My Top 11 Favorite Video Game Protagonists

Whether the protagonist is the hero or the villain, there are always those who are so awesome that we fall in love with them as soon as they appear on screen. Here are my top 11 favorite video game protagonists.

11. Niko Bellic

My top 11 favorite video game protagonists

The protagonist of GTAIV. Niko moved to Liberty City because he wanted a new life. he wanted to live the American dream, and it just so happens he has a cousin in Liberty City who's already living it. Or so his cousin says in his e-mails to Niko. When Niko arrives however, he soon discovers that his cousin has been lying to him. During his stay, he makes a lot of enemies who make Niko's life a whole lot harder.

10. Abigail ''Fetch'' Walker

The protagonist of Infamous: First Light. She's a conduit. A conduit is a human with superhero-like powers. One can be arrested just for being a conduit. she was forced to flee her parents' house after her parents reported her to the authorities. Her brother left with her and together they went to Seattle. They were homeless and they eventually became addicted to drugs. They got in trouble with the dealers, and Fetch eventually got her brother killed. Fetch later befriended another conduit, and together they started bringing the fight to the authorities.

9. Oliver

This little boy is the protagonist of Ni No Kuni. At first, Oliver lives a joyful life until his mother dies unexpectedly after she saves him from drowning. A few days later he sits in his room and starts crying. Some tears land onto a stuffed toy his mom made for him and his tears bring the doll to life. The doll says its name is Drippy and there is a chance Oliver can find his mother in his world, since every person in Oliver's world has a counterpart in the world of Ni No Kuni. Drippy brings Oliver to his world, where he meets lot's of new friends who help him find his mother's counterpart.

8. Clementine

The protagonist of the Walking Dead (Season 2) A mature, kind, and polite girl, she acts as the moral compass of her group of survivors, and tries her best to maintain the humanity of the group in a post-apocalyptic world. After losing the people closest to her, Clementine becomes hardened and more mature in her outlook, but still bravely overcomes the dangers of a post-apocalyptic world head-on and tries her best to maintain some of her previous faith in humanity, hanging on to what her caretaker and father figure Lee taught her and her own values.

7. Max Caulfield

The protagonist of Life is Strange. She is an 18-year-old aspiring photographer and senior at Blackwell Academy. She left her mom and dad in Seattle for the seaside town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon, where she grew up. After saving her childhood friend Chloe Price from being killed in one of the schools' bathrooms, she discovers she has the ability to rewind time. On the search for clues to solve the mysterious disappearance of Rachel Amber, Max must also discover how to use her powers to save the town of Arcadia Bay from a giant tornado.

6. Professor Layton

Layton is an English gentleman. He is incredibly brave, intelligent and athletic, as shown in all the games. He is always calm and is polite to everyone he meets. Harboring a great love for tea, and an even greater love for puzzles, he is the ideal gentleman. He has strong logical skills, which come into play on a regular basis. He is able to keep his calm, even in the worst situations.

He is an archaeology professor at Gressenheller University in London, world renowned for his puzzle-solving skills. He travels with his self-proclaimed apprentice, Luke Triton.

5. Geralt of Rivia

Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher and the main protagonist of the Witcher series. Like all Witchers, Geralt is a monster hunter for hire. He possesses superhuman abilities and is a master swordsman.

After finishing his witcher training, Geralt embarked into the world on a horse named Roach, a name he would bestow upon every one of his later horses. Thus, he became a monster slayer for hire.

4. Ellie Williams

The protagonist of The Last of Us: Left Behind. Ellie was born several years after the spread of the zombie virus. As a result, she grew up in an oppressive military Quarantine Zone in Boston, Massachusetts, with little knowledge of the world before the infection. Before Ellie's mother, Anna, died, she asked her friend Marlene to watch over Ellie. However, Ellie never really met Marlene until she was 13 years old. Marlene then asked an acquaintance of hers, Joel, to watch over Ellie and to deliver her to one of Marlene's camps on the other end of the city. When they arrive there, the camp appears to be destroyed, and Joel and Ellie decide to stay together and figure out what to do next.

3. Haytham Kenway

Even though he is not the protagonist of Assassin's creed 3, but merely a playable character at the beginning of the game. i still prefer him to the real protagonist, Connor. Haytham, son of Edward Kenway, was a high ranking member of the Templar order. He was a badass gentleman. He was always nice to his friends and allies. And wouldn't thinnk twice about killing an enemy, if he got the chance.

2. Yu Narukami

The protagonist from Persona 4 Golden. Yu Narukami moves to the small town of Inaba from Tokyo. When he first arrives in the small town, he seems shocked as he realizes he's gonna be stuck there for a whole year. He quickly befriends Yosuke Hanamura and Chie Satonaka, and the three of them discover there's a secret place inside the tv they call the ''tv world''. in this world, monsters called ''shadows'' exist. and the three unlock a hidden power within themselves called a ''Persona'' which they can use to fight the shadows. throughout the year, Yu befriends even more people who share the same Persona powers.

1. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake is the protagonist from the Uncharted game series. Nate is a fortune hunter, who often goes on dangerous expeditions, just to end up empty handed. when he was 15, he met a man called Victor Sullivan. Victor was an experienced thief who offered to take nate under his wing. Later in life he meets a reporter called Elena Fisher, who quickly turns into his love interest. the trio go on a few expeditions together. Victor hopes to find riches, while Elena just wants to have a great story for her tv show. The myths and legends the trio chase, never really turn out to be exactly what they expected.

And there you have it, my top 11 favorite video game protagonists.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 9

• But... But... But...
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Wheres Lara Croft? 😟😔😞😩😭😭😭😭

• SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI PERSONA 4 ^^

I've always wanted to give Professor Layton games a try one day. Though the rest on the list are just people from shooters.

• I like Geralt of Rivia and Ellie Williams, although, my real favorites are:

Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII
    40.media.tumblr.com/.../...kP9N41qfs9zoo2_1280.jpg

Tira from SoulCalibur
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...12fbcf9b16.jpg

Chris Redfield from Resident Evil
    vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...1291888414.jpg

• My favorite has always been Max Payne.

• I can't believe you forgot Link, but I'm happy with Haytham😄 AC3 was one of the best back stories in my opinion. LOVED that game.

• I loved it too. Mainly because of haytham though :3 can you believe how surprised I was when I heard they were making an assassins creed: rogue game, and they didn't give us haytham as the protagonist? That was such a mistake of ubisoft.

• Lmao, I agree. Even thiugh Rogue is still pretty good, I miss Haytham.

• My favorite is Super Mario :P

assets.vg247.com/.../mario-thumbs_up.jpg

• I'm so glad Nathan Drake, Ellie Williams and Max Caulfield are on this list!! :D I was crushing on Nathan so hard at one point.

Haytham too. He was a lot better than Connor (who I personally didn't like)

• How could they not be in my top 11? They're awesome! 😄 and I agree, I never really liked connor either. Not when we could play as Haytham who's so much better. I always said: "Haytham is badass and Connor is an asskisser" XD

• @Fathoms77 Best AC? I wouldn't say so. It was def better than Unity but the older AC games are still a lot better.

• Uh, no. It was vastly refined in all forms of control, the grappling hook added an entirely new dimension to exploration, and the story was by far and away the best yet.

I'd still say Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood competes favorably with it, but it's close.

• I'd add Samuel Leo Fisher to the list.

• I love that scene where he shoots the vice president and says, "You might want to work on that bulletproof thing."

• Though did you hear the bad news
      the splinter cell series has gone on idefinite heitus

• @Waffles731 I know about the game series, my daughter knows the writers... not sure about the planned film.

• seeing ellie just made my heart clench, no big deal

What Guys Said 25