siblings and I'm glad my parents had me and them, but I couldn't handle having children like me and siblings. The house was always loud, and noisy. Me and my brothers and sisters drove my parents crazy. God bless them for dealing with us. I unfortunately couldn't deal with children. But I do love kids, so If my partner really wanted children, and since my parents really want grandchildren I'll consider having 1 at the most.

• Thank you! Thats how I feel, no kids for me. Freedom, money and doing what I want is where its at.

• I think there's too much pressure on women to have kids. It's hard for society to accept that women might not want kids.