People Judge Your Personality on These 7 Things

If we like it or not people judge us right from the start we meet them and we do the same. We wanna know how this person is, what they represent, if we they are friendly and if we can trust them.

We need it to decide if we want to go further with them. Do we want to pursue a relationship, a friendship or any other kind of relationship.

Things people are using for that are the following:

1. Handwriting

People judge your personality on these things

Your handwriting can tell you certain things about yourself. Someone with a small handwriting is more likely shy, meticulous and studious.

How you hold your pen can say also something about a person, do you take things more serious then you put more pressure on the pen but someone who holds it more lightly is probably empathetic and more sensitive.

2. Your color

The color you often shoes to wear can say something who you are according to an article on Psychology Today. People who choose black are sensitive, artictic and attentive to details.

3. Biting your nails

How you react bodily on certain situations say something about who you are. Biting nails, playing with your hair, tikking with your feet or fingers…..

For example someone biting nails tends to be a perfectionist and nervous.

4. Shoes

According to Omri Gillath from the University of Kansas, just by examining the cost, style, color and condition of the shoe, you can be able to guess about 90% of the owner’s personal characteristic such as his or her income, political affiliation, gender, and even age.

5. Eyes

You probably already know the saying “Your eyes are the mirror to your soul”, so it isn’t a surprise that this is one of the seven things.

6. Your punctuality

Are you too early, right on time or too late it says certainly something about yourself.

7. Your handshake

That your handshake is an important instrument to determine how someone is isn’t a surprise neither. A strong handshake, a weak handshake or maybe a sweaty one it gives the other person an impression of who you are.

Now we know this we can have influence on how people see us.

vekin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

• Lol what do you mean by handwriting? Please explain more. Lol my hand writing is shit, so does that mean I'm shit?

• dont worry your not alone in that, since im a dyslexic my handwriting is the worst. lol

• Well I don't pay much attention to handwriting, shoes, punctuality, handshake or the little ticks like biting nails etc.

Generally I do for eyes and things people wear, SOMETIMES shoes. I LOVE shoes and i judge others on their shoes if theyre the kind I'd wear/want.

For example: I can wear grey sweats and a hoody one day, a pink dress the next and then gothc black. I LOVE heels but can't afford most of the kinds i like so i usually wear flats/slip ons and sneakers.

• I dont like people who have shitty writings esp when its a bunch of scribbles or just messy in general. It speaks volumes about their personality and habits. And i look their eyes too.

• I only have terrible writing because of birth defects only my family and best friend know about; it has nothing to do with my personality.

• Nervous people are easy to spot.

Arrogant people are easy to spot.

Libertarians are easy to spot.

I joke XD

• This myTake is right up my alley! I would've loved to read more info / analysis of each point, like, here is the truth... now let's see they why and how. Maybe in a part 2? :)

• I have "small writing", and I grip the pen really tight. I'm a very chaotic person, not at all shy or studios, and I'm very sentsative and empathic.

I've been wearing the exact same brand and style shoes for 10 years now. I wear a man's size 7 skate shoe, "Op" brand from Wal-Mart, black suede with white soles, and they're the only pair of everyday shoes I wear/own. I get a new identical pair about 4 times a year.

• you own a single pair of shoes or those r ur daily's? I e stuck to similar shoes for years as well. but they're a bit above Walmart quality and don't fall apart

• @orphan I own a single pair, not counting my colonial shoes when I dress in reenactment gear for work, because I ONLY wear those at work, not at all comfy. When my daily wear out, I buy another identical pair from Wal-Mart.

• Omg Thats true (:

• Grammar and spelling say a lot as well.

• Hahah. I can't believe nobody else had trouble reading it either.

• NIce Mytake, although I do think this is more for professional settings.
    However, I do agree that people do judge you instantly based on what you look like/wear. However, I think (or at least in my own judgement and personal experience) people will likely judge you more or remember you more if you have something outstanding from yourself whether negatively or positively. For example: wearing very expensive shoes/or watch or having very dirty shoes/ un-ironed clothes or bitten nails.

If anything stands out too negatively or positively, people are likely to remember you better and be make a judgement on you based on that. And some people are way more attentive to these things than others - not everyone notices them... to the same level.

• thank you for the compliment and for giving your own view, it really adds something

• i don't know why but i have a good impression of people with pretty eyes, i feel drawn to them and i also like it when people have a strong handshake!
    great myTake!

• Nice take 😊

What Guys Said 19

• or just on your looks - point blank.

• colour and handwriting analysis is nonsense but the rest of it is very true.

• This here confuses me because I have seen handwriting to be a good way to read people, in a certain way that is. People with the messiest handwriting in general tend to be messy people (me, my Dad, my sister, ect) but people with the neatest handwriting I notice are rather perfectionists and very neat (my grandmother, my Latin teacher, my brother, ome of my friends, ect)

• This isn't always the case of course, but I noticed to be a striking relation between how much of a neat person and perfectionist you are and your handwriting...

• Yeah, great points!

• Nice Take, though I wish you would have developed a bit more, cause it's pretty interesting.

• People judge your personality by *their* prejudices, rarely by objective facts.

• I have birth defects that make my hand writing terrible. does this mean everyone thinks I'm terrible?

• Women judge your value based on these things*

Can say I've never given a fuk about a dude or a girl biting their nails, the colors they wear, their fuking eyes, or their handwriting. Why would I even judge someone on their handwriting? Oh look, paul's a pretty decent dude but his handwriting is shit so I bet he's a right twat.

Can only co-sign the handshake bulletpoint.

• The handshake one is so true.

• I got bit messy hand writing and I hold my pens pretty hard. I am a bold and serious person though. Also, my eyes might be the reason I get looks from women but at the same time may seem unapproachable.

• Yeah, well fuck 'em.

• People judge you for literally everything you do. But yes this includes these 7 things

• Shoes? Really? Personally I would wear the same shoes whether I was rich or poor. I wear All-Stars almost always.

Also to the girl who mentioned about grammar. You understand MyTake's Owner isn't a native English speaker?

• thank you for reading

Indeed I am no native speaker, I thought it was understandable

• there should be more understanding persons like you here

• Haha, thanks. Yeah I agree.

• all bull.

• Eyes are the "WINDOWS to the soul", not the mirrors lol

• Damn I just mindfucked

• All good points exept the hand writing one. Nice mytake.

• "The color you often shoes to wear..."
    Is that a pun or a typo?

• 1 surprised me a little. How about shitty handwriting like mine? Lmao. I do know that the rest are true. I've always worn a red tie to interviews. Red shows power and charisma if I remember correctly. I know there was a study done on it.

• No. People judge your personality based on your looks.